• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sending luggage from Burgos to Santiago de Compostela

bluegreenroof

Time of past OR future Camino
2017 french route fr St Jean Pied de port
We've decided we could travel lighter & send our luggage to Santiago de Compostela to the storage service provided by Ivar Rekve. However, we are having difficulty finding a transport company who will take our suitcase from Burgos to Santiago. We will be in Castrojeriz tomorrow Fri June 2nd & in Carion de Los Condes on Sat & Sunday.

We've contacted Jacotrans & Camino Facil but sigh, they don't have this service.

Would greatly appreciate contacts & advice for companies / people who could collect & send our bag to Ivar's address.

Thank you.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you ! Called immediately but they handle city to city, not directly to Santiago. Helpful lady suggested I try the post office. Will check this out.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Have a look here: http://www.casaivar.com/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/faq.html

"What is the best way for me to ship my parcel to you?

From within Spain, in general, the postal service is the best way. They are usually more economical and very reliable. Still, keep your receipt that they give you so that we can track you parcel should it get lost. "

Buen Camino, SY

I have seen Ivar's "warehouse" many times... Based on my direct observations, about the only thing the Correos will not ship is a live pilgrim. :eek:

I have seen all manner and sizes of luggage, bicycles, large (I mean really large boxes), etc. If you have a question, check with your nearest post office Correos, or contact Ivar directly and ask him for advice. If the Correos will accept it for shipment, Ivar will accept it.

The "mochila transport" services are best for day-to-day, point-to-point movement of rucksacks or small luggage items along a Camino route. The Correos is best for single, long distance mailing services from wherever you are in Spain to Santiago.

But, Ivar is a very busy fellow. If you are in a hurry, my option would be to go to the Correos directly.

A third option, but you need to check first, is to ask a hotel you hold a reservation at Santiago, if they will accept and hold a parcel sent through the Correos for your arrival. I have done this on my past three Caminos for stuff I will want immediately, like clean clothes, or my shaving gear.

Ivar's service is excellent, but his "office hours" are more limited than a hotel reception desk. Now, I send things I will not want immediately to Ivar and other items, as mentioned directly to my preserved hotel.

Send your reserved hotel an e-mail using an online translator program or app. I find (IMHO) that the Microsoft or Bing translation program, or iPhone app, produces more fluid results than Google Translate. I recommend including the English text at the bottom of the e-mail message so they can try to sort out what you meant to say.

In my experience, the postal / parcel delivery services wholly within Spain are superb. Mailing from another EU country into Spain is a tad more sketchy.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
All the good advice is most appreciated. We're just back from the Post office, sending the bag to our hotel. And it costs 21.60 Euros which we thought extremely reasonable.

Now we are bagless ! And going to enjoy our Camino with less baggage

Buon Camino !

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I have seen Ivar's "warehouse" many times... Based on my direct observations, about the only thing the Correos will not ship is a live pilgrim. :eek:

I have seen all manner and sizes of luggage, bicycles, large (I mean really large boxes), etc. If you have a question, check with your nearest post office Correos, or contact Ivar directly and ask him for advice. If the Correos will accept it for shipment, Ivar will accept it.

The "mochila transport" services are best for day-to-day, point-to-point movement of rucksacks or small luggage items along a Camino route. The Correos is best for single, long distance mailing services from wherever you are in Spain to Santiago.

But, Ivar is a very busy fellow. If you are in a hurry, my option would be to go to the Correos directly.

A third option, but you need to check first, is to ask a hotel you hold a reservation at Santiago, if they will accept and hold a parcel sent through the Correos for your arrival. I have done this on my past three Caminos for stuff I will want immediately, like clean clothes, or my shaving gear.

Ivar's service is excellent, but his "office hours" are more limited than a hotel reception desk. Now, I send things I will not want immediately to Ivar and other items, as mentioned directly to my preserved hotel.

Send your reserved hotel an e-mail using an online translator program or app. I find (IMHO) that the Microsoft or Bing translation program, or iPhone app, produces more fluid results than Google Translate. I recommend including the English text at the bottom of the e-mail message so they can try to sort out what you meant to say.

In my experience, the postal / parcel delivery services wholly within Spain are superb. Mailing from another EU country into Spain is a tad more sketchy.

I hope this helps.
Our hotel in Santiago will hold our bags until we arrive free of charge. Just let them know when and put your hotel information on your name label. Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.