• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September 2014 Peregrinos

Where are you staying in St Jean? I also hope to leave on the 4th but will not stop at Orisson. Hopefully we can meet the evening before.
We are arriving in SJPP on the morning of 4 Sept so you will be ahead of us. Maybe our paths will cross a little later along The Way. Cheers Annie and Jacko

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
updated 7/31
August 23 rd-Geoff Stewart, Allister
August 24th- zolarose
August25th -Angelo
August 26th - VATom, Pilgrim Midwife, Diegomartine
August27th - cinimod
August 28th - Agnogel, Sami Aaltonen
August29th- gimpywalker
August 31st -Oso, Snake ,
September 1st -Kiwi-D , gwDelmar , me.andmyshadow, Ahaj, Skudah
September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005, ndrea,Purrrrple Panda , OzAnnie ( Irun), Dutch
September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn,Pawel
September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona )
September 8th
September 9th Monk Moses, taozenqi , mferrara , Valgongs
September 10th
September 11th-Jacquelineharris ,Jennie and her sister Linda, Cathy Mahoney
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik
September 13th -LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law, Don Hoff (Astroga)
September 14th -Walking Man 06, RogerM, Cate A
September 15th -Janet Ellen, Marilyn Russell
September 16th -Jabaldo, Great Dane (Zubiri), twojay54
September 17th- -Zarniwoop, jessica.vthhiker, Kathleen de Montreal
September 18th
September 19th -Holly, ksam
September 20th -Jamie Archer, AnnieY
September 21st -Adhemar78
September 22nd –jdpigue
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC
September 24th -Annie Little
September 25th-s4sfamily(Leon), sooh(Pomplona)
September 26th - DeadFred, Bernatchez M , organflute, Rachel_1981
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Here's some interesting Camino stats shared by Johnny Walker for the first 6 months of 2014 http://www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Oh "Dead One"-- you can finally add me to the list. :)

After weeks of wrangling-- I've settled on beginning my camino in SJPDP on September 23rd.

Joe

Your listed JoeNYC .... btw no need to call me "Dead One" .. just call me "Mort" :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi
We have booked a one way flight for our first Camino - starting from Pamplona on 25th Sept. We are not intending to rush to get to Santiago but to savour our experience and all the challenges we may face :)
Buen Camino

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
First time Peregrina here! I will be starting from St. Jean somewhere between Sept 26-28 trotting solo. This is a great thread, hope to meet many of you out there!

Laurie & I head out the 26th to Orisson , No doubt see you somewhere out there Jgun87

Hi, I'm arriving in SJPDP on 5th of September and starting on 6th.

Pawel
Hi, We are starting on the 6th as well. Look for backpacks with forum badge and Aussie kangaroo patches and make sure you say "Hola". Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
First time Peregrina here! I will be starting from St. Jean somewhere between Sept 26-28 trotting solo. This is a great thread, hope to meet many of you out there!

Welcome, you are astute to note that you will be starting out solo, but that won't be for long. As you can see it is a mobile, embracing community. Another truth is that it is common for a person to discover that they wind up going in a manner, mode and direction they never intended nor imagined....it is spiritual.

Peregrina, consider that you have been born a Pilgrim, and remain one on this celestial ball, this beautiful Earth, but you are part of the Cosmos..all Creation. Also, you are already a Pilgrim on the Camino...before your boots hit the ground.
We will be finishing up in Santiago just as you begin your phase of the Camino....
Think of it as a continuum. After your trek, you'll find it a Daily part of your Treasury of Memories.
! Buen Camino!

Hi, We are starting on the 6th as well. Look for backpacks with forum badge and Aussie kangaroo patches and make sure you say "Hola". Buen Camino

See You there then!
And... also look for a backpack with forum badge :).
!Buen Camino!

