• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sending luggage to St Jean Pied de Port

rossfamcan

My husband and I are intending to walk from Le Puy to St Jean Pied de Port next year. We would like to be able to send a suitcase of non-hiking clothes to St Jean Pied de Port as we intend to travel through France after our walk. Has anyone any advice as to how we could do this and where we could find storage for the 5 weeks we think it will take us to walk?
Advice would be very much appreciated. :?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We walked this year in June and July and had a wonderful time.
Carry on luggage on departure , a suitcase on return.
We arrived in Biarritz after the walk to relax and get the body ok and went shopping..
The Fuhrer was not satisified and decided she needed more in Paris before we came home.
Please dont get too carried away with dress code in europe.
Once they know you have walked the GR65 appearances mean nothing and you will be very surprised at the casual attire throughout europe, especially in summer.
Have a great Camino
D

I would use one of the transport companies bringing luggage along the way. I sent a couple of packets from France by the post that never showed up. One from Le Puy to Santiago and one from the post office in St. Alban-sur-Limagnole to my homeadress in Norway. In the last town I shared sleepingplace with a German man who sent his luggage with one of the luggagebringing companies. He picked up his luggage in St. Jean. Cost a bit but the postfares was not so cheap either, think I paid 26 euros for the packet that did not arrive in Norway. I will never send packets from France anymore. The best is not to carry more than you need and rather buy something in Santiago if you have to.
ranthr

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back