• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sequel to the movie "The Way"?

gamblerqza

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - Astorga - Santiago de Compostela - Finisterre 2013
Hello guys,

I found an article about shooting of a sequel of "The Way" with Martin Sheen. Does anyone heard is it true or it's just a rumour? It will be interesting who will be their route this time... I tried to found out more info about it online, but with no success. I will be appreciate if someone share something more...

here is the article : http://www.elcorreogallego.es/santi...ecuela/idEdicion-2013-11-22/idNoticia-838486/

BR,
V.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello guys,

I found an article about shooting of a sequel of "The Way" with Martin Sheen. Does anyone heard is it true or it's just a rumour? It will be interesting who will be their route this time... I tried to found out more info about it online, but with no success. I will be appreciate if someone share something more...

here is the article : http://www.elcorreogallego.es/santi...ecuela/idEdicion-2013-11-22/idNoticia-838486/

BR,
V.
Thank you for the link.
" The Way Back " ?

I would be curious to see this. I just re watched the film the other day.

Thanks for posting,

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I saw this information the other day on "The Way the movie" FB page. There is much more, and here is what I cut out for now. Seems like a good idea not to re-hash the Camino. Afterall, the Camino is only the beginning for many of us as well:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=701599823183658&id=149700758373570

"So….To that end and after careful contemplation and consideration, my father Martin, producer David Alexanian and I, have begun to work on “The Way – Chapter 2.” While I am not at liberty to divulge all the details of the film, I can tell you the following:

“The Way – Chapter 2” will not be a sequel as much as it will be a continuation of the journey. We will not retread The Camino de Santiago, but rather, filming will take place throughout Europe and East Asia.

Many from the original cast will reprise their roles for this production. New cast additions will be made and announced as they join us.

We will send updates to The Way Facebook page on our progress as to casting and locations and start dates for production. In addition, I will be sending tweets from my Twitter handle @EMILIOTHEWAY.

Our goal is to fund the film outside of the 310 and 212 area codes and create an alternative film experience for the millions of film fans who have grown weary of CGI effects and thin storylines. People who simply want to see movies they can relate to. People who still believe that the power of cinema begins and ends with good storytelling.

We will be posting on how you can become a member of “Team The Way” and have a meaningful impact on the types of films you’d like to see more of in your multiplexes and your in-home theaters.

Will you join us on this journey?"

Emilio Estevez
Nov. 2013

Keep a smile,
Simeon

It must not be planned for another couple of years. There's nothing on Martin Sheen's IMDB profile that indicates he's scheduled to appear in this film.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back