I've been looking for a group for interaction of the Septmember 2014 folks and haven't had much success . Figure I would hop in here and start one , then I would get a ton of emails telling me were at least five such threads dwell . If I don't then , Welcome to the only verified , validated, Ivar approved ( I hope :) ) Camino September 2014 Topic( as of 2/6/2014) . All are welcome of course. Except for the Janurary Pilgrims .. cause something just isn't right if your going in Janurary ( Brrrrr)

Joe here , Arkansas , Heading out and up on the 26th to Orission of the Camino Francis with my wife & son . Ticketed and almost equiped . Oh Boy!.
Hi, I live in Alaska from Arkansas starting September 16th from SJ
I've been looking for a group for interaction of the Septmember 2014 folks and haven't had much success . Figure I would hop in here and start one , then I would get a ton of emails telling me were at least five such threads dwell . If I don't then , Welcome to the only verified , validated, Ivar approved ( I hope :) ) Camino September 2014 Topic( as of 2/6/2014) . All are welcome of course. Except for the Janurary Pilgrims .. cause something just isn't right if your going in Janurary ( Brrrrr)

Joe here , Arkansas , Heading out and up on the 26th to Orission of the Camino Francis with my wife & son . Ticketed and almost equiped . Oh Boy!.

Hi, I live in Alaska from Arkansas starting September 16th from ST. Jean I've gone through all types of emotions from total obsession to fear to an incredible awareness around my body and pain. Safe travels!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi GreatDane - I'll be in Roncevalles on the 14th... and Zubiri on the 16th... so I'll miss you by a day... hope you have a great walk though!
HI LesBras, I am now spending my first night - Sept 15 at the Corazon Puro Pension and Zubiri on the 16th. Hope to see you on the trail!

Hi, I live in Alaska from Arkansas starting September 16th from ST. Jean I've gone through all types of emotions from total obsession to fear to an incredible awareness around my body and pain. Safe travels!

Welcome Janicelee. I've gone through the same range of emotions.

Well its down to 4 weeks and I will be walking the streets of SJPP after collecting my passport and catching up with my old friends (the bars) and soaking up that feeling with peligrino's everywhere. Those there for the first time with eyes wide open with anxious excitement and those that are back with that Camino smile that was started with their first step and has not left them since no matter how long ago they started.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Where do y'all recommend to stay in St Jean? I will be arriving the 27 and staying two nights!

Well its down to 4 weeks and I will be walking the streets of SJPP after collecting my passport and catching up with my old friends (the bars) and soaking up that feeling with peligrino's everywhere. Those there for the first time with eyes wide open with anxious excitement and those that are back with that Camino smile that was started with their first step and has not left them since no matter how long ago they started.
We will be the first timers with eyes wide open. As we walked this morning my husband said he was pleased we were having a full day in SJPP before starting to walk so we can soak up the atmosphere. I jokingly said that we could hang around outside the Pilgrim Office for the day if he liked !

Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We will be the first timers with eyes wide open. As we walked this morning my husband said he was pleased we were having a full day in SJPP before starting to walk so we can soak up the atmosphere. I jokingly said that we could hang around outside the Pilgrim Office for the day if he liked !

Buen Camino
I do hope our paths cross

Hi,
I'm getting into Santander on September the 16th and making my way from there to SJPP to walk the camino. I am a bit scared as I'm doing it by myself but I'm also really excited, I can't wait to get started! AnnieY, I used to live in Exeter, I moved from there in June. If you have not sorted your dates yet, I am getting the ferry from Portsmouth on the 16th, I would be more than happy if you wanted to join me :)

Alison
Im leaving SJPP on the morn of the 20th, I did send you a message with my email address, so if you wanted to ring we could chat..Also Chris from Chester am meeting the day before and he is leaving the same morning , staying at Hotel des Remparts. Im going to take route Napoleon and stay at Orrison first night, Chris is doing the lower route in 1 hit - tres fit! do get in touch A.

Hi,
I'm getting into Santander on September the 16th and making my way from there to SJPP to walk the camino. I am a bit scared as I'm doing it by myself but I'm also really excited, I can't wait to get started! AnnieY, I used to live in Exeter, I moved from there in June. If you have not sorted your dates yet, I am getting the ferry from Portsmouth on the 16th, I would be more than happy if you wanted to join me :)

Alison
have sent you message, but cant find thread now- fine to meet up - would be great to have company

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Arriving in SJPP on 22 August... Does anyone know the latest arrival time for the albergue in Hunto please..?
Regards
Allister and Diane

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
updated 8/4
August 24th- zolarose asger.me

August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August29th- gimpywalker
August 31st -Oso, Snake , Tony Jansen

