• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sexism in outdoor clothing

Ungawawa

Time of past OR future Camino
2017-20: Francés, Norte, Francés, Portuguese Lisbon Coastal, Portuguese central
My tongue-in-cheek rant for today is the rotten sexism in outdoor clothing design. Look at womens coats, hiking socks, trousers, hiking shoes and you'll see a beautiful array of interesting colours and designs. Pieces of clothing which are not only practical but look elegant, smart and interesting too.

Now walk across to the men's section and bathe in the panoply of dismal beiges, greys and olives, with no alternatives. It's frankly awful. You come away dressed like a dowdy farmer.

Whenever I can find stuff that fits me well, I go for the women's designs! The only problem is that most of the companies feel obliged to put some streak of pink or duck-egg blue into everything designed for a woman, which can look absurd on me.

I can't help thinking there'd be a real gap in the market for some non-beige or olive men's outdoor clothing, and perhaps too for women's designs that don't all feature a stripe of pink or duck-egg blue!!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I always end up buying t-shirts in the men's section because 1) they have real sleeves 2) they dont get "glued" to my breasts, waist and hips 3) they come is dark (black 😍) colors instead of white, pink, purple, etc 4) they are usually cheaper

The grass is always greener on the other side 😃

The struggle is real! :D

Many fellow pilgrims/hiking companions have pointed out to me that much of my hiking clothing is black/dark colored - because I really don't like the pastel colors/pink/purple/baby blue options usually available for women! And the only other option often is black! Thus: black rain jacket, black longsleeve, black fleece jacket.... I always glance jealously at the men's section with the olive/dark blue/dark red/beige options ;)

One of my winter jackets is actually also a male version since the female versions were all very short cutted/body tight fitted which is really not practical... Ahh!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Look at womens coats, hiking socks, trousers, hiking shoes and you'll see a beautiful array of interesting colours and designs. Pieces of clothing which are not only practical but look elegant, smart and interesting too.
I wear a KILT when walking 😏
Beaten out but I'm adding look for threads on kilts.

My tongue-in-cheek rant for today is the rotten sexism in outdoor clothing design. Look at womens coats, hiking socks, trousers, hiking shoes and you'll see a beautiful array of interesting colours and designs. Pieces of clothing which are not only practical but look elegant, smart and interesting too.

Now walk across to the men's section and bathe in the panoply of dismal beiges, greys and olives, with no alternatives. It's frankly awful. You come away dressed like a dowdy farmer.

Whenever I can find stuff that fits me well, I go for the women's designs! The only problem is that most of the companies feel obliged to put some streak of pink or duck-egg blue into everything designed for a woman, which can look absurd on me.

I can't help thinking there'd be a real gap in the market for some non-beige or olive men's outdoor clothing, and perhaps too for women's designs that don't all feature a stripe of pink or duck-egg blue!!

Oh, GAWD NO!!!!! I will keep my tans and grays and olive drabs. . . I do not want to walk around looking like some deranged and mutated Easter Egg. :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Men's generally have better pockets, better sleeves, and better overall fit if you're not a skinny little thing. More chance of belt loops, key rings, loose fit, and sturdy seams as well. Much more important to me than the color, though I agree the women's clothes are often more festive. My Camino clothes:

Men's: Quick-dry T, Merino T, running shorts
Women's: 2 pr. quick-dry pants, 3 pr. Ex Officio underwear, silk tank top, 2 pr. sock liners, 2 pr. socks
Unisex: 2 Ex Officio bandanas, cap, Coolmax long sleeved shirt with hood

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Oh boy, try buying cycling gear if you're a woman 🤣. You either have to try on men's clothing, or order online - and then you're probably going to find they only have your size in XXXL - simply because they expect all women cyclists to be tiny and very thin :rolleyes:.

I had this experience with wetsuits when I went kayaking in Antarctica--I am short but needed an XXL simply because I have hips.

