• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Shared transport from Biarritz to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port on saturday 20/10?

HenrikBjerg

Time of past OR future Camino
camino frances
Hi
My daughter and I arrive in Biarritz airport on saturday 20/10 at 20:20 from Copenhagen, Denmark.
We need transport to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port and it looks like the only option is to take a taxi or a shuttle-bus.
The EXPRESS BOURRICOT dont have any departures that late.
The Biarritz Airport Transfers cost 120 euro for up to 8 passengers and we are looking for other pilgrims to share the transport and cost with.
Do you arrive at Biarritz on saturday evening and need a ride?
Regards
Henrik

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You are arriving quite late. Perhaps you could book a hotel in Bayonne then take the local train to St. Jean Pied de Port on Sunday morning.

I agree, good idea to stay over then catch a bus in the morning..no booking , just queue up and pay through the online SNCF..Print out the tickets through the station machine.......there hasn't been a train to St Jean for years. The track is rusty. Good luck and Buen Camino pilgrim
Love

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Whoops, Yes sorry, my mistake there is a train that goes from Bayonne to StJPP......
Love

Hi
My daughter and I arrive in Biarritz airport on saturday 20/10 at 20:20 from Copenhagen, Denmark.
We need transport to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port and it looks like the only option is to take a taxi or a shuttle-bus.
The EXPRESS BOURRICOT dont have any departures that late.
The Biarritz Airport Transfers cost 120 euro for up to 8 passengers and we are looking for other pilgrims to share the transport and cost with.
Do you arrive at Biarritz on saturday evening and need a ride?
Regards
Henrik
Hi Henrik
I arrive on the evening of 19 September at Biarritz and Express Bourricout have no other bookings to SJDP so the fare would be e130 which I can't afford, so I'm thinking of staying overnight and in either Biarritz or Baronne and travelling to SJDP early next morning. Any other suggestions from experienced pilgrims would be most welcome.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Henrik
I arrive on the evening of 19 September at Biarritz and Express Bourricout have no other bookings to SJDP so the fare would be e130 which I can't afford, so I'm thinking of staying overnight and in either Biarritz or Baronne and travelling to SJDP early next morning. Any other suggestions from experienced pilgrims would be most welcome.
@susiem @HenrikBjerg posted his question in 2018 and has never returned to the Forum.

It is quite likely that Express Bourricout will accumulate other bookings as we get closer to 19 September. They will always try to fill their mini-bus. Your alternative of a night in Bayonne, lovely city, and the 8:15 train to St Jean in the morning is also a good option.

@susiem @HenrikBjerg posted his question in 2018 and has never returned to the Forum.

It is quite likely that Express Bourricout will accumulate other bookings as we get closer to 19 September. They will always try to fill their mini-bus. Your alternative of a night in Bayonne, lovely city, and the 8:15 train to St Jean in the morning is also a good option.

Oops sorry, but thank you for replying. I hope this is what happens but I'm already slipping into trying to control every eventuality, which is the very thing I'm trying to avoid. The information on the Forum and the kindness of Pilgrims is very much appreciated.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back