Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Sharing sad news

IngridF

Intrepid Peregrina
Past OR future Camino
2012, 2015 ,2017, 2019
Hi my fellow forum friends and pilgrims. I am sharing my very sad news of the passing of Norm, my husband and best friend of 44 years, on Monday November 29. I miss him very much and my adult children are devestated.
Thank you for some of the forum members who knew about this earlier on through facebook and have been praying, lighting candles and have mass read for him and the family in many churches on the Camino. It is a comforting feeling to be embraced by you all.

Light and Love, Ingrid

A thought-provoking Camino memoir. This day-by-day account will inspire you.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Paladina

old woman of the roads
Past OR future Camino
CF, primitivo & del norte (2017); VdlP/Sanabres, ingles etc (2018), Mozarabe etc (2019), tbc (2020)
Dear Ingrid, I send my condolences to you and your children for the loss of a dear husband and father. I hope that you will be sustained by the collective good will of forum members, many of whom know you only through your many uplifting posts.

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Past OR future Camino
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
So sorry for you and your closest. Accept my condolences from me to you as two members of your Camino family. You are not alone here.

Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Kalimera

Past OR future Camino
CF Oct/Nov 2021
Hi my fellow forum friends and pilgrims. I am sharing my very sad news of the passing of Norm, my husband and best friend of 44 years, on Monday November 29. I miss him very much and my adult children are devestated.
Thank you for some of the forum members who knew about this earlier on through facebook and have been praying, lighting candles and have mass read for him and the family in many churches on the Camino. It is a comforting feeling to be embraced by you all.

Light and Love, Ingrid
I am so very sorry. I can’t even fathom your loss🥲. May you feel God’s love and peace🙏

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino

Light and Love, Ingrid
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences. May his memory be a blessing.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Anik2001

Past OR future Camino
Past: Camino Frances (2017), future: Frances again (2020)well hopefully 2021...
So sorry for your loss. I send you my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Marbe2

Past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
May you be enfolded in God’s love by family, friends and your camino family….and May the Spirit give you strength during this most difficult period. .
Norm is now home and walking a new camino in best company!

Light and Love to you!

cbacino

Past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte - Primitivo (2018)
Via Francigena (2017)
Appalachian Trail (2016)

Light and Love, Ingrid
You have my deepest sympathies.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

TrvlDad1

Covidyard Bob
Past OR future Camino
2017 Frances from Saria
2018 Finnisterre & Ingles
2019 Portuguese from Valenca
2020 Assisi(cancel.)
Sincerest condolences. In the end, we have only our memories, which are forever to be cherished.

HikingGeo

Past OR future Camino
2017-Sarria to Santiago and Lires to Finisterre

Light and Love, Ingrid
Very sorry for your loss, Ingrid!

Anthony Rocco

Past OR future Camino
Frances, Ignaciano, Aragones, Arle, Tolosana, Salvador, Primitivo, Madrid, Olvidado/Invierno (2020)

Light and Love, Ingrid
We will add him to our prayers at mass.

Past OR future Camino
Frances from SJPP (May '17) Finisterre to Muxia (MAy '17) Portuguese from Lisbon (Oct '17)
My dear Ingrid… heartfelt condolences for you and your family. Hoping the joy of wonderful memories will eventually lighten your grief and sorrow 🙏

annakappa

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
I’m so sorry for your loss. I know how it is: your beloved husband was also your best friend. May he rest in peace🙏

Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

longwalker60

Past OR future Camino
09/2018

Light and Love, Ingrid
So sorry to hear of your loss. God Bless, you are in my prayers and I pray future days are brighter.

Wanderingfriend

Past OR future Camino

Light and Love, Ingrid
Peace be to you. From a fellow Canadian pilgrim.

Yellowfriend

Past OR future Camino
Porto- Santiago / Fisterra- Muxia sept 2016
SJPP- Santiago may 2017planninh

Light and Love, Ingrid
I am so sorry for your loss, thinking of you and your family 💫🕯🙏🏽

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Rex

One Step at a Time
Past OR future Camino
Dear Ingrid: So sorry to hear this. I applaud your courage in sharing with us on the Forum Zoom, just a couple of weeks ago, how hard this journey has been for you. I trust you and your children will be able to remember the wonderful times of the past 44 years and honor his memory in special ways in the days and weeks ahead. For you, I hope the next Camino is a long period of rest and healing.
We'll look forward to seeing you on the Forum Zoom again in the future and look forward to hearing more tales from the CF.
Be well and we'll keep you in our prayers.
Aloha, Rex

Past OR future Camino

Light and Love, Ingrid
Sorry for your loss, Ingrid , my condoléances to you and your Family

Walton

Past OR future Camino
2016 Sjpp to Sdc. 2018 Lisbon to Sdc to Finisterre. Next up hopefully VDP or Del Norte.
I'm very sorry for your loss Ingrid.

