• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Shifting from Garmin GPS to phone — step 1

peregrina2000

Staff member
For about 6 years, I have used a hand held Garmin Dakota GPS device. After a disastrous first year and a rocky second year, I have learned to download wikiloc GPS tracks onto my computer and from there, to transfer them to the GPS. I am comfortable with this method, but have heard from many sides that I should consider using my phone, if only to reduce the weight I carry (GPS device plus AA battery charger, plus four batteries VS. portable charger for phone to ensure life of the phone battery).

The first thing I have to decide is which maps program to use. I have read discussions and positive reviews about maps.me, OSM, windymaps, wikiloc, etc. and I don’t know how to evaluate which is the best for me.

I would appreciate recommendations of a program, knowing that the only thing I want to be able to do is to follow a GPS track for a remote camino. I do not care about recording my own tracks, about finding grocery stores or pensiones along the way (I will continue to use google maps for that), charting elevations or distances walked. I do not want the phone to talk to me to tell me where to turn, as I only resort to the GPS when I fear I am lost.

I know that all maps programs are likely to have features above and beyond what I need or want, but if there are members with experiences, good and bad, on these maps apps or others, I would appreciate it. This is just step one, remember — once I choose a program, I will be back to bombard you with more pleas about how to use it!

Buen camino, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
For about 6 years, I have used a hand held Garmin Dakota GPS device. After a disastrous first year and a rocky second year, I have learned to download wikiloc GPS tracks onto my computer and from there, to transfer them to the GPS. I am comfortable with this method, but have heard from many sides that I should consider using my phone, if only to reduce the weight I carry (GPS device plus AA battery charger, plus four batteries VS. portable charger for phone to ensure life of the phone battery).

The first thing I have to decide is which maps program to use. I have read discussions and positive reviews about maps.me, OSM, windymaps, wikiloc, etc. and I don’t know how to evaluate which is the best for me.

I would appreciate recommendations of a program, knowing that the only thing I want to be able to do is to follow a GPS track for a remote camino. I do not care about recording my own tracks, about finding grocery stores or pensiones along the way (I will continue to use google maps for that), charting elevations or distances walked. I do not want the phone to talk to me to tell me where to turn, as I only resort to the GPS when I fear I am lost.

I know that all maps programs are likely to have features above and beyond what I need or want, but if there are members with experiences, good and bad, on these maps apps or others, I would appreciate it. This is just step one, remember — once I choose a program, I will be back to bombard you with more pleas about how to use it!

Buen camino, Laurie

and tell me too please :)

Samarkand.

Buen camino, Laurie
Gaia app is one I've used for backpacking. May want to take a look at the app.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
WindyMaps!!
Free,, virtually every Camino route already on the map,,(has walking /cycling routes all over the world) can download any part of the world and then use without phone coverage,, just using gps on phone,, so simple,, so good,,

One question I've had in my mind on your behalf ;) is whether the GPS tracks on your Garman can be converted to KML files and transferred to another program. Or would you need to re-download new KMLs for all routes.

EDITED TO ADD: I just googled and found that Windymaps will accept both GPX (corrected) and KML tracks. Also, I am following this discussion as I am not permanently fixed on maps.me (the file management annoys me).

virtually every Camino route already on the map
Hmm. But @peregrina2000 might venture beyond "virtually every Camino".

Also consider the availability of personal help (as will always be needed) for various programs.

Last edited:
I have used Maps.me for the past 3-4 years and have found it very simple but useful to determine where you are and where the route is. That is all I need to know as well. In fact, I am using it this week and next on a local trail.

I know it can use kml maps. It can probably use other formats, but I have always found what I need in kml.

Be sure to let us know what you decide. Maybe there is something better out there. Good luck!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Since you are familiar with Google maps, you can download kml (or maybe it is kmz files) into the related app called My Maps.

Laurie, while in general I prefer OsmAnd+ based on what you said you need I recommend the Wikiloc app for you.