September 2nd -Denis Aldridge , Flaca005, ndrea,Purrrrple Panda , OzAnnie ( Irun), Dutch
September 4th –clearskies, Katies Dad (Leon) clearskies, el ciervo amarillo( walking from England!) , Jason Loke , DragonflyAnnie
September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz

September 7th -Trish McGregor , Wiglaura(+ 8) , Denisealldridge,jessica.vthhiker,Wolfdog , alian. Fr (Pomplona )
September 8th
September 10th
September 12th- PetiteWalker,itsJann, GerardCarey, alrushton, Ashley Benner, Rorik
September 13th -LesBrass, Arkbuilder, Barber1586,ray jay , Christine law, Don Hoff (Astroga)
September 16th -Jabaldo, Great Dane (Zubiri), twojay54, Janicelee

September 18th
September 22nd –jdpigue
,SĂ©amas Ă“Muireadhaigh
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Here's some interesting Camino stats shared by Johnny Walker for the first 6 months of 2014 http://www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
{{{50 days! }}}
Hello,
I'm now under a month till we all find our Way, and trying not to make God laugh by my attempts to plan, but does anyone have a good list or guide as to what to leave for those we leave behind? thanks Ron

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello,
I'm now under a month till we all find our Way, and trying not to make God laugh by my attempts to plan, but does anyone have a good list or guide as to what to leave for those we leave behind? thanks Ron
You mean instructions, contact info, etc.?
Copy of your passport photo page. Copy of driver's license or photo id.
Rough outline of where you will be and approximate dates.
Airline itinerary.
Email or IM id. Name and number of any hotels where you have pre-arranged reservations.
Above all, tell them "don't worry, I'm going to have the time of my life".

Buen Camino, Ron.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You mean instructions, contact info, etc.?
Copy of your passport photo page. Copy of driver's license or photo id.
Rough outline of where you will be and approximate dates.
Airline itinerary.
Email or IM id. Name and number of any hotels where you have pre-arranged reservations.
Above all, tell them "don't worry, I'm going to have the time of my life".

Buen Camino, Ron.
Great start, I'm afraid that I would also need to let my better half know who to call for plumbing, electrical etc. She knows too well how to manage the money and where the will is. I open for all suggestions. Thanks
Ron

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, My husband and I are starting from St Jean on September 5th as well. We arrive in Madrid on the 2nd then train/taxi to St Jean on the 4th. We will walk to Orisson then taxi back to SJ for the night and then take the shuttle bus back up to Orisson on the 6th. We will be the oldies with the Aussie flag on our backpack. We will fly home on the 20th October. It's nice to know that we may live in different parts of the world but we are connected through a wish or dream to walk the Camino. All the best. Hope to see you out there somewhere in September/October. Sriyantra
Hello fellow Queenslander. We too will be starting on Sept 5th from SJPDP. Do you know where you will stay on the night of the 4th?(we havent booked yet) Be good to catch up.
Cheers Nigel & Marilyn

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello fellow Queenslander. We too will be starting on Sept 5th from SJPDP. Do you know where you will stay on the night of the 4th?(we havent booked yet) Be good to catch up.
Cheers Nigel & Marilyn
Hi, Good to hear from you. We are staying at Erracaldia B&B. We are catching the train from Madrid to Pamplona and then taxi to SJPP on the 4th. We should get there mid afternoon. We have decided to spend the 5th looking around SJPP then walking to Orisson on the 6th. We will go back to Erracaldia for the night of the 6th and then up on the shuttle bus to Orisson on the morning of the 7th.
There are so many leaving on the 5th and you can feel the excitement rising.
What are your travel plans to get to SJPP.? Let us know where you are staying on the 4th.
We have put a green and yellow kangaroo patch on our backpacks plus a forum patch. Hopefully we will meet up one way or another. Buen Camino

Hola September 5th'ers ,. there are 17 of you ( not counting partners ) leaving Saint Jean on the same day . This is amazing .. this is a Parade !

I'll think of y'all as my wife & I step out from Lisbon's cathedral. Better still, I'll say a prayer for y'all while inside. We'll likely be coming back from Finsterra when you hit Santiago so we may just bump into each other there.

We're also leaving SJPDP the 12th and are staying in Orrison for the night. What are your plans???

