• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

September / October 2009

Time of past OR future Camino
2017 | May | Vezelay Camino.....watch this space!

2010 | September | Camino de Santiago in - completed in full - 33 days - no rest days! Was an awesome experience!!
Hello everyone

Given I'm walking end of September / October this year - I wanted to hear from anyone who walked the Camino at the same time LAST year - to compare weather & track conditions for a bit of a heads up. I know seasons change from year to year but a bit of insight is always handy!! :lol:

Also don't forget to join my CAMINO HEARTBEAT facebook page & check out my donations webpage for my Camino Fund Raising event :D

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 304&v=info

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/camino_heartbeat

Ciao ciao
Jacqui

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Jaquie, Last year we walked from Roncevalles starting on 16th Sept and arrived in Santiago on 23rd October. For me, it was perfect walking weather. Not too hot and not too cold. We had a couple of very hot days, a couple of very heavy storms - which means thick mud afterwards and on our final days, we had a lot of rain. We have also walked the Francés in May/June, starting cool and finishing hot. For walking, I prefer the Autumn, because I don't like to walk under a hot sun! That's my personal opinion. There were a few days last October when I could have done with a pair of gloves early in the morning and one night that I could have done with two extra blankets on top of my sleeping bag. However, not every year is a copy on the year before, so it's very hard to generalize.Anne

I walked from SJPP starting September 3rd and ended up in Santiago around October 3rd of last year. The weather was delightful. Often warm during the day but only a few days of really hot weather. Sunny, clear days but at least seven days of pouring rain--toward the end of September. As the month progressed, the mornings got cooler and cooler--often needed a fleece--"could see my breath" cold. But the days were nice. Weather on the meseta was overcast, coolish and very windy. I cannot imagine doing that walk during the heat and intense sun of summer. Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I walked from SJPdP to Santiago, 2 days behind Portia1 (05Sep-05Oct) and couldn't agree more about the weather being delightful. The first few days were quite hot (35+C) but then as time wore on, the weather balanced out and it was mid 20s. I loved the weather. There were a few rainy days in the mix and towards the end, a more constant rain (to torrential rain the second last day). I was on the meseta on during one of the heavier rains and the track was beyond muddy. It was like 1 step forward and slipping 2 steps back and then of course, the weight of my boots with all that mud! And I wouldn't change any of it for anything!
I am hoping to go back this year but I only have 10 days this time but it will be in September again.
Buen Camino and enjoy it when ever you end up going.
Bill

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thanks everyone :D

Mrbilly - I'm leaving St Jean on 26th September and aim to finish in Santiago during the last week of October - so depending when you walk & where you start etc we may cross paths!!

Am expecting a large portion of rainy weather in my last 2 weeks!! Bring on the MUD lol :lol:

Buen Camino
Jacqui :D

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.