• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sew on Patches for rucksacks - where to find them?

artworkerben

Hi all,

I've just finished 18 days (15th July - 1st August / arrived Santiago 31st July) on the Camino del Norte - what a wonderful, exhilarating experience, when can I do it again?! - and was wondering if anyone knows where to get a sew on patch for the Camino.

I looked in Santiago but struggled to find any and I would love to have a memento of my time in Spain for my trusty rucksack, so any feedback would be appreciated. I've done a quick google hunt but to no avail - lots of dead links out there. I saw a few examples on rucksacks on The Way and assumed they would be easy to find in Santiago, but alas! I could find none.

Best wishes, hello to everyone I met (a wonderful bunch of people) and Buen Camino to all!

Ben

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
This one you can get in this forum. Contact Ivar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344439167.724620.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344439167.724620.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,993
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
A little shop on Rúa de Villar, almost opposite pilgrims Office had sew on badges with the Cathedral on.
Will photopraph ours and edit it in later.

il_570xN.605390914_l86a.jpg
Hi all,

...was wondering if anyone knows where to get a sew on patch for the Camino.

I looked in Santiago but struggled to find any and I would love to have a memento of my time in Spain for my trusty rucksack..

Ben
Some great patches and keepsakes are available on Etsy.com. Check out https://www.etsy.com/shop/baubletjes

Last edited:
I have also used patch quartermaster and they do a great job for a very reasonable price

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I too bought one from quartermaster it is my favorite, bright and pretty.
The owner was a delight to work with and was passionate about the Camino.

Here, finally, are the photos of our sew on badges from Santiago. We both have one on our packs. We think they came from either Bazaar de Villar (nos 12 & 13) or Botofumeiro (no1) - both on Rúa do Villar.

Attachments

• DSCF5687.JPG
    DSCF5687.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • DSCF5686.JPG
    DSCF5686.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.