• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sending a guide to Zamora

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
I can't find an email address to ask directly....so....does anyone know if it is possible to send my own little printed notes (including Laurie's guide) of the Invierno route to the Municipal Albergue in Zamora to pick up when I finish the Levante? Obviously I'd include a note of explanation and with my anticipated arrival date. I'd really like to not carry those pages for a while if possible!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The albergue phone numbers are on Gronze. If you call, you might be able to ask a volunteer hospitalero/hospitalera for an email address of the albergue management. It's a long shot. I have a feeling that the management of the Zamora albergue will advise you not to send mail for collection. I don't think they offer poste restante and in my experience, they're quite firm about what they will and won't do. (To be clear, I don't disagree with their rules or their enforcement of those rules. They run a tight ship. I approve).
You might have better luck if you contact a private albergue somewhere along your route - somewhere that is permanently staffed by the same people. It might not be standard service for them, but they don't have the logistical challenge of explaining the waiting envelope to a carousel of volunteer hospitaleros/hospitaleras. Luxury hotels might charge a fee for the service - family run operations would probably do it as a kindness.
Should you not find a place that will hold your mail, I would suggest an alternative - Save your document to a USB memory card and upload a copy to the cloud (in case the shop won't let you use the USB memory card). Then get it printed at Franja in Zamora:
Or at Original in Ponferrada
Personally, I prefer not to print anything - Just store documents as PDFs on my phone or in the cloud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for great suggestions @Raggy I would like to NOT take paper copies but I have had random things go wrong with my otherwise perfectly good phone on three of my caminos meaning I have been unable to access my carefully stored PDFs! So I’m happy to carry some sheets of paper for peace of mind.
Private albergue is the perfect place to start I think.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You might email the PDF file to yourself. If your PDF reader (or anything else) becomes a problem, you can access your email from your own or another's computer/phone. Then when you are in a hotel or hostal, ask if you can forward the email to them for printing.

Hi Rachel
My thoughts about sending mail to the Zamora Albergue are pretty much same as @Raggy ’s

I stayed there on my way in early May this year. Well run but (doubt? ) holding mail would be something they do.

Returning home a week later, I booked a night in Zamora at Hostal Chiqui.. I booked through booking but the website shows an info email address. Link : https://hostalchiqui.es/
Maybe you could put your question to them .
Btw. If you actually wanted to stay there - It’s a very nice place .. quiet and tasteful.

I understand your problem and hope you find a solution you’re happy with. I’ll be following your way.

Buen camino.
Annie

Why not send it to yourself when you arrive in Spain, via Correos. Lista de Correos, your name, adress to the postoffice in Zamora.
They usually keep it for 2 weeks but if you write on the outside when you will pick it up, they usually keep it until then.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I now take screenshots on my phone of my guidebooks before I leave home. It doesn't take up as much time as you think to do this. Then I have all the little notes I have accumulated in the margins from tips gleaned from forum members. No need to send anything ahead.

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back