A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Sending a bag from Lisbon to Santiago

JoanneK

Camino(s) past & future
Frances Part in April 2011
Frances April 2014
Camino Portuguese (Oct 2015)
Has anyone information on sending a bag to Santiago from Lisbon? I am especially keen to find out the name of a courier company that might do this? We are travelling in Spain after walking the Camino Portugues and will need things other than our walking gear. Thanks for your help. Joanne

Camino(s) past & future
'03CF, '08VdlP, '12Porto, '14VdlP via Port '15CPI ‘17Levante to Toledo
An easy option is to go to the post office and send to Ivar here on the site - for instructions, go to Camino Resources (top of page) then select Ivar from LHS, and '
Ship things ahead to Santiago, I will store it for 60 days (or more)’

marbuck

Camino(s) past & future
Condom to Pamplona April 2016.
Le Puy to Condom France - April-May 2015.
Roncesvalles to Santiago April - May 2014
Finisterre to Muxia May 2014
We used Ivar service last year, Really good. We would recommend it.

peregrina2000

Staff member

JoanneK

Camino(s) past & future
Frances April 2014
An easy option is to go to the post office and send to Ivar here on the site - for instructions, go to Camino Resources (top of page) then select Ivar from LHS, and '
Ship things ahead to Santiago, I will store it for 60 days (or more)’
Thanks - I've been in touch with Ivar and will get the bags sent to him for storage. I suppose we were wondering if there were any other options than using the postal service - which in some countries is not particularly reliable. We'll just have to trust that the bags will get there I think!

peregrina2000

Staff member
Thanks - I've been in touch with Ivar and will get the bags sent to him for storage. I suppose we were wondering if there were any other options than using the postal service - which in some countries is not particularly reliable. We'll just have to trust that the bags will get there I think!
Hi, Joanne,
You could use a shipping company. I spent an academic year in Lisbon a few years ago and we had stuff shipped home with DHL, which seems to be the most popular shipping company in Europe, more than Fed Ex or UPS (though I have had things shipped to me in Portugal via UPS, so I'm sure they have offices there, too).

http://www.dhl.pt/pt/country_profile/localizacoes_dhl_express.html

JoanneK

Camino(s) past & future
Frances April 2014

VascoH

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese Porto to Santiago (April 2013)
Portuguese Porto to Santiago (April 2014)
Joanne K, I've used the Portuguese postal service to send my extra travelling cloths to Ivar on both occasions when I walked from Porto without any problems and found the workers at the post office very helpful.
Bom Camino
Vasco

peregrina2000

Staff member
Joanne K, I've used the Portuguese postal service to send my extra travelling cloths to Ivar on both occasions when I walked from Porto without any problems and found the workers at the post office very helpful.
Bom Camino
Vasco
Good to know, Vasco. It sounds like the problems Ivar reported were only with people who used the Portuguese postal service to mail things to general delivery at the Santiago Post Office. It suggests that people sending stuff to Santiago from Portugal should send them to Ivar! Bom caminho, Laurie

JoanneK

Camino(s) past & future
Frances April 2014
Bom Camino
Vasco
Thanks Vasco. Your recent good experience with the postal service on the Portuguese Camino makes me lean towards that option. Joanne

Camino(s) past & future
May 2018 Camino Frances
May 2019 Camino Portugués

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 142 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 237 24.9%