• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sending luggage from Pamplona to Santiago

TheBoat

Hello pilgrims,

Does anybody know a good way to send a suitcase from Pamlpona (or Barcelona, or roncesvalles) to Santiago?

Maybe there are services for this, or maybe I'll have to just go to a post office or something.

Any ideas?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I did this my first day in Spain. It was easy and relatively inexpensive. The main post office is easy to find. It will take two steps. First you have to take a ticket to purchase the box (3 euro)--the one I had to purchase was way too big but the smaller one wouldn't work. Oh well. They have tape there to use. It helps if you have your mailing label all made up--at least have all the information all written up. Then you have to take a ticket to mail your box. It was 12 euro to send it. No one speaks English but I figured a lot of it out and there were two angels who also helped. I was exhausted from an overnight flight and it was a struggle to concentrate--these two separate women noticed and through lots of hand motions, helped me through it.

The Post Office in Santiago will keep your parcel for 30 days. If you intend walking for longer than that, you can do one of two things:
1) Send the parcel to somewhere else along the route - perhaps Burgos or Leon - and then re-post it from there to Santiago. The Post Offices are not open on Sundays and are open for limited hours on Saturdays.
The name on the parcel must appear as it does in your passport.

John Doe
Lista de Correos
15780 Santiago de Compostela
A Coruña

09080 Burgos
24080 León
24700 Astorga (León)
24400 Ponferrada (León)

2) Or, you can post it to the Camino Travel Centre who will keep it for you for up to 60 days for 20 euro.
Find the address here: http://www.caminotravelcenter.com

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I asume from these answers that you can also send a small suitcase from Pamplona to Santiago? Do you have to put the suitcase in a box or can you send it just as it is?

I just found this post. Ivar offers a storage soution once the luggage hits Santiago. Cheap and he holds onto it until you arrive. Between the Spanish post and Ivar, I think this could be a good solution.
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/luggage- ... ompostela/

Buen Camino.
We did this—shipped a suitcase from a Madrid post office to Ivar and he held it for us. It was a snap to pick up, very inexpensive, and we got to meet Ivar! :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks people! I have another question. A friend and I will start our walk from Pamplona, but we would like to stay two days in Pamplona to do a little bit of sight seeing beforehand. We would like to stay at the Jesus y Maria Albergue. Woud it be able for us to stay there for two nights?

Unlikely, unless you are injured/ill, why not stay in one of the many inexpensive pensions and enjoy Pamplona without a curfew? Buen Camino, SY

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Need a place to stay for two nights in Pamplona, preferably near Camino shop and also in need of a place to stay in Santiago in the centre for three nights? Any suggestions?

We will first stay in Barcelona a few days, then off to Pamplona for another two days. Then start our Camino from Pamplona to Santiago in two parts, then off to Potugal on a short tour. The reason why we want to stay in Pamplona near the shop- I plan to buy a set of hiking poles from the Camino shop. We wanted to stay in the Jesus y Maria because we are pilgrims, but understood that it is not possible to stay there for two nights. Maybe because we arrive in the middle of September, they allow us??

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If there is one snorer in Jesus y Maria, you will all hear him/her as the sleeping 'cabins' are open on the top. For more than one night try one of the private albergues in Pamplona, Buen Camino, SY

Hello pilgrims,

Does anybody know a good way to send a suitcase from Pamlpona (or Barcelona, or roncesvalles) to Santiago?

Maybe there are services for this, or maybe I'll have to just go to a post office or something.

Any ideas?
I am wondering the same thing???

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back