• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September Babies!

Anyone else planning to be on the Camino in September? I currently plan to pick up where I left off in May in Logrono on or about September 11, and end at Leon about 14-15 days later.

Buen Camino! :arrow:

Kelly

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm staring from Le Puy on the 11th (probably won't catch you up Kelly :D) and going all the way to SdC. Should be at SJPP by October 11th or so.
Had to get new boots this week though. My old ones died quite suddenly (they were 8 years old). I've been wearing the new ones from the moment I wake up every day and they seem to be coming along well.

Good luck on breaking in your new shoes! :) Remember to tape up your feet everyday (I tape the back of my heels, the balls of my feet & the sides of my big toes--where I get blisters under normal conditions) & you should be okay.

I had an idea: Why don't we pick a day & time to take a photo (like Sept. 20 at noon for example) of ourselves where ever we are. (or the surroundings if you don't want to post a pic of yourself on the net)

I had this idea of collecting the different photos & making a slideshow for the forum, like the YouTube one I made of pics from my last trip. :) Whatcha think?

Kelly

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hello Kelly,

I arrive in SJPP on the 9.34 train on the 5 September hoping to walk to Orrison that afternoon and then got to be in Burgos by the 17th to get train back to Byonne.
So hopefully might meet you around.

I have only brought a silk liner, seen you have done the bit I am going to do do you think that will be ok or is it very cold the start of Sept.

Good luck

Nickie

Plans are to fly into Barcelona on 2 September, then up the Ebro, breaking NW to Huesca, then NNW to San Juan de la Pena, hanging a left on to the Camino Aragonese to Puenta la Reina, then on the main drag until Santiago. ETA at the Apostle's tomb 20 October, but it all depends on my aged knees holding out.

As a peregrino dos paradores, I'll rarely be in the albergues, but you may see me about. I am looking forward to a second look at San Juan de la Pena, and cruising over the meseta-- this time I will not take the wrong turn in front of Castrojeriz which cost me 8km on a very long day.

Minkey said:
Nellas, are you planning to get to Burgos? That'll take about 12 days.
I have not decided how far I go this year. I hope to go 2 or 3 days past Burgos, but time will show...

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi everyone! I've been out of town. I'm still hoping to leave home on Sept 9 & start walking at Logrono on the 11th, possibly the 12th. It should take me 6 days to get to Burgos (I'll be taking my time this time), & then on to Leon. I had wanted to press on to Astorga, but decided it might be a good idea to have a couple of "easy flat" days when I return to finish the Camino next year. :)

I did raise a suggestion that those of us on the Camino take a pic of ourselves or our surroundings on the same day at (or around) the same time, kind of a "snapshot" of a day on the camino. I could then put them all together as a slideshow & post it on YouTube. Does this sound like an idea? :)

I'm taking a lightweight sleeping bag because I have a tendency to get very cold at night & if I'm too cold, I can't sleep. :(

Kelly

Snap shots

What a wonderful idea! Just name the day and I will take photos wherever we may happen to be.
Hugs,

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back