I used OsmAnd and Wikiloc apps on last years Camino Catalan (and Google Maps on entering cities). I really navigated with Wikiloc and used OsmAnd for backup and more information. Each day I downloaded a track from Wikiloc (often from RocJumper, I looked at yours too but you got lost too often, forgive me). I would hit the Follow trail button and go. Although the camino was marked the arrows were not always easy to see. Wikiloc would give me a nasty beep to tell me I was no longer following the track. You could see where you were and where you were going and it seems that that is pretty much what you are looking for. It is easy to record a track and upload it to your Wikiloc account too.

Ask some questions and I'll try to give you answers.

EDITED TO ADD: I just googled and found that Windymaps will accept both GPS and KML tracks.
Sorry, I know you know the difference @C clearly and just made a slip and I don't mean to be pedantic but I reply to prevent confusion in the minds of GPS newbies. You meant to write "GPX and KML tracks".

Gentle readers, GPS is a broad term. Tracks and waypoints can be saved in files by writing them as text in special formats similar to HTML. One commonly used format is identified with the file suffix .gpx and another with a different format with the suffix .kml

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Sorry - I should have added to my previous post is that I use an iPhone and find that Maps.me is easy to use. My friend has a Samsung has never been able to get it to work. We are both technologically challenged so there may be an easy explanation for that.

Hi, Rick,
I wanted to respond to your post with both a 🤣 and a🙏 but I can only use one emoji per post.

I have used wikiloc tracks for years, so it seems like a logical transition would be to the wikiloc app. I already am a premium subscriber just because the searching opportunities are so much more elaborate. But I have never used the wikiloc app on my phone, and I have never used any app for trails other than the garmin device, so I suppose there will be a learning curve no matter what.

I think that the main tasks I will have to master are to find the relevant tracks (which I can do on wikiloc.com, no problem) and then figure out how to transfer them to my phone and save them on my phone (which was the comment from @Doughnut NZ on another thread that partially prompted this post, since I have no idea how to do that! )

Am I correct in thinking that wikiloc may have the advantage for me, in that it has both the maps I need and the tracks I need, whereas some of the other apps might have the maps, but I would need to find the tracks somewhere and then figure out how to transfer them to my phone and save them on my app?

I should add that I have an iphone (bought several months ago, and was whatever number was the latest at that time) and I have a lot of storage on it, so space shouldn’t be a problem.

And I should also add that I am hopeful that other members will feel free to “derail” the thread to take it in directions that are useful for you, so long as we try to stick to the topic of — how to choose a phone app to replace a GPS?

Another thing about Wikiloc. This week I got a protective case for my Android phone and it came with a belt holster. We went for a walk in an area where I often have problems with getting GPS signals from the satellites. I decided to see what would happen if I used the holster to cover the screen of the phone instead of the usual way (to see how the phone might work protected from touches while in a pack). I ran both Wikiloc and OsmAnd. Wikiloc recorded the entire 2.5 mile track. OsmAnd did not record when covered. This gives me another reason to recommend Wkiloc to Laurie.

Note: I prefer OsmAnd in general. I recommend Maps.me to newbies. Based on Laurie's criteria I recommend Wikiloc to her.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
figure out how to transfer them to my phone and save them on my app
Trust me - it is very easy with maps.me! My only complaint with maps.me is the issue about file management, which most people would not care about - I have a "thing" about knowing what is where, and being able to control it. That's one reason why I use a PC and Android, not Apple.

Maybe I will try out the other apps, too. Nothing like a new mapping app to keep one's neurons alive!

My only complaint with maps.me is the issue about file management,
I have to admit I don’t really know what you mean by that — are you talking about the filing system? On my Garmin, when I open my device in the morning, the trails that pop up are the ones that are the closest to where I am, and to see all the trails I have downloaded, it’s just a long list with some sorting according to which ones are the closest to where I am at the time I look at the list. I have no idea how the wikiloc app does that, but is it a question of not being able to find the trails you need?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
is it a question of not being able to find the trails you need?
Not really. You don't need to know anything about the files. You can just look at the maps to see where the blue dot is are, and where the colored tracks are.

However, if you want to delete a track, I am not sure how to do it efficiently with maps.me.

Question to the knowledgeable...

Do the wikiloc base maps have as much, more or less information than maps.me? Does it matter?

Coming late to this, and with limited experience.
Early on in my fraught explorations of using my phone for wayfinding, I downloaded maps.me, since everyone said it was user-friendly. I played with it a little, but nudged by someone (it may have been you, @Rick of Rick and Peg ), though, I ended up using OSMand instead. I don't find it at all hard to use, even though it's said to be more complicated than mapa.me.