Hi! I was going to try and push on to Roncesvalles as my first stop, but after reading some other feeds on Orrison, I think i'm going to have to make that my first stop. Why not spend the night in the Pyrenees!? Also, my body will probably thank me for the rest after that first climb. Hope for smooth sailing afterwards! Where did you book your room for the night of the 12th?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Staying at Orrison is a good idea imho. Although the toughness of the stretch before it might be a bit dissapointing depending on expectations, the second part of the stage after Orrison, especially the downhill part, can be incredibly demanding depending on your individual preparation. You can't go wrong with taking the time to let those first KMs sink in and enjoying the thrill of being on the Way.

Best regards

Last edited:
Hi! I was going to try and push on to Roncesvalles as my first stop, but after reading some other feeds on Orrison, I think i'm going to have to make that my first stop. Why not spend the night in the Pyrenees!? Also, my body will probably thank me for the rest after that first climb. Hope for smooth sailing afterwards! Where did you book your room for the night of the 12th?
Hi Ashley. We are at Orisson on the 12th.
I'd contact Orisson asap. You may be lucky to get a bed.
Where are you staying on the 11th?
Regds
Gerard

Hi Ashley. We are at Orisson on the 12th.
I'd contact Orisson asap. You may be lucky to get a bed.
Where are you staying on the 11th?
Regds
Gerard

I have sent a message to Orisson requesting availability for one on the 12th. Fingers crossed they have a bed available! If not - i'll continue on. The 11th I will be staying in Pamplona at Pension Corazon Puro (http://www.corazonpuro.es/). I arrive in Madrid that morning and am planning on catching a bus to Pamplona and then have a pick-up arranged to Pension Corazon Puro. They then offer a service to SJPDP the next morning. Then the fun begins! :)

Twenty four days until I leave home. Started training with full weight backpack today and my youngest daughter (two and a half years old) insisted she'd fit very well in it.
I must say that I'm tempted by the thought. Not seeing her smile every morning right after she wakes up will probably be my major cause for homesickness.

Last edited:
I have sent a message to Orisson requesting availability for one on the 12th. Fingers crossed they have a bed available! If not - i'll continue on. The 11th I will be staying in Pamplona at Pension Corazon Puro (http://www.corazonpuro.es/). I arrive in Madrid that morning and am planning on catching a bus to Pamplona and then have a pick-up arranged to Pension Corazon Puro. They then offer a service to SJPDP the next morning. Then the fun begins! :)
just to be warned Orrisson does take a few days to get back to you

We are all like a bunch of young'ns waiting for our first day of school or Santa to show up! :D
Its also a wonderful time for those comming home, my second walk and my wife wishes I would stop talking about it,,,,,,,but I can not as I am excited.

Hi, we are a 50's something couple, Russ and Jan from Melbourne, Australia taking our first steps from SJPDP on September 6th, 2014. Starting slow, and stopping at Orrison on the first night. Start like an old man, finish like a young man;). We keep an ear out for the other Aussie accents.
Hi Russ and Jane I leave SJPP on the 5th from melbourne also when are you flying out I am on the 2nd as I have no time constraints after Orisson no doubts our path will cross.

Hi, Good to hear from you. We are staying at Erracaldia B&B. We are catching the train from Madrid to Pamplona and then taxi to SJPP on the 4th. We should get there mid afternoon. We have decided to spend the 5th looking around SJPP then walking to Orisson on the 6th. We will go back to Erracaldia for the night of the 6th and then up on the shuttle bus to Orisson on the morning of the 7th.
There are so many leaving on the 5th and you can feel the excitement rising.
What are your travel plans to get to SJPP.? Let us know where you are staying on the 4th.
We have put a green and yellow kangaroo patch on our backpacks plus a forum patch. Hopefully we will meet up one way or another. Buen Camino
Its getting close I am staying at Gite Ultreia its where I stayed last year if we can catchup for a vino before I leave that would be great.
Trevor

You guys are gonna have one BIG Camino family!
All those staying at Orrison I will be glad to meet you all, look for a guy with a big smile and friendly greeting to all my peligrino mates also I no doubt will be raising a glass.
Trevor from Australia

Cheers Nigel & Marilyn
Hi Northerners
Trevor from the south but I grew up in Qld no doubt I will see you as I am doing a return walk starting on the 5th family still live in Qld, Sunshine Coast. Where are you flying into?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Time for an update DeadFred! :D
All those Australians starting on or around the 5th Sept. how are you getting to SJPDP I am flying Maylasia and then TVG from Paris fly out of Oz on the 2nd.

