• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sending luggage to Santiago

Katia Taam

Time of past OR future Camino
Every year, since 2000. Most times portuguese camino also twice the french camiño. Two time Le Puy .
Hello everyone

I´m planning my camiño next september. This is my plan:
I will walk all the Le Puy route then a bus/train to Leon and walk from Leon to Santiago.
After the camiño I am planning a month stay at A Coruña, at an AirBnb.
So I want to send a suitcase with clothes to Santiago, from Le Puy or from Lyon. I know I can have them sent to Ivar but I do not know how to send it. I believe french post does not deliver suitcases...
I´ve done something like this last year but I started at Porto so it was easy... there are lots of luggage transport from Porto to Santiago.
Does someone know if it's doable??
Thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have mailed after camino suitcases to Ivar from both LePuy and SJPP in France.
It is a bit more expensive than sending from within Spain...but that is part of the Camino cost for me.

I find a box that the small suitcase will fit in after I arrive...(often on the street) and then there is no issue with the French postal system and suitcases. It really is no more of a problem then mailing from Spain.

I have mailed after camino suitcases to Ivar from both LePuy and SJPP in France.
It is a bit more expensive than sending from within Spain...but that is part of the Camino cost for me.

I find a box that the small suitcase will fit in after I arrive...(often on the street) and then there is no issue with the French postal system and suitcases. It really is no more of a problem then mailing from Spain.
Thanks so much !!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Why do you have to send a suitcase? Send a parcel and if you really need a suitcase, buy a cheep one in Santiago.
By the way
I sent a parcel from the postoffice in Le Puy to the poste restante/ lista the correos in Santaigo some hears ago(2009) and it never showed up in Santiago. Two years later it surprisingly showed up at my post office in the north of Norway. So I would send my luggage to Ivar if I had to send something.

Last edited:
Why do you have to send a suitcase? Send a parcel and if you really need a suitcase, buy a cheep one in Santiago.
By the way
I sent a parcel from the postoffice in Le Puy to the poste restante/ lista the correos in Santaigo some hears ago(2009) and it never showed up in Santiago. Two years later it surprisingly showed up at my post office in the north of Norway. So I would send my luggage to Ivar if I had to send something.
I want a practical solution so that I do not have to go searching for a box. The post in France rarely have big boxes, only small ones. My suitcas (it's for me and my husband) will be something aroud 20kg...

Just a correction, I used the word camiño ans as my friend KariC just told me it is wrong. Sorry, camino
Thanks again Kari

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back