• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sept.-Oct. 2017 pilgrims: check in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at starting from Pamplona on 2 October, after having several days exploring France!

Looking forward to meeting some of you out there. I have a Forum badge on my red Deuter backpack, so you may see me stumbling along somewhere.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am getting worried- anyone starting on 20 September from Pamplona?

Where or how did you get hold of a forum badge? I also want one?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Maurice Heneghan from the UK starting the Camino for the first time from SJPP Friday 13th October.

Where or how did you get hold of a forum badge? I also want one?
Miss Marietjie, you will see several forum members arriving and passing by Pamplona on the 20th, just check the listing of those leaving St Jean on the 15t, 16th, 17th, 18th . . . Here is a link to the camino store, you can purchase various badges here:

https://www.santiagodecompostela.me/collections/badges

Good luck y que la luz de Dios alumbre us camino.

Maurice Heneghan from the UK starting the Camino for the first time from SJPP Friday 13th October.
Mister Maurice, welcome to the forum, your first post!

Good luck y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm looking at starting from Pamplona on 2 October . . . .
Miss Debra, Team Sailor [my wife and me] plan to be out of Pamplona one or two days earlier, but you will catch up with us. Easy to spot, my wife with a green osprey backpack and I have a forum badge on my black osprey backpack. Please say hello when you pass by. Buena suerte, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Hi Marietjie!
Look at the people who are leaving from SJPP a few days before you. You may be meeting some of them when they arrive in Pamplona. Along with hundreds of others who aren't on this forum or on this thread. Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Ashley T,
I am also from Brissy, and have clocked up a few K's on Camino over the last three years. I can still vividly recall nervously walking through the gate at SJPdP on my own the first time, and the sheer elation of crossing the Pyrenees into Roncesvalles that day. Just take your time, watch your step, keep up the food and drink, and say "Hola" or "Buen Camino" (or both) to the people you meet. You will do just fine, and the nerves will give way to anticipation and enjoyment as you find your rhythm on The Way. I look forward to following your progress. Please feel free to P.M. me if you have any questions I can help with.
Buen Camino, John.

Miss Marietjie, you will see several forum members arriving and passing by Pamplona on the 20th, just check the listing of those leaving St Jean on the 15t, 16th, 17th, 18th . . . Here is a link to the camino store, you can purchase various badges here:

https://www.santiagodecompostela.me/collections/badges

Good luck y que la luz de Dios alumbre us camino.
Thank you Sailor, I will look out for my fellow peregrinii.

Hi! My name is MaryClare Zimmermann. I'll be leaving from SJPP on Sept 30. I'm from Chicago, Illinois

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi! My name is MaryClare Zimmermann. I'll be leaving from SJPP on Sept 30. I'm from Chicago, Illinois
Miss MaryClare, welcome aboard, your first post! You are not going to be alone. Take it easy, enjoy, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

. . . October 1: (Camino Frances): Jamie, USA Michigan, SJPP . . .
Jamie, welcome aboard, your first post! You will have good company, please check the original post for the listing of those "getting underway" on the same day. Take it easy, enjoy your camino, safety first, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Hello--

Leaving on September 28 from Michigan to Chicago to Paris on the 29th, then on to SJPP if I can figure out how to get there. . Staying in SJPP on the 29th and 30th, then booked in at Orisson on October 1.

Looking forward to Santiago de Compostela then on to Finisterre/ Muxia.

Yay- first post!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello--

Leaving on September 28 from Michigan to Chicago to Paris on the 29th, then on to SJPP if I can figure out how to get there. . Staying in SJPP on the 29th and 30th, then booked in at Orisson on October 1.

Yay- first post!

Welcome to the forum Jamie529!

This recent thread should help in planning your travel from Paris to SJPdP.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ing-from-paris-to-st-jean-pied-de-port.47521/

Good luck and Buen camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hello--

Yay- first post!

Looks like I'll be seeing you along the way! That's more or less my schedule at the moment :)

First of all, Buen Camino and Ultreia to the 60 pilgrims on this list that are on the Camino now! Would love to hear how you are doing.

I am flying on Saturday (day after tomorrow) and Sailor has graciously agreed to continue to update this list, at least until he sets sail for the Camino himself near the end of the month.

Happy trails, everyone.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
First of all, Buen Camino and Ultreia to the 60 pilgrims on this list that are on the Camino now! Would love to hear how you are doing.

I am flying on Saturday (day after tomorrow) and Sailor has graciously agreed to continue to update this list, at least until he sets sail for the Camino himself near the end of the month.

Happy trails, everyone.

Jill,

How wonderful that it is almost time for you to start off once again! Whatever might be I wish you all the best.
Buen camino and, in the truest sense, Ultreia!
Margaret

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back