• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Share Taxi 5th or 6th April 2019 from Pamplona to SJDPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

K123

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2019
Hello everyone, I'm flying in from Australia on the Friday 5th April and plan on getting the train from Barcelona to SDJPP . I'm coming to realise that public transport to SJDpP (especially on a Saturday) is almost non-existent.
So I was wondering if anyone would is making the same journey on the same days and if they would like like to share a taxi to make getting there that much easier! :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello everyone, I'm flying in from Australia on the Friday 5th April and plan on getting the train from Barcelona to SDJPP . I'm coming to realise that public transport to SJDpP (especially on a Saturday) is almost non-existent.
So I was wondering if anyone would is making the same journey on the same days and if they would like like to share a taxi to make getting there that much easier! :)

Welcome to the Forum. :)

When looking at transport options from Pamplona to SJPdP, I found this taxi company in Pamplona. They specialize in transporting pilgrims from Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port.

You make your reservation online. You tell them your arrival location for pick up. During the reservation process, you can choose an option stating that you want to share a taxi with others going to SJPdP. The fare is shared by all the passengers. The company will then work to schedule a full taxi for you.

If they already have a taxi scheduled to travel to SJPdP near your time of arrival in Pamplona, and that taxi still has a seat available, they can reserve a seat on that taxi for you.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hallo K123,

there is a bus from Pamplona to St. Jean at both days, at the same time and for the same price;)

Pamplona 14:30

St. Jean 16:15

price: 22,- €

www.alsa.es

To find it, you have to give in: Pamplona and Saint Jean (not St. Jean)

I don´t know the exactly place where the bus starts in Pamplona - Estacion de Autobus?????

All the best for you

Michael

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Just for reference, I don't think it is necessary to book a taxi in advance. Last June I walked out Pamplona airport, approached first cab I saw, asked if he was willing to go and cost, the 100 Euro ask was my expectation, I was in SJPP within 75 minutes of landing in Pamplona.

Thanks to everyone for your excellent and quick replies :)

When you arrive at the small train station in Pamplona, just approach a few other people standing outside with backpacks and ask if they want to share the taxi to SJPdP. It is about 130 Euros with a tip and takes 1 hour. I went with 3 other pilgrims. Cheap and easy. Have fun.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back