• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Senda Litoral between Esposende and Viana do Castelo

Phoenix

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Are the boardwalks/path on this section of the Senda Litoral completed now?

I searched the forum and found a thread from 2018 that indicated the boardwalks were not completed at that time. I ask because the Wisely+ map in the app shows a complete Litoral route (red dots) after the crossing of rio Neiva.

Last October I walked the Litoral from Porto to Caminha except for this stage (I went to the central route for a couple days to get a feel for the difference between the routes). I'm bringing two friends to walk the coastal route this upcoming June and would prefer to stay as close to the coast as possible.

Any info is appreciated. TIA

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

I searched the forum and found a thread from 2018 that indicated the boardwalks were not completed at that time. I ask because the Wisely+ map in the app shows a complete Litoral route (red dots) after the crossing of rio Neiva.

Last October I walked the Litoral from Porto to Caminha except for this stage (I went to the central route for a couple days to get a feel for the difference between the routes). I'm bringing two friends to walk the coastal route this upcoming June and would prefer to stay as close to the coast as possible.

Any info is appreciated. TIA
Download trailsmart it has both routes on the map it's very helpful

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just a heads up if can avoid it don't stay at the main albergue. They are awful I have stayed there twice and they are terrible. There is another one on the hill it's very nice and quite reasonable. IMO

Just a heads up if can avoid it don't stay at the main albergue. They are awful I have stayed there twice and they are terrible. There is another one on the hill it's very nice and quite reasonable. IMO
Yep. I've already made a reservation for the one up on the hill next to Basílica de Santa Luzia.

Don’t hold your breath :D.

I would be very, very surprised if the powers that be even think about attempting to continue building a continual boardwalk from the Neiva to Viana.

Sure, the maps show a dotted line, but the practicalities on the ground are a completely different story.

If you are an intrepid, experienced hiker, who doesn’t mind wading through thick sand dunes, and fording across deep streams waist high, you can certainly do it. And I would love to hear from those who have.

The board walk tends to disappear suddenly in coastal storms.

Some of the main beaches have board walks from them off to the left and right, but they do not continue to the next beach, so you find yourself stranded in the middle of a sand dune, wondering whether to go forward or backtracking several kilometres, out to the main road, and back in again to the next beach resort.

Would love for someone to reply that there is now a boardwalk all the way!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back