• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

(*Update) September 2019! The countdown chain is getting shorter....

AlexanderAZ

Time of past OR future Camino
2017 (Sept/Oct): CF: SJPdP-->Fisterra-->Muxia (solo)
2019 (late Sept): CF: SJPdP-->Leon (honeymoon!)
I walked CF in September-October of 2017. During that time I decided I wanted to return home and propose to my girlfriend. I also proposed she plan the wedding and I plan the honeymoon. Through a combination of smoke, mirrors, and luck she said yes to all. So, my fiancee (then wife) & I will be starting our Camino Frances honeymoon, part 1 (this year SJPdP to Leon, part 2 in 2020 Leon to Muxia/Finisterre). I'm adding our SJPdP start date of September 28 (which happens to be her 38th birthday...did I plan this well or what??:cool:), to the forum calendar. Are you starting in September? If you'd like to add your start date to the calendar too here are the instructions to do so:

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...to-the-new-camino-calendar.30392/#post-716860

We are very excited and counting down the days...literally. Remember in grade school when you cut out pieces of construction paper and made a "chain link"? Recently, my fiancee and I spent time finishing our "Camino countdown chain". We made a construction paper "link" representing every day until the start of our Camino. Each link is numbered and represents a day. The completed chain is strung around the living room. Each day we wake up and take a link off the chain. There is something psychological to seeing the chain get shorter and shorter. (Makes for heck of a conversation starter for guests too). Right now the chain is so big (181 links) I can't get it all in one photo but this gives you an idea of what I'm trying to describe for those are totally confused: 🤔

IMG_9272.jpg

Buen Camino to all!
- - - -
I couldn't figure out how to upload an updated pic so I just posted in a new post below.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
How exciting!! I love your chain- I can feel butterflies in my own stomach thinking about it getting shorter and shorter, I can only imagine how you feel! So happy that she will be able to experience some Camino magic with you, and what a fantastic honeymoon idea! Buen Camino :)

I know this is from a few months ago but I wanted to share in the excitement! 😁 My husband and I are heading out if AZ on August 14. It's our first time going and I find I can think of little else!

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Update: We got married this past weekend! After the "official photos" we took this one, a nod to our adventurous lifestyle and upcoming Camino honeymoon: 👩‍❤️‍👨

BC.jpg

The countdown chain has 69 links left! This weekend we are going to a local pilgrim's blessing for those departing for a Camino in next few months. Life is good.

Congrats! I'm starting a couple of days before you so maybe we'll meet on the way.

Buen Camino,

Rob.

Update: We got married this past weekend! After the "official photos" we took this one, a nod to our adventurous lifestyle and upcoming Camino honeymoon: 👩‍❤️‍👨

View attachment 61364

The countdown chain has 69 links left! This weekend we are going to a local pilgrim's blessing for those departing for a Camino in next few months. Life is good.
Congrats! Love the photo!

All the best,
Keesha in AZ

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

View attachment 61364

What a lovely photo! Congratulations and buen camino. We will be on the Frances mid-September so will look out for some very formally dressed pilgrims 😂. Read a book about the PCT and there was a hiker that walked in old wedding dresses - hence his trail name “train”.

I read your very original and romantic post last week and immediately decided to book my ticket to St Jean. I was planning October but the flights worked out much cheaper for end of September. This will be my fourth Camino in 13 month's and what I've learned from previous journeys is to follow the signs. The sign for me was the picture of the room you draped your countdown links on. The arch wood paneling reminded me of a scallop shell and the love you obviously have for each other reminded me of the love that permeates throughout the Camino links people to a path of positive intention. Ultreia and I'm sure are paths will cross someday. Thank you for the direction and wish you both congratulations & Ultreia 🙏🤠

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back