• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Seville Starting Plaque/Point Location?

ManShootsSnaps

Time of past OR future Camino
VDLP (Spring2020)
I spent a week in Seville late Summer and at that time wasnt even contemplating walking a Camino ... I did however recall seeing a couple of Brass Shell Markers in the vicinity of the Cathedral but cannot recall exactly where ... Does anyone have exact location ( yes Im vain and want to take a selfie at the start of my journey 😀)

Also, where and who should I speak to at the Cathedral to get my Credential stamped ??
Will be there around mid afternoon ( late April 20)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The cathedral is indeed the official starting point and the nearby tourist office can give you a map to find your way out of town easier. For a stamp, just go to the main entrance and wave your credencial at any person that looks official and smile. They will take you to the 'stamp place'.
BC SY

Thanks for your Ha... How did you know that my whole method of communicating effectively is through Waving & Smiling ? 😀

Im going to be using the Windy App for GPS route .. and funnily enough, my wife and I walked across the bridge out towards Triana whilst we were there.

Im raking my (small) brain to recall exactly where I saw this Brass Plaque though, perhaps some other VDLP veterans might know ??

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm pretty sure I saw one on the eastern side of the Puente de Isabel II, pointing west. There's certainly a blue and yellow Compostella sign on the wall of the BBVA bank at the entrance to Calle St Jorge, off Plaza del Altozano.

When I walked the Vdlp in 2009, I was told that the first arrow was right across the street from the cathedral. There is a picture of that tile in my pictures. I am unable to figure out how to upload just one picture to the forum from that archive website, but here is the link and the picture is in the 7th row of pictures. It also shows the street name, Garcia de Vinuesa.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
When I walked the Vdlp in 2009, I was told that the first arrow was right across the street from the cathedral. There is a picture of that tile in my pictures. I am unable to figure out how to upload just one picture to the forum from that archive website, but here is the link and the picture is in the 7th row of pictures. It also shows the street name, Garcia de Vinuesa.

I took a screenshot for you ;-) Here it is, BC SYScreenshot_2020-01-16 Album Archive.png

Brilliant ! Thanks ... looks like i have my target 👍

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is one before the one at the end of García de Vinuesa. It is, however, high up, on the wall right opposite the main door of the Cathedral, so it's the nearest to the beginning of the Camino. Good luck climbing up to it though.

Attachments

• IMG_20191125_094829.jpg
    IMG_20191125_094829.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back