I download tracks from wikiloc and store them in a series of file folders on my computer so they are easy to find. Then I copy them over to my phone only when I need them, in order to save space.

OSMand is the default app I chose to open the files, so if I want to use one, I simply open it, and select the option to show it as an overlay on the basemap - so every time I open the app, it's there. OSMand doesn't automatically show a whelter of tracks, just the ones I need and have chosen to see.

Since you use wikiloc a lot and are familiar with it, it makes sense to try it out: there would be less time in that uncomfortable learning curve when you're figuring out what is what.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
WindyMaps!!
Free,, virtually every Camino route already on the map,,(has walking /cycling routes all over the world) can download any part of the world and then use without phone coverage,, just using gps on phone,, so simple,, so good,,
I've downloaded it, and maps for part of Spain, but I cannot see what to do next. Do you have a good source of instructions? I don't see any Camino tracks. How do I get a kml file to open in Windy?

.... I ran both Wikiloc and OsmAnd. Wikiloc recorded the entire 2.5 mile track. OsmAnd did not record when covered. This gives me another reason to recommend Wkiloc to Laurie.
Hmm, I would be very surprised if the individual app that you used was affected by covering your phone, are you sure? Did you run them both at the same time? the GPS sensor "should" be controlled by the Operating System with the data passed through to the app and in this case either both would be affected or neither. However, it is possible that a particular app may be getting in at a more fundamental level and reading the GPS sensor directly, it is just not what I would expect. I have done some Android app work using the sensors and so I have some technical knowledge in this area but it is getting a little dated and it isn't particularly deep so I could well be wrong.

OK,,
I've downloaded it, and maps for part of Spain, but I cannot see what to do next. Do you have a good source of instructions? I don't see any Camino tracks. How do I get a kml file to open in Windy?

OK,, when you open the app,, a map should show,! You said you downloaded Spain or parts of it!!
The closer you get to the area,zoom in more,, more will show up,, also make sure you are looking at the tourist map, after clicking on maps,, let me know how you go!
And no idea about putting other files onto it,, I only use what is already on the app,,

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
However, if you want to delete a track, I am not sure how to do it efficiently with maps.me.
From the main screen pick the two starred icon. That brings up a list of gps files/tracks. Long press on one of interest. That brings up a popup with actions. One is delete. Another is list settings from which you can rename the file/track.

Question to the knowledgeable...

Do the wikiloc base maps have as much, more or less information than maps.me? Does it matter?
I just tried this out in my neighborhood. I had downloaded base maps of the state previously. At first glance the maps showing about the same area has Wikiloc not showing as much data (e.g., fewer street names). Zooming in on the Wikiloc map shows more detail though, including depictions of house shapes.

Wikiloc does indicate that it gets information from Open Street Maps. Maps.me and OsmAnd also do.

I played with it a little, but nudged by someone (it may have been you, @Rick of Rick and Peg ), though, I ended up using OSMand instead.
Mea culpa.
OSMand is the default app I chose to open the files, so if I want to use one, I simply open it, and select the option to show it as an overlay on the basemap - so every time I open the app, it's there. OSMand doesn't automatically show a whelter of tracks, just the ones I need and have chosen to see.
The tracks you can see when open is configurable. From the main screen use the hamburger menu then configure map. In the new menu use GPX files. The slider is used to display tracks or not. If you want them shown (that is to say that the slider is set on) then click on GPX files and a list will be shown from which you can choose which tracks will be shown on the map. You can pick some from continent one and some from continent two and see them as you move and zoom from place to place. Also, on top of the list you can change the appearance of the tracks (i.e., boldness, color and opaque or translucent). You can also add more tracks here. That brings up a file manager you use to traverse the file system looking for gpx files throughout the phone. Looking in the Download folder is a good first start.

A way this can be used is: show only the CF, the way you are walking, but not show the Invierno. When you get to Ponferrada and someone is interested in the Invierno you can now choose for it to be displayed so you can show its location to the curious pilgrim.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Instructions are here:
https://media.windy.app/

Sorry. That's weather not maps. I'll look again.

