• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sending bag from S Sebastian to Ivar

OTH86

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x 2, 2017, 2021, 2022
First of October, I would like to send a med size wheelie bag from San Sebastian, less than 25 kg, to Ivar for holding for about 7 weeks? Best, least expensive way? Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
First of October, I would like to send a med size wheelie bag from San Sebastian, less than 25 kg, to Ivar for holding for about 7 weeks? Best, least expensive way? Thanks!
Via Correos, the Spanish Post Office. I sent a small suitcase to him from Irun a few years ago. It cost about 22€ to mail, and arrived in Santiago in a couple of days. I received an email when it was delivered.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks, @trecile . What I expected, but needed confirmation!
edit: AND I knew I'd seen Ivar's great Send your luggage to Santiago recently, but... ;-)
Note that Correos has a special rate for peregrinos, but I think that's only when you are mailing to the main post office in Santiago. When you are mailing to a home or business you are charged the standard rates, which still are not too high.

Note that Correos has a special rate for peregrinos, but I think that's only when you are mailing to the main post office in Santiago. When you are mailing to a home or business you are charged the standard rates, which still are not too high.
Thanks for that info.

Yes, please do not use this special pilgrim rate when shipping to me. This rate does not include the bag to be transported to my address, and the post office will not inform me that I have a parcel waiting at the post office...

The special pilgrim rate should only be used if you would like to pick up your parcel at the Santiago Post office.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, please do not use this special pilgrim rate when shipping to me. This rate does not include the bag to be transported to my address, and the post office will not inform me that I have a parcel waiting at the post office...

The special pilgrim rate should only be used if you would like to pick up your parcel at the Santiago Post office.
Thank you, @ivar , for this clarification!

Last edited:
I sent a medium size suitcase to Ivar from San Sebastián in May this year through the post office. I used the instructions provided by Ivar. Went without a hitch and cost 28€.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.