• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Sevilla first step to Santiago October 14 -lt56ny

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Vasco, Meseta, Portugues Coastal
Hi all you VDLP fans out there!
I will take my first step from the Cathedral in Sevilla on October 14th with my dear friend I met in 2019 on the CF. If it wasn't for this damn virus two of our other friends from Australia would be with us. But they are making the best of things. There is always next year for us. I may even get a surprise appearance from one of our mates here on the Forum, who may switch caminos and join the VDLP. Don't want to say who because he/she/it may want to stay anonymous.
I will try to report as much as possible. Will keep my reporting brief. Mostly about open/closed albergues, conditions and weather, any memorable or really forgettable meals. (I usually eat most dinners in albergues but probably won't be able to this time), pilgrims and if by some chance there are alot or if I will pretty much be alone as my friend and I will probably not walk together that much during the day. The great thing about the 4 of us on the CF was that we all walked our own Caminos. Didn't always see each other every day or stay in the same albergues every night but we always stayed in touch in Whatsapp group chat. Just the way I like it.
If anything else comes up or if anyone has a specific question or suggestion feel free to post it and if I can answer it i will.
Buen Camino all!
P.S. Once again what would I (or any of us do without Laurie (@peregrina2000) who has patiently guided me through the oh so difficult steps of finding the icon for "Live from the Camino". What would this forum be without her??? Or for that matter all our moderators!
Thanks Laurie again and again.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I will take my first step from the Cathedral in Sevilla on October 14th with my dear friend I met in 2019 on the CF. If it wasn't for this damn virus two of our other friends from Australia would be with us. But they are making the best of things. There is always next year for us. I may even get a surprise appearance from one of our mates here on the Forum, who may switch caminos and join the VDLP. Don't want to say who because he/she/it may want to stay anonymous.
I will try to report as much as possible. Will keep my reporting brief. Mostly about open/closed albergues, conditions and weather, any memorable or really forgettable meals. (I usually eat most dinners in albergues but probably won't be able to this time), pilgrims and if by some chance there are alot or if I will pretty much be alone as my friend and I will probably not walk together that much during the day. The great thing about the 4 of us on the CF was that we all walked our own Caminos. Didn't always see each other every day or stay in the same albergues every night but we always stayed in touch in Whatsapp group chat. Just the way I like it.
If anything else comes up or if anyone has a specific question or suggestion feel free to post it and if I can answer it i will.
Buen Camino all!
P.S. Once again what would I (or any of us do without Laurie (@peregrina2000) who has patiently guided me through the oh so difficult steps of finding the icon for "Live from the Camino". What would this forum be without her??? Or for that matter all our moderators!
Hi, I just started from Seville today and posted some info "Sevilla to Caceres or thereabouts " elsewhere here on the forum that might interest you.
Have no idea how or whether I can link that message to here, having only my phone with me, everything is more complicated to post stuff. Sunopo/Susan.

[Edited by moderator to add link to other thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen Camino all!
Whoo hoo! I will be 4 days behind you - setting off on 18/10. I'll def be looking out for your posts as you go along re: open/closed albergues etc. I'm planing on 37 walking days and one rest day in Salamanca - so a few long days along the way - but can't wait!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Whoo hoo! I will be 4 days behind you - setting off on 18/10. I'll def be looking out for your posts as you go along re: open/closed albergues etc. I'm planing on 37 walking days and one rest day in Salamanca - so a few long days along the way - but can't wait!
I have a feeling you will catch up to me sooner rather than later. I am trying to keep everything under about 25K with a rest day or 2 half days every 7 or 8 days.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just wondering why did you abort the Mozarabe? Was it the heat? Injury? Just wondering.
I did make the mistake of starting my Mozarabe hike, in 2016, too early in September. My home is in southern California, US, so I’m acclimated to hot, dry hiking conditions. Yet the first four days going north from Malaga were made very difficult, with the elevation changes, and the 40+ degree C temps! The primary reason I abandoned this hike was on account of a Family emergency, that since has been resolved. The fact that the hike was very challenging made the decision that much easier.

Though my decision was the right one at the time, I felt uneasy too. I was ready to pack my bags for cooler climates, the Family problem helped change my plans.
I experienced a lingering undercurrent of feelings revolving around being a “quitter”. I know, it’s irrational, I can be tough on myself.

I vowed I would take the next opportunity to get back into integrity with myself by tackling, and finishing, another long Camino hike. So, the VdlP in 2018, was an important undertaking. My good friend, and UK hiking companion, Richard Maynard, described our photo in front of the Santiago Cathedral upon our finish, as “Triumphant”. It accurately described my feeling in that moment.

My next Camino adventure is planned for late April 2022. Beginning in Valencia, Richard & I will embark on the Camino de Levante, connecting with the VdlP at Zamora, and continuing onwards via the Sanabres variant into Santago. About 1100 kms all together.
Greg

Just took my antigen test and got results. Negative thankfully. Went on the SPTH app. Pretty easy and I received my QR code almost instantaneously.
Off to the airport in a couple of hours. Getting close!
Hi there @lt56ny
Did you reach Santiago yet ? I hope all is well with you.

Buen camino
Annie.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back