Oh, GAWD NO!!!!! I will keep my tans and grays and olive drabs. . . I do not want to walk around looking like some deranged and mutated Easter Egg. :)
Maybe, just maybe, there's some middle ground there between drab and gaudy.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am female and love to wear a 'pop' of color for my t-shirts. I love cap sleeves and think they are more feminine looking, which I personally prefer. I pair the color wth either black, gray or tan pants, capris, shorts, or a hiking skirt...depending on the season.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Haha, @dougfitz - spot on! The 'one leg length fits all' is one of the reasons I started walking in skirt+tights instead, as I can vary the type and length of tights I put underneath - long merino, short cycle shorts etc. My all time favourite walking trousers died in Santiago this year and I dread looking for new ones. Skirts are so much more versatile. I do love a spot of pink though, it brightens things up because most of my kit tends to be grey or black. And don't get me started on the limited size ranges in women's outdoor wear ...

Bivouac, the NZ hiking chain, has hardly any pink in the women's section and a gorgeous mix of colours in both. They have the same brands as everyone else, just that the buyers are a little more in touch with their clients.
I'm a big fan of Paramo clothing. The men's range has a great mix of colours. This year's women's range is a bit more stereotypical unfortunately but the design is superb if pricey.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I have several more beefs with women's outdoor gear. I once had to buy a pair of skiis with flowers on them! Who wants to buy skiis with flowers on them for Pete's sake? Don't they know it's winter? And the second and absolute WORST is hip hugger hiking pants that ride below the waist strap of your pack! Guys, just try THAT one! Thank God the style is slowly changing! Maybe I'll take up skirts. And cap sleeves are an underarm chafing nightmare from shoulder straps on bare skin.

Last edited:
Gaah, the cap sleeves! I get chafing sores from the clips on the backpack shoulder straps so now I tend to walk in a thin merino longsleeve top, so I can push the sleeves up to the elbow, or a sun protective shirt just to avoid rubbing.
I have a suggestion that may help your issue. If we’re you I would PM Davebugg. I am sure you have
probably seen his posts.
If there is a better way to solve your issue the person who l knows would most certainly be Dave. A more knowledgeable, warm and generous Pilgrim is hard to find on this forum.

Dowdy does me.
Few male pilgrims are Beau Brummels.

Last edited:
@lt56ny Thanks for the suggestion, and yes I agree with you that @davebugg is a very knowledgeable and helpful pilgrim - he also invented the term 'emergency camino', for which I am eternally grateful! - but the solution is simple: I just avoid cap sleeves. They look great in everyday life at home, but for walking I take longer sleeve tops or just normal T-shirts which have more coverage and stop the rubbing.

Look at womens coats, hiking socks, trousers, hiking shoes and you'll see a beautiful array of interesting colours and designs. Pieces of clothing which are not only practical but look elegant, smart and interesting too.

Yes, there is no need for that.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

In my area most of the stores carry very dark hiking clothes, which is fine for hiking in heavily wood areas here were you are rarely in the sun, but would be very hot walking across the meseta during the summer. At least for shirts I've started wearing fishing shirts such as the ones Columbia makes. They provide sun protection, are quick dry, and come in many colors.

It's funny, because I feel the exact opposite! Go into an REI in the winter and try to find ski clothes. The women's racks have Lovely swirls and colors, but not the warmth and insulation offered by stuff on the men's side. This past winter I spent half my time in the men's department looking for stuff that fit me!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Spent my whole working life in jeans everyday. Brand new REI Sahara hiking pants for Camino >> one fall and holes in both knees.🤔 Drafting my Nike running pants for the Camino, XXL to get legs long enough.😉

Spent my whole working life in jeans everyday. Brand new REI Sahara hiking pants for Camino >> one fall and holes in both knees.🤔 Drafting my Nike running pants for the Camino, XXL to get legs long enough.😉
I spent much of my youth and adult life in jeans and always loved them. However, since I retired and switched most of my daily wear to athletic clothing, when I now wear a pair of jeans they feel very constrictive, kind of like being in a "straight jacket"! 😅