pdated 8/6

August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August29th- gimpywalker

September 5th -Calides2014 , TrevorCC , Walsh Camino , Riyanter, Musedoc,WalkCWalk, MichaelSG (Lisboa), OTH86, David Egglestone, LiesbethSA , Linda Wentzel Hetty & Gerald van Gurp, Ward Carson, Rcamargo, nigeloz
September 6th - Pippa, Krazykwltr, Carolina Ayala ,Sriyantna, DaleKathryn,Pawel, RMckay(Russ and Jan)

September 8th
September 10th
September 18th
September 22nd –jdpigue
, SĂ©amas Ă“Muireadhaigh
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Twenty four days until I leave home. Started training with full weight backpack today and my youngest daughter (two and a half years old) insisted she'd fit very well in it.
I must say that I'm tempted by the thought. Not seeing her smile every morning right after she wakes up will probably be my major cause for homesickness.
I also trained today with full backpack, Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!! Feels much heavier than my daypack I've been training with. Managed 11 km with it.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Its getting close I am staying at Gite Ultreia its where I stayed last year if we can catchup for a vino before I leave that would be great.
Trevor
I agree. Do you know of somewhere in SJPP? If you nominate a place and time then those leaving on the 5th or 6th can come and catch up if they want. Not long now.....Buen Camino

All those Australians starting on or around the 5th Sept. how are you getting to SJPDP I am flying Maylasia and then TVG from Paris fly out of Oz on the 2nd.
We are flying Emirates from Brisbane to Madrid, train to Pamplona, taxi to SJPP.

What wonderful tales you will have to tell her though in the years to come. My major cause for homesickness will be my 11 year old West Highland Terrier !! She already knows something is up as we have had all our gear out doing practise packing !!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, we are a 50's something couple, Russ and Jan from Melbourne, Australia taking our first steps from SJPDP on September 6th, 2014. Starting slow, and stopping at Orrison on the first night. Start like an old man, finish like a young man;). We keep an ear out for the other Aussie accents.
Hi Jan and Russ, We will also be starting out on the 6th. Our plan is to walk to Orisson or maybe Pic and then get a taxi back to our accommodation at SJPP then the shuttle bus back up the next morning for Day 2 through to Roncesvalles. Look out for backpacks with forum badge and green and gold kangaroo patch. Trevorcc, from the forum, has made the suggestion that we get together for a vino somewhere. He has been to SJPP before so keep an eye out in case he posts a place and time. Buen Camino

Aussies, What are you doing re international SIM card. Taking one or buying one there? That's the next decision for me. Thanks

updated 8/4

August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August29th- gimpywalker

September 8th
September 10th

September 18th
September 22nd –jdpigue
,SĂ©amas Ă“Muireadhaigh
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

I will begin on Sept. 23 SJPSP. Is there a page to add your date to, and view updates? Thank you.

updated 8/7
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August29th- gimpywalker, Cambridge Pilgrim , Tez
August 30th -Smtl(+1)

September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus, June F
September 8th
September 10th
September 18th
September 22nd –jdpigue ,Séamas ÓMuireadhaigh
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/september-2014-peregrinos.24717/page-7#post-233653

Last edited:
Hey Joe
I'll be arriving in Paris late Sept.17 and will spend a few days in France with friends. On Monday the 22nd they will take me to a train in Toulouse..a 6hr. ride to SJPDP. So I guess I will begin my walk the next day, the 23rd. You?

have sent you message, but cant find thread now- fine to meet up - would be great to have company

Hi Annie, not sure how to do a private message, im doing the same, leaving from London uk, im not nervous as such. but would be nice to touch base with you?
Ivar how do we private message?

Hi Annie, not sure how to do a private message, im doing the same, leaving from London uk, im not nervous as such. but would be nice to touch base with you?
at the top of this page click on private conversations and type to me AnnieY I think that works! if you send it directly to Ivar he will give you specific instruction on how to - he gets back very quickly - plenty of people ask this question and plenty help out - I've just forgot!

What AnnieY mentions works.. also, you can click on a users username under their image... that brings up this window:
Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 8.36.50 PM.png
..then you click "Start a Conversation" (see it there in the middle?)... that does the same thing...

