• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Services in the Pilgrims Office in Santiago

cosan

Time of past OR future Camino
july 2016
I completed my Camino last Thursday and went to the Pilgrim Office to collect my Compostela. It was 5pm so I went to the Taize prayer & songs in the chapel. It was beautiful and peaceful and a lovely way to end my Camino. The next morning I returned there at 10am for Camino Reflection. This was led sensitively by a Camino Companion & helped me process my experience. I’m sharing this as I don’t think pilgrims are aware of the services offered by volunteers in the Pilgrim Office. I certainly wasn’t aware before my visit but am so appreciative now.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Didn’t know, indeed. Happy to do so now!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you @cosan for sharing this, I also didn't know about this.

May I ask the virtual yet real community forum if details about a pilgrim are stored on computer as for the credencial?

The security of our e-records is under debate due, for one, about our new health records nationally, so how much data is stored about any pilgrim?
Am not overly concerned but interested. Perhaps it is common place to be asked to show formal travel documents at hotels etc. anyway.

I completed my Camino last Thursday and went to the Pilgrim Office to collect my Compostela. It was 5pm so I went to the Taize prayer & songs in the chapel. It was beautiful and peaceful and a lovely way to end my Camino. The next morning I returned there at 10am for Camino Reflection. This was led sensitively by a Camino Companion & helped me process my experience. I’m sharing this as I don’t think pilgrims are aware of the services offered by volunteers in the Pilgrim Office. I certainly wasn’t aware before my visit but am so appreciative now.

Great piece of information. Thank you! I wish I had known when I arrived in Santiago.

May I ask the virtual yet real community forum if details about a pilgrim are stored on computer as for the credencial?

The security of our e-records is under debate due, for one, about our new health records nationally, so how much data is stored about any pilgrim?
Am not overly concerned but interested. Perhaps it is common place to be asked to show formal travel documents at hotels etc. anyway.

Personally identifying information like names are NEVER collected or retained in any electronic system. ONLY the demographic information provided at the counter is tabulated.

All data policies at the Pigrim Office are scrupulously compliant with relevant EU and Spanish privacy laws. In short, you are anonymous.

I have a background as an analyst and well recognize the issue. You need not have any concerns regarding privacy of data.

I hope this helps.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We discovered the chapel this time, our third. What a blessing!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Personally identifying information like names are NEVER collected or retained in any electronic system. ONLY the demographic information provided at the counter is tabulated.

All data policies at the Pigrim Office are scrupulously compliant with relevant EU and Spanish privacy laws. In short, you are anonymous.

I have a background as an analyst and well recognize the issue. You need not have any concerns regarding privacy of data.

I hope this helps.

Reply; That answers the question, thanks, is reassuring, am glad if its better than the ploys of some social media.

Could you pls advise whether there is a timetable /schedule for the Taize and where is the Chapel?

The chapel is located at the Pilgrim Office at Rua Carreras #33. It is immediately inside the front door, to the left.

The Taize prayer service is conducted by our local Jesuits at 17:00 every day. Days are subject to change. But the time remains constant.

Hope this helps.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
All this info is helpful in preparation hopefully for arriving in Santiago

I visited the Taize prayer service in the chapel of the Pilgrim Office in August - I could not believe there were only about 2 other pilgrims there. It was led by young people, the music and singing were moving and very beautiful. I had never experienced Taize worship before and I found it very accessible.

I attach the poster for it and give two links below. This year it ran from 15 June to 15 August.

20180814_111233.jpg 20180814_111240.jpg

https://jesuits.eu/news/721-welcome-in-compostela
http://iperegrino2015.wixsite.com/peregrinus

I have also updated the resource giving details of the Camino Companions welcome service - new poster uploaded in the Discussion.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back