I have the app on my phone but I never used it. I intended to try some camino apps last year for reviewing but I never bothered.

Last edited:
Hmm, I would be very surprised if the individual app that you used was affected by covering your phone, are you sure? Did you run them both at the same time?
Way too often in heavily wooded areas where I walk, while trying to record a track, the phone's GPS reception dies on me. That gives me a track with a long straight line. When I want a track now I record on both Wikiloc and OsmAnd. Sometimes one works and the other doesn't. I really don't remember for sure which does better most often but I think Wikiloc does better.

My last experiment was also in an area that I sometimes have GPS reception problems. What I was testing though was if I could get reception with the phone in its protective case in back and the belt holster covering the screen to see if doing this and throwing the phone running the apps into a jostling pack would get the data while protecting the OS from bumps interpreted as my finger tapping (i.e., prevent things like butt dials). I started both apps and held the phone in my hand the entire walk. At trail junctions I would switch the holster from the front of the phone to the back. Each time the holster was in the front OsmAnd stopped tracking but Wikiloc went on. It shouldn't happen but it did and I really wasn't surprised with the result based on my prior experiences.

Mea culpa
Gracias, Rick!
Working with OSMand has has been a very satifactory experience once I got past the initial hiccups. Somewhere there is a thread that proved very useful about how to navigate some of those hiccup - getting tracks to appear and what to do when they don't.

Meanwhile @peregrina2000 , as you know, I'm not always the most patient person with tech stuff, but am very happy with using a phone as opposed to a Garmin for wayfinding. It is different to be sure, but once you work out how to access and organize tracks, you'll probably wish you'd done it sooner.

My main worry was battery usage, but so far that has not been an issue. Even so, I often save power by turning off the gps function of the phone - i.e., disabling the location - unless I'm in an area where the way forward is unclear.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My main worry was battery usage, but so far that has not been an issue. Even so, I often save power by turning off the gps function of the phone - i.e., disabling the location - unless I'm in an area where the way forward is unclear.
I always have GPS running on my phone, not apps but the reception ability. That is so I can get the GPS data entered into my photos. Also so when I do start up a GPS app it doesn't waste any time doing the math to start getting accurate data. GPS reception does not use much power. It is the apps that do.

I do run into power problems but it is easily solved with my favorite power pack. Small, thin, rectangular and with a built in cord it is easy to hold both it and the phone at the same time. It doesn't even get in the way of the camera lens. On really long walks my bigger battery is used to recharge the smaller one once drained so I can recharge the phone again in the same manner if I have to. Your power preferences may be different though.

Also available with an Apple / micro A usb cord combination (and, I think, different colors):

This looks good, Rick, thanks!
And you can recharge it in the communal albergue plug , rather than your phone...one less thing for those with light fingers to lift.
My first battery like this may have disappeared after my camino by light fingers in Barcelona; by a pickpocket. If it did he deserved my cash too; I was on to him and my valuables were scattered on me in zipped pockets and in a tucked in money belt. After the encounter I had all that but 5 minutes later noticed that the battery in my pocket was missing. He would have had to be able to stretch his arm to twice its length incredibly fast to get it. On the other hand it nearly fell out of my pocket while eating a half hour before and possibly it decided to escape on its own. The pickpocket incident makes a good story though.

The trip started in Barcelona with another pickpocket attempt. I was faster than him though. Be careful out there.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Now, back to you Laurie.

When I open my Wikiloc app it brings me to my profile whence I can select among my trails, including ones stored on the Wikiloc servers (if internet connected). Picking one brings that track up over a base map, hopefully one you have already downloaded onto the phone.

Since you have lots of tracks stored on Wikiloc here is my suggestion for you. Create another account for yourself (using the same password). On a PC download a full track of what you want to walk and also daily stages. Rename the files (CamAll.gpx, CamS1.kml, CamS2.kmz, etc.) Upload the files to your new Wikiloc account as private (since they really are someone else's creation). Maybe also to your older account. When you setup the Wikiloc app use the new account. Now you have easy access to the tracks you need for your walk and only them. Each morning select the one for the day's stage. GPS files aren't really very big and wouldn't use to much cellular data if you don't have access to Wifi. When your trip is done delete the Cam* files you originally uploaded so you can start clean next year.