Sincere condolences to you and your family.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Yellowfriend

Past OR future Camino
Porto- Santiago / Fisterra- Muxia sept 2016
SJPP- Santiago may 2017planninh
I am sorry for your loss , I am with you and your familybin my heart and thoughts 🌷💛
Sits

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Past OR future Camino
CF - sections and whole (2012-2019) and part VF (2017)
What a terribly sad and difficult time it’s been for you and your family Ingrid - two years with Norm being so ill - the grief would be immense.

As well as wonderful memories of your 44 years with Norm, may thoughts of your beloved Camino guide you through this time and help bring peace to your heart. Think of those huge Spanish skies on the Meseta and all your favourite places and be tranquil.

Love from Oz -

Jenny

Past OR future Camino
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Greetings; losing one's Life Partner is never easy but it can be especially difficult after 44 years together. I join your Camino Friends in expressing deepest sympathies to you and your family. I have a number of candles to light in church tomorrow. I will add another for you and Norm.

MaineSally

MaineSally
Past OR future Camino
Cam Frances SJPDP to Santiago ('17): Finisterre ('17); Muxia ('17): Camino Portuguese ('19)

Light and Love, Ingrid
Oh Ingrid, so terribly sorry to learn of the passing of your husband. May the many wonderful memories shared with him sustain you and yours. I see that you are in PEI...not so terribly far from us in Maine. If you ever have the desire to head south for a visit we'd enjoy having you stay with us. We have a separate guest suite, and it is available to you gratis if you need a change of scenery. Of course, I would be glad to have a walking buddy for an hour or two a day.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Another pilgrim has stepped foot on the infinite trail homewards. (I couldn't even begin to imagine losing my better half after that many years). :(

DreamHiker2

DreamHiker2
Past OR future Camino

Light and Love, Ingrid
So sorry for your loss - you now have a special Camino angel on your every walk to keep you safe. Hugs to you and the family Ingrid👼 🕊️

susanawee

susanawee
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017

Light and Love, Ingrid
Sad to read of the passing of Norm Ingrid.....I also responded on FB. Prayers have been offered up for you. May your Norm be 'flying free' - he will always be with you in Spirit and in your heart. <3 and Friendship. Blessings and condolences to your family.

2022 Camino Guides
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

CarolandPhil

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances August 2019
Camino Frances August 2020

Light and Love, Ingrid
Ingrid, I am so sad to read of the loss of your dear Norm. I will keep you, Norm and all your family in my prayers . 🙏💕

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
A few and hopefully lots more. See signature.
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news, Ingrid. Sending love and condolences to you and your family. 🕯

Camino Magnets
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

walkingstu

Past OR future Camino
Camino SJPP to SDC 2007 Frances
Camino Aragon Pau Fr. to Pamplona 2010
Camino Burgos to SDC 2012
Camino Porto to SDC 2015
Camino VDLP Seville to SDC March 2016
You are in our thoughts as you go thru the turmoil of your grief. Know you are not alone.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Oh, Ingrid, I echo all the sentiments of the 50+ condolences you have received already.
Coming into the Christmas season and soon a cold Canadian winter is not the best of seasons to begin grieving such a loss. 🙏

Last edited:

Holly West

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances

Light and Love, Ingrid
I am so sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

jalluisi

Past OR future Camino
Walked from Leon to Santiago Oct. 2021
So sorry to hear of your husband's passing. My condolences to you and your family. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

natefaith

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
2009, 2014, 2017
Dearest Ingrid, so sorry to hear of your beloved Norm's passing. 44 years together is a beautiful thing. Prayers for strength and peace for you and your family during this time. We love you.

❤️

Jacobus

Pilgrim since 2008
Past OR future Camino
Camino Francés(2008,09 14)
Del Norte (2011)
Portuguese(2015,2017)
Inglés 2015
Fisterre (2015 17)

Light and Love, Ingrid
Ingrid,
I am So sorry for you loss. You and all of your family are in my prayers.

HenkSlb

Past OR future Camino
Nun lass' ich ruhn den Wanderstab,
weil Gott getreu ich gepilgert hab.
Durch Sühn und Buß hab ich versöhnt
dem Herren Dem mein Herze fröhnt.

Tannhåuser, pilgrim's choir.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Magnets

Ronald Boivin

Past OR future Camino

Light and Love, Ingrid
Know that you are not alone on your grief.

Quinranda

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2016)

Light and Love, Ingrid
Sending warmth and healing thoughts. So sorry for your loss.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
So sorry to hear of your loss Ingrid - especially hard at this time of year.
Alfred Lord Tennyson said so well:
'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
May the treasure store of memories help you through the next months

Jean & Claude

Past OR future Camino
Dear Ingrid - our sincerest condolences to you and your family. May you find peace in the memories of the love and adventures you shared. 🤗

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

jascreative

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2011)
Le Puy & parts of Frances (2013)
Aragones & parts of Frances (2015)
Primitivo (2016)
So sorry to hear of your husband's passing Ingrid -- Hugs & healing energy to you & your family --

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads