• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sept 2021 Senda Litoral with Variante Espiritual

Boardgamer

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello to you all.... I am sharing my initial planning for this route for my trip starting 18th Sept in Porto. Any advice/thoughts/recommendations welcome....

My flight home (Ireland) would be on day 15 so it gives me a sleep in SdC also :)

Hopefully it's waymarked but from reading previous threads (super helpful) this is what I came up with.

Day 1: Porto to Labruge (~24km)

Day 2: Labruge to Povoa de Varzim (~16km)

Day 3: PdV to Marinhas (~25km)

Day 4: Marinhas to Viano do Castelo (~24km)

Day 5: VdC to Caminha (~29km)

Day 6: Caimnha to Mougás (~25km)

Day 7: Mougás to Ramallosa (~16km)

Day 8: Ramallosa to Vigo (~20km)

Day 9: Vigo to Redondela (~17km)

Day 10. Redondela to Pontevedra (~21km)

Day 11: Pontevedra to Armenteira (Variante Espiritual, ~28km)

Day 12: Armenteira to Vilanova de Arousa (~24km)

Day 13: Vilanova de Arousa to Padrón (ferry and a short walk!)

Day 14: Padrón to Santiago de Compostela (~25km)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello to you all.... I am sharing my initial planning for this route for my trip starting 18th Sept in Porto. Any advice/thoughts/recommendations welcome....
This is definitely doable, albeit a tad ambitious. I assume you're a very fit walker. My two hesitations would be: 1) you don't leave yourself any flexibility in case you get delayed for some reason, and 2), you're kind of rushing through some great scenery without much time to loiter. However, if you've only got 14 days ...

My flight home (Ireland) would be on day 15 so it gives me a sleep in SdC also :)

Hopefully it's waymarked but from reading previous threads (super helpful) this is what I came up with.

Day 1: Porto to Labruge (~24km)

Day 2: Labruge to Povoa de Varzim (~16km)

Day 3: PdV to Marinhas (~25km)

Day 4: Marinhas to Viano do Castelo (~24km)

Day 5: VdC to Caminha (~29km)

Day 6: Caimnha to Mougás (~25km)

Day 7: Mougás to Ramallosa (~16km)

Day 8: Ramallosa to Vigo (~20km)

Day 9: Vigo to Redondela (~17km)

Day 10. Redondela to Pontevedra (~21km)

Day 11: Pontevedra to Armenteira (Variante Espiritual, ~28km)

Day 12: Armenteira to Vilanova de Arousa (~24km)

Day 13: Vilanova de Arousa to Padrón (ferry and a short walk!)

Day 14: Padrón to Santiago de Compostela (~25km)
Totally possibly, though if time permits, suggest that in Armenteira you permit yourself the time to walk on the Ruta de Piedra y Agua, without your backpack, and return to Armenteira to overnight. The 6/7 or so kms that are the Ruta de Piedra y Agua are so beautiful and specai that I wish that I had walked down it and then re-walked the return, to then walk again when continuing the next day.

You might be interested in my various posts in connection with this route that can be read here :
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-coastal-portuguese-routes.70544/#post-944595

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you so much for the recommendations and advice.

I share your sentiment about not taking too much time to take it in. I'll just have to get up super early and take it in my own way and stride.

I just read the posts on the thread listed and wow! I want to visit the singing nuns now. I will try to make it to the monastery, if not the day I arrive to Armenteira I will visit on the morning before I head to Vilanova. That will be a super early day for me :)

I appreciate your help :)

€60,-
The albergue in Caminha doesn't get a great press. Also I'm not aware of an albergue in Vigo (and wouldn't recommend the one in Freixo). There are alternatives, and you may not want to stay in albergues at all/every night.
Thanks
Mark

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back