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I spent much of my youth and adult life in jeans and always loved them. However, since I retired and switched most of my daily wear to athletic clothing, when I now wear a pair of jeans they feel very constrictive, kind of like being in a "straight jacket"! 😅

Ya, whoda thought “hiking pants” would be so flimsy. Thought running shorts would be out of the question for respectful reasons til I watched videos of Camino walkers in them. Just throw running pants over to go into churches. 👌

You do realise that you are all nuts, but I must confess this post and the replies have made me laugh all day. Thanks all:D:D
I'm glad we could all be of assistance to giving you a good laugh today, Landon...now if you share your insights or opinions, maybe we will be so lucky and yours will give us all a good laugh, too!
"Laughter is the best medicine"! 😂

€60,-
Ah, well I am a bit boring really and like my Olive and Beige. The most colourful thing I wear are my red detailed with yellow heel Karrimor Ksb Shoes.
I initially bought the peach and sky blue ones because they were cheaper but when my girlfriend told me that she really liked them, well they had to go back :) I do however like a good T-shirt and have bought a few for my Camino in a couple of weeks, my favourite being my St Helen of the Blessed Shroud Blues Brothers T-shirt.
The one thing I do know from this site is that with socks it has got to be red ones;);)

Ah, well I am a bit boring really and like my Olive and Beige. The most colourful thing I wear are my red detailed with yellow heel Karrimor Ksb Shoes.
View attachment 58053
I initially bought the peach and sky blue ones because they were cheaper but when my girlfriend told me that she really liked them, well they had to go back :) I do however like a good T-shirt and have bought a few for my Camino in a couple of weeks, my favourite being my St Helen of the Blessed Shroud Blues Brothers T-shirt.
View attachment 58054
The one thing I do know from this site is that with socks it has got to be red ones;);)
Well, you just made me laugh! Your shoes are quite colorful and your tshirt logo quite interesting...but your mention of red socks is what really got me smiling. In case you do not know, I am an addict on the "Not Serious" thread and red socks rule!😉

Last edited:

I only shop at 2nd hand shops and alter my own choices. Gortex men's ski pants sized down, legs tapered fit fantastic, look great, rain repellent and when I donate this we all get a great deal for 7 Eu....

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Dont get me started on womens hiking clothes. This September I'm taking my husband and my grandson with me to Spain. They had nothing in the way of hiking gear, absolutely nothing - so I have had to buy them everything. 13 year who hates shopping, is pretty happy to go shopping when he know its for him.
I started in Feb buying their stuff as the sales occur. So now they are sorted. And they love their gear, put it on and prance around the house in it.
I on the other hand cant find what I want - light coloured shorts with decent pockets.
I have been to every outdoor shop - I think I will have to buy mens, and then get them adjusted so they fit me. Makes me cross - yes I can buy skin tight, tiny pockets, calf length or really short. But no decent shorts.
It annoys me to have to buy something and then spend heaps having them altered.
Luckily I have everything else - although clearly I will look like a scruff in my old gear, whilst they are in their new shiny stuff.

I found a lot of my Camino clothing, here in the US, at thrift stores and on EBay. I love paying only $4 each for several quick drying shirts both long and short sleeve. I would try them all out on my practice walks and then narrowed down to the two lightest weight ones. I stumbled onto REI Sahara convertible pants for only $7 at a thrift shop and loved them so much I have found a couple more on EBay for only $15 each. New they are $80. I also found a great down vest that has been perfect for $5. And a rain jacket for $8. You do have to be patient and shop several stores multiple times but I found it worth the effort.

€149,-
Meanwhile, talking about sexism in outdoor clothing, I am confronted by the KNOBBY Undie Club Ad inserted between posts.