Buen Camino!
Ivar

I'm thinking of arriving in Paris the morning of the 21st, flying to Biarritz, staying there a night, then to St Jean on the 22nd, and beginning my Camino on the 23rd too.

I booked a room in Orisson for the first day- figured I might still be a bit jet- lagged! :)

22 days untill take off. Started my tailor made special -I'm gonna walk a boatload of kms with a backpack and I don't want to break my back while doing it- program at the gym yesterday. Specifically asked my trainer to not break my back as I wanted to walk long distance today.
Of course I can hardly stand now, let alone put one foot in front of the other.
Oh well, extra rest day.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of arriving in Paris the morning of the 21st, flying to Biarritz, staying there a night, then to St Jean on the 22nd, and beginning my Camino on the 23rd too.

I booked a room in Orisson for the first day- figured I might still be a bit jet- lagged! :)
where are you staying Joe?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Jan and Russ, We will also be starting out on the 6th. Our plan is to walk to Orisson or maybe Pic and then get a taxi back to our accommodation at SJPP then the shuttle bus back up the next morning for Day 2 through to Roncesvalles. Look out for backpacks with forum badge and green and gold kangaroo patch. Trevorcc, from the forum, has made the suggestion that we get together for a vino somewhere. He has been to SJPP before so keep an eye out in case he posts a place and time. Buen Camino
Hi fellow adventurers, we arrive into SJPDP on the 5th September staying at Gîte Ultreïa, the next night at the Refuge in Orrison. I'm easy to spot, I will the guy hitting his head on every door frame, yes I'm really tall. I wouldn't mind a vino or two.

Hi Russ and Jane I leave SJPP on the 5th from melbourne also when are you flying out I am on the 2nd as I have no time constraints after Orisson no doubts our path will cross.
Hi Trevorcc, we are staying at Gîte Ultreïa on the 5th September, look for the taLL guy. Wouldn't mind a vino or two.

This thread really seems to have taken off and if people are interested we could run it for each month?

Is it more useful in the summer months when more people are walking or the winter when fewer people are about?

Where should they go in Pilgrim Introductions or Camino Frances?

Who would do the job DeadFred has been doing here?

If a few people answer this I will move the posts to a new thread so not to derail this topic.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Oh "Dead One"-- you can finally add me to the list. :)

After weeks of wrangling-- I've settled on beginning my camino in SJPDP on September 23rd.

Joe
Hey Joe
I will be starting out of SJPD on 9/26. Bring your Yankees hat and I'll bring my Sox hat and if we meet up, we can show "ALL" are friends on the Camino :)
All the best preparing over the next month. I've found the preparation really exciting. See you in Spain - buen viaje and buen Camino!
Michael (fm Boston).

Thanks to DeadFred for doing this ongoing summary. It's very useful for those of us who are about to start the Camino. Please add @Chrisp who will start on the 25th of August as well.

William I hope someone will pick up on DeadFred's initiative afterwards.

!Buen Camino a todos!

Where do y'all recommend to stay in St Jean? I will be arriving the 27 and staying two nights!
I just booked at the Bielari (private albergue near the Camino office) on 9/25. I understand it recently changed ownership. The new family seems very nice. Price includes breakfast and pilgrim dinner.

Buen Camino.................Michael

Hey Joe
I will be starting out of SJPD on 9/26. Bring your Yankees hat and I'll bring my Sox hat and if we meet up, we can show "ALL" are friends on the Camino :)

I'm sorry that I'll miss you guys as you are a few weeks behind me. Of course, that in itself is symbolic because I'll be wearing my Orioles hat. :D

I'm sorry that I'll miss you guys as you are a few weeks behind me. Of course, that in itself is symbolic because I'll be wearing my Orioles hat. :D
Ha!! Muy bien! I like to Os this year. Will be tough to beat the As with all the pitching though. Have a great Camino Michael!!!!

updated 8/8
August25th -Angelo
August27th - cinimod
August29th- gimpywalker, Cambridge Pilgrim , Tez
August 30th -Smtl(+1)

September 3rd -Dave 2525, ColeenK, Laelia2 Leandra.Scott, Jane Erasmus, June F
September 8th
September 10th
September 18th
September 22nd –jdpigue ,Séamas ÓMuireadhaigh
September 23rd -Silvester, CaptBuddy(Roncsvalles), gmonkey(Burgos?/Leon?), JoeNYC ,onelight
September 27th - Jgun87
September 28th
September 29th- michryan
September 30th-Lockslay
Oct 1st -awakengaime

Hey again, seems the 17th is a little optimistic for me and my friend, since we are not planning to use trains to get from Lourdes to SJPDP because of a low budget. We may have to take buses and/or walk/hitchhike to get to SJPDP. So that may put our start on the 18th/19th. We'll see.

