• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Seville airport bus.

Linda bicigrina

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino St Francis 2014. Cycle
VdP May 2019. cycle
I will be arriving into Seville airport on 22/5/19 to start the VdlP. Can anyone tell me if the Seville airport bus will transport bicycles. If so do they need to be packaged as for airline transport?
Linda bicigrina

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Living in Seville I have never seen anyone get off the EA bus with a bike. Never. Which runs from the airport to center of city. Making few stops at train station and bus stations. But not saying such is not possible.

I know of many to assemble their bikes at the airport and ride into Seville. The airport is approximately 5 - 6 miles from center. Depending where you ride the EA bus to.

Seville is a great city for biking.

I will ask and post later results of inquiry

If riding into Seville from airport, much easier to move over to the Seville Este / alocosa area then get in green dedicated bike paths in.

Living in Seville I have never seen anyone get off the EA bus with a bike. Never. Which runs from the airport to center of city. Making few stops at train station and bus stations. But not saying such is not possible.

I know of many to assemble their bikes at the airport and ride into Seville. The airport is approximately 5 - 6 miles from center. Depending where you ride the EA bus to.

Seville is a great city for biking.

I will ask and post later results of inquiry

If riding into Seville from airport, much easier to move over to the Seville Este / alocosa area then get in green dedicated bike paths in.
Thank you Marty. I would just like to save some time as I land at 10.30 am and would like to call in at the Cathedral and also visit Italica before spending the night at Guillena. If I cannot take my bike would you be able to give me directions on to the cycle route please.
Linda Bicigrina

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Linda I asked Spanish friends today about bike on the EA bus. All them told me never seen bikes on bus. And don’t think they are permitted on the EA

When I see the EA stopping at Prado (closest stop for San Sebastián bus Station) I never seen out side bike rack on front of the bus.
Or a one get off bus with bike.
It does get crowded at times when flights arrive.
Possibly you may have to wait on the next bus(buses) to put bike on.
Speaking of bikes on buses in Seville, I have never seen bikes on, or in, the city buses either.
I will post link to bike paths in Seville. They are all over the city. Green dedicated bike paths.

Seeing time you arrive and what you want to do, time wise you can do it. But will be bit of a rush.

Why not stay first night (I.e. at Hotel Simon or Tirana Backpackers).

If you don’t bike the Plata, then will have to catch bus from Plaza de Armas to italica and back to Seville.

Switching/ crossing over to Seville Este area will get you away from the crazy heavy traffic from the airport.

Go to Seville Bike Map - maplets...

Tap on first map

You will see ALCOSA area by San Pablo Airport.
You will see green bike routes.
It is a very short ride from front of air terminal to ALCOSA area. To pick up bike path system.

You may have to ask people how to get over to ALCOSA — Seville Este — from main road from airport.

I know there is a side road / dirt road from the airport running almost parallel to the VERY busy highway from the airport. It is safer.
Be very careful on the busy highway.
That is why I suggest switching over to ALCOSA area for good bike path system. Which connects into over 900 bike paths in around Seville

By later today I should have answers about the EA bus from airport to center

Linda searched this page about getting bike from airport to Seville center.
I found post with one comment.
Saying basically what I previously told you:
Ride parallel dirt road (parallel to busy highway) then hook up with the green city bike paths.
Not a long ride from airport to ALCOSA area.

It was also mentioned that NO bikes on the airport EA bus.

One person left their bike cardboard bike box at airport. Hoping would be there when returned. Was gone.

All of my Spanish friends say no bikes on the EA

Good Seville web page is exploreseville.com
Has everything you need for Seville

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My 2 friends and I all travelled with our bikes on the bus in may 2016 to the centre as I read the road is very dangerous. We assembled them before getting on the bus. goidluck.

My 2 friends and I all travelled with our bikes on the bus in may 2016 to the centre as I read the road is very dangerous. We assembled them before getting on the bus. goidluck.
You got bikes on the EA bus?

The dirt road runs parallel to the big busy highway.
Then two or less miles pick up the green bike trail system.

Go to Seville Bike Map - maplets...

Tap on first map

You will see ALCOSA area by San Pablo Airport.
You will see green bike routes.
It is a very short ride from front of air terminal to ALCOSA area. To pick up bike path system.

You may have to ask people how to get over to ALCOSA — Seville Este — from main road from airport.

I know there is a side road / dirt road from the airport running almost parallel to the VERY busy highway from the airport. It is safer.
Be very careful on the busy highway.
That is why I suggest switching over to ALCOSA area for good bike path system. Which connects into over 900 bike paths in around Seville

By later today I should have answers about the EA bus from airport to center
Thank you Marty I have found the map section and plotted my route. I have also found maps.me which has helped and I now feel safer about cycling to the Cathedral. Linda Bicigrina

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thanks ,makingtrax, when I was in Bilboa my friend and I had a similar situation, we were told cycles were allowed at the drivers descretion. The first driver said no, but the next bus driver was fine with the bikes made up. Linda bicigrina

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back