A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

LIVE from the Camino Sheffield James on the Camino Olvidado -- LOTS of good info!

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
ok, so I will put in the guide albergue El Chalten (& camping las Hoces de Vegacervera) for easier orientation.
any other comments on any part of the route or accommodation I should add before posting the guide to the resources? especially on those parts that can't be viewed with google cameras.
Hi Caminka, is it possible to see a latest draft version of the guide to help answer your question about any additional information before you publish in the resources section?

Camino(s) past & future
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
These are beautiful! So did you walk from Miranda de Ebro to Aguilar de Campoo? I am totally confused as to where this stage fit into your Olvidado. Sorry to be dense!
@peregrina2000, I walked from Pamplona to Miranda de Ebro, then cut inland to follow roughly the GR route Caminka took to reach Aguilar de Campoo. It is definitely the Camino Olvidado after this junction, but I have no real idea what to call the pre-Aguilar section (though some is part of the Camino Interior/Via Bayonne/ Tunnel Route). I recall there was a discussion of nomenclature on a previous blog, but it didn’t really clarify the confusion about what to call the route out of Pamplona + to what exactly the name Camino Viejo should refer.

Advertisment

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
Hi Caminka, is it possible to see a latest draft version of the guide to help answer your question about any additional information before you publish in the resources section?
here is the pdf version with all the comments from the above posts. the off-google-video sections are highlighted in blue (they won't be in the final version) and the altered/corrected text after your blog is underlined. if you still have problems with pdf downloads, pm me.

It is definitely the Camino Olvidado after this junction, but I have no real idea what to call the pre-Aguilar section (though some is part of the Camino Interior/Via Bayonne/ Tunnel Route). I recall there was a discussion of nomenclature on a previous blog, but it didn’t really clarify the confusion about what to call the route out of Pamplona + to what exactly the name Camino Viejo should refer.
I am rooting for the route pamplona - salvatierra/aguirain (at least) to be named camino viejo - based on roman and medieval finds and the travel journey by abbot gundisalvo in 902. it would be exciting if this could be extended to aguilar along the abbot gundisalvo's route (Salvatierra, Alegría, Armentía, Trespuentes, Puentelarra, Tobalina, Frías, Oña, Sedano, Amaya, Nogales, Mave, Aguilar) which is different then GR 99 ruta del ebro, but then there would be two options!

attached is a quick sketch of how I see the connections. WP_20180611_13_05_29_Pro.jpg

Attachments

MikeJS

Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2011), Norte (2012), VdlP (Apr 2016). Sureste/Invierno (Apr/May 2017).
@peregrina2000, I walked from Pamplona to Miranda de Ebro, then cut inland to follow roughly the GR route Caminka took to reach Aguilar de Campoo. It is definitely the Camino Olvidado after this junction, but I have no real idea what to call the pre-Aguilar section (though some is part of the Camino Interior/Via Bayonne/ Tunnel Route). I recall there was a discussion of nomenclature on a previous blog, but it didn’t really clarify the confusion about what to call the route out of Pamplona + to what exactly the name Camino Viejo should refer.
Is it possible to change the title of this post to better reflect is final content? It would help future browsers of this section.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 163 25.5%