Any guy wearing these in an alburgue is likely to be a hit for sure! :D

Then when people ask "How are you"?

I can truthfully reply "I'm well anchored thanks" 🤣😂

Gaah, the cap sleeves! I get chafing sores from the clips on the backpack shoulder straps so now I tend to walk in a thin merino longsleeve top, so I can push the sleeves up to the elbow, or a sun protective shirt just to avoid rubbing.

Um, how do you get underarm chafing from straps that are over your shoulder? Maybe it's just normal friction of movement that causes the chafing? (Don't get me started on sweat-soaked cotton thread on crotch seams of shorts and pants! 😭 that can get so bad there is bleeding. But I think it's just normal motion of the "chubs" combined with the friction of cotton-blend sewing thread in serged seams.)

best to all

Ah if only they sold compatible-fabric patches you could add to fix that problem!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Let's not even start on the plastic flower on Deuter women's backpacks.

Heh. It's removable. Seems to be a new use of a decorated ponytail liga. Without the flower, one can concentrate on adjusting the back length to fit right!

Um, how do you get underarm chafing from straps that are over your shoulder? Maybe it's just normal friction of movement that causes the chafing? (Don't get me started on sweat-soaked cotton thread on crotch seams of shorts and pants! 😭 that can get so bad there is bleeding. But I think it's just normal motion of the "chubs" combined with the friction of cotton-blend sewing thread in serged seams.)

best to all
Normal length short sleeves are fine to stop pack straps chafing, cap sleeves sre terrible. I can only assume the people who design them have never walked with a pack

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Um, how do you get underarm chafing from straps that are over your shoulder?
Normal length short sleeves are fine to stop pack straps chafing, cap sleeves sre terrible. I can only assume the people who design them have never walked with a pack
😄 And I can only assume that @Texas Walker has never walked with cap sleeves while wearing a pack.

That's it - I'm now going with the red calf compression sleeves rather than the dowdy black ones !!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
As I delved into my clothes dry bag this morning I promised myself not to bring so many black items next Camino. Black vest, black leggings, black shorts, black buff, black shorts and black socks. No wonder I have to pull everything out to find anything. Next Camino is a multi coloured one and even if I do look like a mobile rainbow I'll be out the albergue door in double quick time.

Ironic that I often find better technical specs in Men's clothing that are not available in Women's versions. 😄
Oh yes. But it's even worse than that, women's kit assumes that all women should be very slender, those of us who are chunkier in build have real problems because a lot of it is only made in small sizes while men's kit usually covers a much wider range of sizes. No it isn't always possible just to buy a man's item sleeves are far too long apart from anything else. And pockets in women's garments are freqently too small and too shallow to be of practical use, I even once returned a high end waterproof mountain jacket becuase they had simply scaled everything down in length supposedly to fit women and had not thought about it so the map pocket was too small to take an ordinary walking map.

Even bicycles suffer from it, several of the serious bike manufacturers only offer the smaller frames in the lower spec and with bottom end accessories, and the essential pink or pale blue colour range.

As for pink, I hate the thing that says all womens kit must be pink or have some pink trim on it somewhere. Little pink floral decals on bicycle frames just so everyone knows that the rider is cute and feminine because it is wrong for us not to be feminine. Meanwhile men are relegated to the dull, dark colours presumably because wearing bright things would not be suitably masculine. Bah humbug!

I think there was a high level, secret meeting of the makers of apparel and purses.
"Hey, let's make pockets on ladies clothes useless so they have to buy purses."
"Yes, excellent idea, that way we can avoid looking at unsightly bumps too."
"Don't put that in the marketing plan, they say it's sexist."
"As a bonus, since she's got the purse, she can carry our stuff too."
"Brilliant!"

