• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Seville start tomorrow - April 8, 2022!

maruska89

Mary C.
Time of past OR future Camino
Porto to SdC-Sept 2017
Camino Frances-Apr/May 2019
Hello all. I am finally going to be starting my Camino from Seville tomorrow. I arrived on Tuesday and have been taking in the sights of this wonderful city. Today I hope to find some trekking poles and to visit the Camino office for any advice re: starting out. If anyone who is here wants to meet for a Cafe or vino let me know.

Attachments

• 20220406_152734.jpg
    20220406_152734.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 20220406_151835.jpg
    20220406_151835.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 20220406_143114.jpg
    20220406_143114.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 24
  • 20220406_140133.jpg
    20220406_140133.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • 20220406_123853.jpg
    20220406_123853.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20220406-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20220406-WA0001.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • 20220406_173446.jpg
    20220406_173446.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 20220406_184907.jpg
    20220406_184907.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • 20220406_203757.jpg
    20220406_203757.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Have a great camino. Check the weather every day for temperatures. If it is hot I would recommend 3 liters of water, buy food too. I am sure you know that there are lots of stages with nothing from morning until night. Freeze a couple of liters of water to keep your food fresh. If you encounter rainy days you might be getting your feet wet as there are lots of little gullies early on. Nothing that will wash you away haha. Enjoy the pigs and the few zillion olive trees! It will be a very different experience. Plan ahead every day so you know how far you need to go, water and food. Make sure the albergue you want to stay in is open.
Buen Camino pilgrim.
P.S. Hope the Camino office gives you good information. They were really nice when I was there in October but didn't have any information I didn't really know about already. Gronze.com does an excellent job of keeping up to date on albergues that are open/closed.

Have a great camino. Check the weather every day for temperatures. If it is hot I would recommend 3 liters of water, buy food too. I am sure you know that there are lots of stages with nothing from morning until night. Freeze a couple of liters of water to keep your food fresh. If you encounter rainy days you might be getting your feet wet as there are lots of little gullies early on. Nothing that will wash you away haha. Enjoy the pigs and the few zillion olive trees! It will be a very different experience. Plan ahead every day so you know how far you need to go, water and food. Make sure the albergue you want to stay in is open.
Buen Camino pilgrim.
P.S. Hope the Camino office gives you good information. They were really nice when I was there in October but didn't have any information I didn't really know about already. Gronze.com does an excellent job of keeping up to date on albergues that are open/closed.
Thank you so much for the reminders about food and water. I went to the pilgrims office but they were closed until 7pm. I also checked out a sporting store as I needed to buy poles....sadly it was only running apparel they had. So I trekked to the decathlon store in Camas as the one in the Centro didn't have poles I liked, and no collapsing ones. I found some in Camas and also saw my first Camino arrows! So off I go tomorrow.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello all. I am finally going to be starting my Camino from Seville tomorrow. I arrived on Tuesday and have been taking in the sights of this wonderful city. Today I hope to find some trekking poles and to visit the Camino office for any advice re: starting out. If anyone who is here wants to meet for a Cafe or vino let me know.
We are here as well, at Triana Hostel, and starting out at about 7:00 in the morning. We could be at the end of Triana bridge at that time if you want to walk together. Plan is to take River Route to Santiponce. How will we know you?

We are here as well, at Triana Hostel, and starting out at about 7:00 in the morning. We could be at the end of Triana bridge at that time if you want to walk together. Plan is to take River Route to Santiponce. How will we know you?
Hello! Unfortunately I did not get that early of a start...was up late, couldn't sleep. I have a green pack. I'm debating which route to take from Seville and will decide once I get there. Hope to meet up tonight. Are you staying in Guillena? I will be at the Alb. Luz. Maybe we'll meet up. Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello! Unfortunately I did not get that early of a start...was up late, couldn't sleep. I have a green pack. I'm debating which route to take from Seville and will decide once I get there. Hope to meet up tonight. Are you staying in Guillena? I will be at the Alb. Luz. Maybe we'll meet up. Buen Camino.
The Hospitalario is a piece of work. I loved him. Nice albergue

Thank you so much for the reminders about food and water. I went to the pilgrims office but they were closed until 7pm. I also checked out a sporting store as I needed to buy poles....sadly it was only running apparel they had. So I trekked to the decathlon store in Camas as the one in the Centro didn't have poles I liked, and no collapsing ones. I found some in Camas and also saw my first Camino arrows! So off I go tomorrow.
If you want any more information please PM me and maybe I can be of some help.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back