• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sewing the "forum" patch on my backpack!

justbnow

Only you all would understand the significance of this moment! I have loved being a member of this forum, as it has taught me much about the spirit and adventure of this pilgrimage. I leave in two weeks, and will be in St Jean on June 11! I am a 6 ft tall blonde empty nester with a bright orange Swiss gear backpack (that is probably far to full.... working on that!) And the patch is on.... I am ready to go! (first camino) Thank you all who helped me get a map for the old folks I work with... they are probably as excited as I am. I showed them the movie "The Way" this past week.. and hung a 2ft by 3ft map... so they can track my progress.
I hope the anxiety I'm feeling is normal :shock: it must be!
Buen Camino....
See you on 'the way'
Brenda in Santa Barbara

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Brenda,

What a sweet post and very nice of you to acknowledge the assistance you have received from the incredible contributors of this forum. Like you, every day I learn something new here.

The anxiety is all part of the experience. Let the Camino provide. I am smiling for you.

May you have all you desire on your journey.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

Cast all your expectations and pre-conceived ideas aside.
Just let the Camino be.
It will thrill you, exhaust you, challenge you, bore you, teach you, test you, and so much more.

As for your pack, at this time of year, I'd get by with the clothes I'm wearing, and one change of clothes.

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
All the best Brenda. Isn't it wonderful how your journey is going to add richness to the lives of so many - not counting those you meet along the way! Make sure you send your weekly emails to this forum :wink:

Hey Brenda!

I'm arriving in St. Jean from Biarritz on the 11th of June also! Staying in the L’Esprit du Chemin hostel that night, then setting off for the Refuge Orisson the next morning - I might see you along the Way!

I too share your sentiments about the forum. I officially signed up a little over a year ago - the wealth of information on here and the generosity of those who share their knowledge and their experiences on the Camino is just incredible! I've never needed to post any of the hundreds of questions I had on here simply because every question I had and continue to have has already been posted, and commented on, and in many cases discussed in great detail - I am forever using that "Search Forum" function LOL! And so far, it's done me well in answering all my questions and queries! After my Camino I hope to share what I learned along the way, and like all the other great members on here contribute to the forum as best as I can! For that reason I too have sown the pilgrim badge on to my backback - and wear it proudly!

Glad I'm not alone in feeling anxious, but I must admit I'm excited at the same time!

Hi Brenda,
Yes, I am just as excited. I am going to sew the Forum Patch on my rucksack this afternoon. I am just a day behind you - staying at L'Espirit du Chemin on the night of 12th June, so, you never know, our paths may cross.
This forum is brilliant - everything you need to know. I found out about the double layered socks here and bought some. I tried them out yesterday and they are great.
Buen Camino,
Brendan, from Spinkhill, England

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey Brendan,

Our paths might also cross along the Way, as I'm also only a day ahead of you while spenting my second night in Orisson.

I also tried on my new socks yesterday LOL! I opted for the 1000 mile Fusion socks, and they seem to be treating me well.

Buen Camino!

Find me! :D i will be staying in St. Jean 2 nights to rest and then start up over the hill to Orisson on the morning of the 13th... whether we start on the same day... or a day on either side, I'm sure the patch will lead us to one another!
Buen Camino...
Brenda

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
justbnow said:
Find me! :D i will be staying in St. Jean 2 nights to rest and then start up over the hill to Orisson on the morning of the 13th... whether we start on the same day... or a day on either side, I'm sure the patch will lead us to one another!
Buen Camino...
Brenda

Look forward to seeing you. Tony and I are staying at L'Esprit du Chemin on 12th and at Orisson on 13th.
Buen Camino
Brendan

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back