• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sevilla accommodation

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
Hi - one more question.
For those of you who have walked the VDLP, can you recommend a place to stay in Sevilla before starting out (cheapo)? Are there albergues for peregrinos there?
Thanks.

L

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
When I walked the vdlp last year I booked in at Hotel Simon for 2 nights-mainly to get over jet lag from Australia. It was about 60 euros per night from memory-not cheap but included a continental breakfast. The main advantage, which I didn't know when I booked, was that it's in the same street as the first waymarker that leads out of Seville-very handy!
http://www.hotelsimonsevilla.com
regards
Kevin

There is no albergue in Sevilla yet. I suppose it is because there are many, many cheap hostals. You will be able to find a place no problem - in the Barrio Santa Cruz which is right next to the Cathedral where the route starts there are several like the Hostal Sierpes - try this web site: http://www.sevillehostels.com/ but in my experience if you just arrive and walk around you will find somewhere suitable.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It has been a hideous experience trying to get a place in Sevilla during the April 26th period. Apparently the Spring Fair has overtaken all the hostels in the city of Sevilla!!! We did not know about these celebrations.

In retrospect, ADVICE TO THE WISE: look at the festivals and associated celebrations before you try to book accommodations.

Un saludo

lynne

Lynne you are offering good advice. I didn't know you were planning to be there during the Feria. Sevilla is very busy indeed and prices can be much higher for some things. The same is true further up the line in Zafra where due to the local fair everything is packed for the month of September.

Best wishes for your Camino

John

So, all is well. We found out that friends of our friends in Sevilla are welcoming us with open arms, and so we have cancelled our reservations in the "cockroach motel".

Isn't it so in the spirit of the Camino that these openings of kindness and welcoming appear to us along the way ....

We are in awe of this process and this reality and it reaffirms in us our trust and connection with people....

lynne

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Something a little unusual on the Spanish news websites today. Two pilgrims forced to climb an oak tree to escape from a cow defending her calf. Apparently they called the Guardia Civil from their...
Hello, I am researching the Sanabrés and have discovered that since the AVE construction is complete, this section from Requejo to Padornelo has a new route available along the Requejo River. Our...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back