Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Services and marking on Camino Verde

Ralph Ayling

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2017
Norte- Primitivo 2019
Frances 2022
I am taking the Verde from Lugo and would like some information on the availability of food and water and the quality of the way marking. Any information would be appreciated.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Did you do the route? Please let me know any feedback. Sadly José Manuel and I were unable to refresh the arrows and the directions last year as his mother was involved in a serious accident. We hope to do so this year.

Yes, we did. The marking was generally good. Sometimes we had to look around a little but it all went well. It’s a beautiful walk.
The only issue was some aggressive free running dogs at a farm on the second day.
Thank you for the work you have done on the route We really appreciate it.
Regards,
Ralph

@Ralph Ayling you're welcome. I know those dogs, yes. The farm with the water trough on the left. I have not heard of them biting though. The farmer is friendly and called them in when I went by. Hopefully with more pilgrims the mutts will chill out a bit.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.