Hey Joe
All the best preparing over the next month. I've found the preparation really exciting. See you in Spain - buen viaje and buen Camino!
Michael (fm Boston).

Michael ... No way, Yankees?.. Phillies always the Phils. Ive been preparing for the last two years and the best excerise I find is the mental one , learning to slow down and put the map away ( as much as possible) . Actually I think my training ground has done me in somewhat with the Ozark Mtns and heat . See you on the trail ... I will be wearing my DeadFred shirt

dead_fred_tshirt.jpg

Hi DeadFred,

I'd love to be added to the list next time you update. I'm leaving September 12 from Pamplona.

(Michael, in my heart I'll be wearing a Sox cap for my dad. On my head, my affiliations are neutral.)

Excited to meet those who overlap with me on the Way!

€149,-
Hey Joe
Michael (fm Boston).

Hi Michael:
I hope to meet up too. The way our teams are playing this year, Giants & Pats hats might be better.

Didn't they meet in the Super Bowl? :)

Team is having a great season. Of course you DO have a former Yanks manager guiding them ...

Buen Camino.

Joe

Hi Michael:
I hope to meet up too. The way our teams are playing this year, Giants & Pats hats might be better.

Team is having a great season. Of course you DO have a former Yanks manager guiding them ...

Buen Camino.

Joe
Go Redsox, go Pats!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Trevorcc, we are staying at Gîte Ultreïa on the 5th September, look for the taLL guy. Wouldn't mind a vino or two.
Hi it looks as though I will miss you as I leave SJPP on the 5th but at my pace you will catch up and that vino will be there Trevor

Well now as I remember there are a few bars along the Camino ... I am picking up my Camino nearabouts where I left off last year, and have met many a friendly face while siting at table outside a bar... Hope to meet many more this year!!

Hi there .... I'm flying to Bilbao on 5th September then bussing to Pamplona ... staying at Corazon Puro for a few nights then starting walking on the 7th, probably from Roncesvalles. I'm planning to walk 10 - 15k a day so very slow ..... can't wait! Cheers, Trish
Hi, Trish. I plan to start Sept. 9 from St Jean. Staying at Corazon Puro Sept. 8. Perhaps we will meet along the way - I'm from Az and am looking forward to meeting other pilgrims, good conversation and cooler weather.
Gretchen

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Hello, Fred. I'll be starting from SJPP on Sept. 9 after spending the night at Corazon Puro. Perhaps we'll meet somewhere along the way :) Gretchen

Hi Northerners
Trevor from the south but I grew up in Qld no doubt I will see you as I am doing a return walk starting on the 5th family still live in Qld, Sunshine Coast. Where are you flying into?
We are flying Bne to Paris on China Southern on 2nd Sept (29hrs). 1 Day in Paris the fly to Biarritz on Easijet & train to SJpDp. We have booked on Airbnb, a place close to CDG Airport.
Be good to catch up. Thinking abt staying @ Bellari in SJPDP but may not book ahead
Cheers
Nigel & Marilyn

Hi Michael:

Actually, I remember better when the Giants met the Ravens in the Superbowl. :D

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We are flying Bne to Paris on China Southern on 2nd Sept (29hrs). 1 Day in Paris the fly to Biarritz on Easijet & train to SJpDp. We have booked on Airbnb, a place close to CDG Airport.
Be good to catch up. Thinking abt staying @ Bellari in SJPDP but may not book ahead
Cheers
Nigel & Marilyn
Cheers, Nigel & Marilyn but where is Bne?
Gretchen

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...
Well, maybe not. My plans are to leave for France on May 4th, stay overnight in Paris, train to St. jean, and begin the Camino! and Thursday I came down with covid. and yes, it did indeed put me...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.