• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Shaving one or two days...

clearskiescamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many to mention...
Hi folks
I'm sure this has been asked many times before so I think I'm answering my own question.
I've walked from Logrono to Santiago over three years in sections.
However next year I'm going back to walk the full Camino. I will have 30-35 days approx which is plenty of time to get to Saniago however I would like to go to Finistere via Muxia which is 5 days I reckon. And like to go to Lisbon for three days. I'm in my mid 30s and average about 25-30km per day.
I don't want to go rushing so would like to skip one or two days. The meseta is special to me so I'm not passing that.
I'm thinking the walk out out of Leon is 1 , any others?
Thanks!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Maybe the walk into Leon as well.... walk as far as Mansilla de las Mulas then bus to Leon for the night?
Margaret
PS Rebekah will love to hear what you say about the Meseta!

The walk from Astorga to Rabanal I found one of the least exciting for scenery. It was raining the day I did it but it just looked like endless pasture, power lines and roads.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks guys.
I found the walk in and out of Leon the least 'exciting' parts of the Camino. They are options.
The meseta was a highlight for me; sometimes I liked walking alone, other days with a group.

ha - I thought this was going to be about shaving every other day or so!!!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Personally I would skip Lisbon and 35 will be enough. There is something nice about doing it all. Of course that's a personal opinion and not what is being requested. Still, I think given you have exactly the time you need minus the trip to Lisbon I would want to know if the trip to Lisbon is so important? You may still need to take a bus if something come's up but that is a different situation.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Clearskies:

You can add the walk into Burgos, imo. I have done both routes and found them both boring, near endless, poorly marked and confusing. The walk out of Leon also was not enjoyable and dangerous when crossing that one bridge. I have heard that has been corrected.

On the plus side, there are a number of very nice Panaderia's in both cities. Good coffee and pastries.

Ultreya,
Joe

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Guys
Thanks so much for your advice
I've been thinking about the Lisbon trip. I feel I will leave it as I would like to walk the Portuguese route soon.
So I have 35 days..to include walking to Finisterre via Muxia.
Very do-able if I skip walking into Burgos and if miss the first stage after Leon.

good plan. My first Camino was Porto-Santiago and this summer I just spent 2 weeks in Lisbon. Both trips were excellent :p

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back