Now walk across to the men's section and bathe in the panoply of dismal beiges, greys and olives, with no alternatives.
You forgot Khaki but technically it could go either with dismal beiges or dismal olives
I LOVE olives!!!! Kalamata, Greek, Eyetalian Green...OH WAIT!!!...:oops:

Actually Khaki is my preferred color, followed by olives, cammo & beiges
But I get your rant

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You forgot Khaki but technically it could go either with dismal beiges or dismal olives
I LOVE olives!!!! Kalamata, Greek, Eyetalian Green...OH WAIT!!!...:oops:

Actually Khaki is my preferred color, followed by olives, cammo & beiges
But I get your rant
Love this post!
Wanna step over to the "Not Serious" side. We need more punners! 😁

on the attachment that @dougfitz enclosed - its says 6 (!) AWESOME (!!!) colors for men
so.... dismal beige, dismal grey, dismal olive, dismal khaki....hmmm... I count 4
(would dismal gray considered to be a different color as dismal grey or we can lump them together? )
😂

on the attachment that @dougfitz enclosed - its says 6 (!) AWESOME (!!!) colors for men
so.... dismal beige, dismal grey, dismal olive, dismal khaki....hmmm... I count 4
(would dismal gray considered to be a different color as dismal grey or we can lump them together? )
😂
Well, even if so, that is still just 5. How about dismal baige to go with dismal beige...that makes 6. (No, they do not get lumped together.) 😅

Last edited:

And my complaint is that I like the mens’ colors better - muted, earth, natural. I’ve never been a woman to wear pastels and Crayola primaries.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Shop Columbia's website! Great ideas for wind and rain and great colors. I am in Oregon so it is my go to store. They are available online as well and ship internationally. Been Camino!

Well, for me, a woman the lack of useful pockets in women’s clothing is a terrible pain in the butt, so I, being taller than most, end up in those beige, olive, navy and black items because 1.) pockets and 2.) length. That door swings both ways I guess! 😊

€149,-

I have seen especially French pilgrims dressed in colours... and Germans.
Here is an example at Vaude’s homepage, but there might be better examples and sites.

I have seen especially French pilgrims dressed in colours... and Germans.
Here is an example at Vaude’s homepage, but there might be better examples and sites.

:) I view this kind of garish color scheme in the same manner that I view loud, intrusive human-made noise in the natural environment. LOL!!!

Are you seriously debating which colours should be worn on the WAY ? I personally consider walking the caminos as a pilgrimage and attire and colours do not matter so much. Basic, simple and humble. But I also have to respect that not everybody walks with the same feeling and so enjoy the subject.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Ladies get the pretty colors, but gentleman get all of the useful pockets.

So I was in Decathlon looking for pants for my Camino Lebaniego. Tried their new female hiking pants, zipped legs, fits perfectly... has TWO shallow pockets on the front and ONE-ONLY small pocket on the back! :eek:

Then I went to the male section, got the same brand/model in the smallest men size possible (I'm tiny). It fits almost exactly the same, but it has three deep pockets on the front (one zipped), two shallow pockets on the back, one very deep pocket on one side of the thigh and two on the other thigh.
Guess who walked the Lebaniego in "man´s pants?" :)

Out of curiosity, "Mariposa" is indeed butterfly in Spanish, but if you are walking the CP, "Mariposa" is actually the dull color one, like a Moth. :) The colourful butterflies are called 'Borboleta' in Portuguese.

:) I view this kind of garish color scheme in the same manner that I view loud, intrusive human-made noise in the natural environment. LOL!!!
I agree. But someone asked for colours 🌸👍

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It's "mariposa," but when it's used as it was used in the post above, I think it's important to know its slang meaning. "Few male pilgrims are mariposas" means not just "wear bright colors," but "Few male pilgrims are fags."

It's "mariposa," but when it's used as it was used in the post above, I think it's important to know its slang meaning. "Few male pilgrims are mariposas" means not just "wear bright colors," but "Few male pilgrims are fags."

I really understand where you are coming from. For myself, I don't do PC. If I decide to use mariposa and am not intending it pejoratively, then if someone is offended that's their problem, not mine. I am not responsible, nor can I control someone else's offense nor how someone chooses to react.

Are you seriously debating which colours should be worn on the WAY ? I personally consider walking the caminos as a pilgrimage and attire and colours do not matter so much. Basic, simple and humble. But I also have to respect that not everybody walks with the same feeling and so enjoy the subject.

No, Pierre, this is not really a serious discussion about colors, so you can rest easy :)

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.

Yes, but don't you miss having pockets?!

Oh the joys of the uncommon language that separates us! My immediate response was to ask how does smoking (cigarettes) relate to clothing colours, but then I realised that mariposa might need to join the list of words like fag, donga, bonking and fanny where our different national meanings and slang usage give rise to misunderstanding.

I used 'mariposa' in my post as a colourful contrast to 'dowdy'. Nothing more was intended. When I read the word has an ugly slang meaning I edited my post and replaced it with Beau Brummel.
To save anyone having to Google, he was a famous 19th Century English dandy.

I'm sure you make look pink and duck-egg blue look very macho!!

Pink (or duck-egg blue) is only a feminine color because we labelled it as such. I don't think colors are either male or female. They're just colors....

Oh boy, try buying cycling gear if you're a woman 🤣. You either have to try on men's clothing, or order online - and then you're probably going to find they only have your size in XXXL - simply because they expect all women cyclists to be tiny and very thin :rolleyes:.
It seems most manufacturers expect female outdoor enthusiasts to be no larger than a very slim size 14-16. While I can manage most of the bottoms the tops for me are nigh on impossible. And shopping the men’s section doesn’t quite solve that problem. :confused:

€149,-
I am female and love to wear a 'pop' of color for my t-shirts. I love cap sleeves and think they are more feminine looking, which I personally prefer. I pair the color wth either black, gray or tan pants, capris, shorts, or a hiking skirt...depending on the season.
If you have the upper arms, then yes. Many of us “older ladies” don’t.

Interestingly, I have quite the opposite view. I do not like to wear bright colors, so I am constantly frustrated by the pinks and blues of women's outdoor clothing and gear. I prefer black, dark gray, olive, and taupe!

I'm sure you make look pink and duck-egg blue look very macho!!
In WW2 the underbellies of some Spitfire fighter planes were painted duck egg blue (to make them harder to spot from underneath against the sky) - now aircraft are frequently called "she" but a fighter plane is definitely macho so do we have here an early example of unisex materiel?
Even more curiously some were painted PINK

(as @davebugg said - not a serious thread!)

In WW2 the underbellies of some Spitfire fighter planes were painted duck egg blue (to make them harder to spot from underneath against the sky) - now aircraft are frequently called "she" but a fighter plane is definitely macho so do we have here an early example of unisex materiel?
Even more curiously some were painted PINK

View attachment 58482

(as @davebugg said - not a serious thread!)
Jeff, that's just what I was going to say! This belongs on the "Not a serious thread"!

Most read last week in this forum

Hola. While I am familiar with air travel restrictions on knives, I want to read your answers on carrying a small folding knife (Gerber Gear US1, (2.6 inch /6.6 cm blade)) in trains and buses in...
Hello. Having done the Portugese Central from Porto a few years ago, we will be doing the Frances from Leon this April. Searching the forums for footwear suggestions, we (wife and I) decided on...
I couldn't find any posts about this topic on the forum (first time that's ever happened) so I thought I'd ask... It always seemed to me that wringing hand-washed clothes never works very well...
Hi All, I am completing the Camino Ingles in April. I have just bought hiking trainers, as I find walking boots very heavy on my little, old feet. Hpwever, I am worried about conditions, with...
Hello, I will be doing El Camino from Sarria to Santiago this May 13 for the first time. I tend to twist my ankles in uneven surfaces and to easily slip on slippery surfaces. I have some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.