• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

september starter looking for company.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello,

If you start from St Jean you won't be alone for long! I did the Frances last August with my boyfriend, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again on my own. You will soon meet people who get up at the same time as you, walk the same speed and can cover the same distance. This is perhaps a better option than setting off with someone who is mis-matched to you as a walker (i.e too fast, too slow, wants to cover too much or to little distance, etc).

Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
thanks nicole and kelly ,for your words of wisdom i feel good about it overall and am looking foreword to the challange and meeting lots of new friends along the way . :D

Hi,
Don't worry about starting your Camino solo. I can guarantee that you won't be alone for long. I know...trust me...I've walked the Camino five times. People will naturally gravitate toward you and you will form many new friendships along the way. Buen Camino !

Hi lilloby,
I too am starting from St Jean Pied de Port (on 07Sep). You can check the Camino Calendar link below for others starting early September.
Probably see you there!
Bill

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
hi melinda i am going to try starting on the 7 sep.from sjpp,i am so excited and cant wait to meet you all on the camino.My bag is packed its small and light just the bear necessadies ,a sleeping bag takes up most of the bag but i feel its a must what do you all think.? :D

Hi I'm looking for company too, but I'll be walking from Leon in September, but probably quite a lot later than 7th September so maybe we'll be able to meet up. As for a sleeping bag, I just walked from Le puy to Leon from 28th April to 25th June and the one thing I really didn't need was a sleeping bag. I could have managed much better with a silk or cotton liner. Not sure what the temperatures at night will be in September and early October though.

We will be starting the same day since I start on Sept 7th too. A lot of people think it is not necessary to bring a sleeping bag but there were a couple of really uncomfortably cold nights when there were no blankets available so I am bringing one this time.(Actually it is a down throw that is about the size of a sleeping bag but doesn't have a zipper. I am also bringing my silk sleep sack.) I guess it just depends on the places you stay as to whether there are blankets.

See you soon! Not long now.
Melinda

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Jane, I would bring a sleeping bag. When I walked in Sept. 2007, the nights got colder as the month wore on. I spent one incredibly miserable night shivering because I didn't take my bag out of my pack. :)

Kelly

Take a warm enough sleeping bag. Better safe than sorry. You don't have to use it, can open the zipper for ventilation, or even sleep on top of it. But there's to be done if it's cold and you don't have a bag and there aren't any blankets available. Being cold = being miserable!

Hi! I will be starting Sept 11 from SJDP, arriving from Canada on Sept 8 and allowing three days to get over the jet lag. Sounds like we will have lots of company, I still have not figured out the weather, so will plan for the worst and hope for the best!

AJP
Victoria

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
HI fellow pilgrims ,yes its getting very close now and i am very excited ,i wonder how many of you lovely people have the forum pilgrim badge on your backpacks so i can tell you apart from the other pilgrims,it will be nice to put faces on the user names.

Hi lilloby,
If you are still going to try and start from SJPdP on 07Sep, look for me. I will have my pilgrim badge on my pack as well as my Canadian Chapter of Pilgrims badge and probably a small Canadian flag. Perhaps a bit overdone but very excited about starting my Camino!
Perhaps see you there!
Bill

mrbillyto said:
Hi lilloby,
If you are still going to try and start from SJPdP on 07Sep, look for me. I will have my pilgrim badge on my pack as well as my Canadian Chapter of Pilgrims badge and probably a small Canadian flag. Perhaps a bit overdone but very excited about starting my Camino!
Perhaps see you there!
Bill
hi bill, i will have my Irish flag hanging out of my pack,and my forum badge has been sown on to my pack so i am sure we will meet along the way,buen camino.lillian

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I´m jealous of you guys - so many Forum members are going to start walking in September and meet each other on the camino! When I walked in May this year from SJPP to Burgos NOT ONE FORUM MEMBER on the camino so far I could see. So - when next year should I start to meet any Forum member? annie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
anniethenurse said:
I´m jealous of you guys - so many Forum members are going to start walking in September and meet each other on the camino! When I walked in May this year from SJPP to Burgos NOT ONE FORUM MEMBER on the camino so far I could see. So - when next year should I start to meet any Forum member? annie
Maybe you can invite someone to walk it with you? :)

Well, Annie, if I don't get this ticket paid for I might be going next year....grrr....yes, I checked last night after being told in the afternoon that "it went through." So I called the airline when I hadn't received my confirmation email & had to tell my long sad story all over again. The agent tried to get the purchase through several times, but finally told me that they had gotten hold of the credit card company & my charge had been verbally declined. Now they're probably thinking I'm a deadbeat, when in fact, it's my bank's limit on internet charges! :evil: It's not the airline's fault; it's really not my bank's fault. I know why they put a low limit on internet charges & think it's a great idea, but I took the time & effort to go down there yesterday before work & was told it was taken care of for 24 hours & it wasn't. So now I get the distinct pleasure of going down there AGAIN & this time, make the purchase with a bank officer present to make sure it all goes through. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

On the upside (& on topic), the agent asked why I was going to be in Europe for so long, so I told her about the Camino. She was really impressed! :)

Is there a Compostela for going through this much trouble to buy a plane ticket? :|

Kelly

Kelly: I hope you're getting a really good price on this ticket! I know what you mean though about banks and their representatives telling you "everything has been taken care of" only to find out that it HASN'T. I spent three days attempting to get plane and train tickets and many phone calls....all because someone hadn't actually followed through on taking off a foreign charge restriction. It is not making me very confident that if I encounter a problem while in Spain that it will be adequately addressed or even addressed in a timely manner. Good luck! And so the Camino begins with a bit of struggle and testing of our patience and teasing our generosity of spirit.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
LOL Portia! I've not had a problem with getting this particular debit card accepted in Spain; I just have to make sure I'm using the right ATM when I need cash, as they have 2 or 3 different networks, unlike the US where you can just use any ATM. And this is a transaction that's all in USD! :sigh:

Kelly

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back