A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Sermon at the Pilgrim Mass in Santiago

Camino(s) past & future
Sept/Oct 2015
Strange question, but do you remember what the priest said in his sermon during the Pilgrim Mass you attended? If so, can you tell me a little bit about it?

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Frances: St-Jean-PdP - Santiago dC - Muxía - Fisterra (Aug 2017 and March/April 2018)
Strange question, but do you remember what the priest said in his sermon during the Pilgrim Mass you attended? If so, can you tell me a little bit about it?
I was there last week...he spoke with no notes and seemingly off the cuff and from the heart. I have no idea what he said, but I wish I did!

kdespot

Camino(s) past & future
Francés SJPP-SdC Sept-Oct 2016
I speak Spanish. I remember tears streaming down my face as the priest announced the pilgrims that had arrived the day before from various countries and starting points. The numbers. I was sitting there with my Camino family in a moment of exquisite joy. After that, the priest went on in the vein of gratitude... sorry, I don't remember the specifics of the rest... but, being a bit of a cynic, I remember thinking that his sermon was nicely balanced in its message to a varied audience.

Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Sermons sometimes can be inspiring and sometimes plain boring and full of common places.
It all depends on the retoric capacities of the priest.
Last time I attented Mass at Cathedral the sermon was so and so.
The most inspiring sermons I heard were at the Jesuits San Augustin church.

Advertisment

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
I didn’t understand everything though I do speak some Spanish. There was a special moment near the end of the ceremony (just before the Botafumeiro swung) when the priest asked everybody to stand up and say thank you for the warmth and friendship among people from all over the world. And everybody stood up, turned to the people on the left and right and behind, shook hands and said “gracias”. I don’t know if this is ‘normal practice’ but it was an emotional moment and it gave me, and I think everybody else, a good and comforting feeling.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%