• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Seville Feria

sulu

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
a few since 2010
I notice a lot has been said about Easter and Holy Week and most people who have posted seem to be starting straight after Easter. For anyone thinking of starting later in April it is worth remembering that the Seville Feria, one of the most important week of festivities in the Seville calendar, is another week when Seville will be heaving with people and the hotels may be full. The dates this year are 24th to 29th April.
Sue

A selection of Camino Jewellery
sulu said:
I notice a lot has been said about Easter and Holy Week and most people who have posted seem to be starting straight after Easter. For anyone thinking of starting later in April it is worth remembering that the Seville Feria, one of the most important week of festivities in the Seville calendar, is another week when Seville will be heaving with people and the hotels may be full. The dates this year are 24th to 29th April.
Sue

The Feria is also a time when prices soar - if this is a consideration ask in advance about the cost of taxis etc.

Well, I was in Sevilla in the Feria 2011...
I was sitting outsIde a bar in Sevilla when a beautifully dressed couple sat down next to me: Truly a Spanish dressed lady, and the man equally dressed elegantly. I asked them why this eleganse? They were very polite and actually invited me to their private feria tent: 1 of more than 1.000 in Sevilla. They taught me to dance the flamenco and everything: I really love the Spanish people; they are beautiful, and I am looking forward to do my last part of the via de la plata this April/May!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Alexwalker I am green with envy, you were so lucky!
Did dancing flamenco help the walk afterwards!! :)

Yes, it helped a lot: I was surrounded by Spanyards, and they were all so pleased with me being a pilgrin, all the way to Santiago: Also since I was able to speak rudimentaqry Spanish end enjoy with those good people! I receved soo much respect and friendliness just for being a pilgrim in Spain: It was a wonderful evening, togetether with beautiful Spanish friends! A truly lovely evening with beautiful Spanish people. it was such a good and friendly evenening with great Spanish people!!!
Such warm, friendly and welcoming people iN SPAIN!

I know. This post was begun 10 years ago. I do not want to start a new thread for a once-off update. I have just been speaking with a resident of Torre Blanca, and she is so excited about the approaching Holy Week celebrations. It is raining there this morning. There are 55 Confraternities, at least. Each of them will head out during Holy Week, and many local people will join in the processions. A kind of religious practice that is not common outside of Latin influenced cultures, I think.
I did have one experience of that in Bilbao 20 years ago, but I understand Seville and Andalusia in general is where to experience that par excellence. Those who will be there, soak it all up.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back