Am I correct in thinking that wikiloc may have the advantage for me, in that it has both the maps I need and the tracks I need, whereas some of the other apps might have the maps, but I would need to find the tracks somewhere and then figure out how to transfer them to my phone and save them on my app?
I recommended Wikiloc to you because
  • * you are familiar with it
    * have an account
    * you had a long list of stuff you didn't need so I assumed you wanted simplicity
    * Wikiloc is simple

With the other apps you could also download from Wikiloc servers and add the tracks to the apps easily so there really isn't MUCH of an advantage in my eyes.

I think that the main tasks I will have to master are to find the relevant tracks (which I can do on wikiloc.com, no problem) and then figure out how to transfer them to my phone and save them on my phone (which was the comment from @Doughnut NZ on another thread that partially prompted this post, since I have no idea how to do that! )

I covered that in my previous post but I didn't have the sense to quote you there.

You CAN save the tracks to your phone. I have but I can't remember how at the moment. Maybe it is automatic when you first use them. I'll have to check.

Last edited:
You CAN save the tracks to your phone.
That brings up a generic but related wikiloc question: From my computer, it's easy - there's a download option. But I can't find it when I'm using wikiloc on my android phone. So I download the track on my computer and copy it to my phone...which is perfectly doable, but is there any way to avoid the extra step? (I'm using the free version of Wikiloc.)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
That brings up a generic but related wikiloc question: From my computer, it's easy - there's a download option. But I can't find it when I'm using wikiloc on my android phone. So I download the track on my computer and copy it to my phone...which is perfectly doable, but is there any way to avoid the extra step? (I'm using the free version of Wikiloc.)
Wikiloc says it is easy. I haven't tried it yet though and with me without a PC it is more difficult. Here is what to do according to them.

Login to Wikiloc.com on a PC or a second phone and find a trail. There should be a QR code to scan if logged in. Open the Wikiloc app on your phone. Click "Explore". Click in search text box. Click "Open a trail from a QR code".

That should bring up the trail in the map but I don't know if it is saved permanently on the phone. I'm still researching.

Ok, I now have the wikiloc app on my phone, and I see that it has transferred my account from the computer to the phone app. I would strongly prefer not to set up a second account, so if you think that’s the only way to do this, Rick, I think it would be better for me to use another map app for the camino.

Next step was to download offline maps of Spain and Portugal. (I told you this would be painfully slow and basic). One question — I see that I have downloaded a map of Spain - Castile and León and a map of all of Spain. Not sure how that happened, but my question is whether it makes any sense to have both of them. Are the maps of smaller areas going to be of higher resolution or have more information? Or is there any other advantage to having smaller maps?

Thanks so much.

In general I would sugguest just to start with any and try it. If not satisfies, just try another one. On the GPS workshops I usually suggest people to start with maps.me. It is simpel, easy to use, off line and can handle any kml track. If you want to have more options you can also just try the other ones. Im the resource section you can find step by step manual from the Dutch association how to put the kml files into maps, or any other app.

I couldn't find documentation on saving a track in the Wikiloc app so I played around. My app profile showed

26 in the list "your trails". This is what was uploaded to my account on the server.

5 in my list "saved trails". At the time I didn't know how they were saved.

1 in "local copy only"

So the uploads made to the server after recording a trail show up in "your trails". That, so far, is the only way I've populated the server. I imagine uploads made in other ways would appear here also.

That 1 in "local copy only" was one I recorded but didn't upload.

Now for the saves. I recorded and uploaded a track to the server a few days ago. I selected that from the list presentation and the track showed up on my map. The count of saved tracks is now 6 instead of 5. You save automatically when you view a track.

Tracks are not saved as files on your phone though. Wikiloc enters the data (probably compressed) in its own internal database.

Without a second device, though?

Sorry. This doesn't work. Wikiloc doesn't use the photo app that you have set as default. I was expecting that it would and Lens is built into Google Photos.

Look at post 54 though for another easy way to get a track from the server to your phone.

That is why it would be possible but bothersome for me. I do have an older phone I could use but I rather not.

However, your question caused a way to do this with one phone. Zoom in on the QR code if you can. If you can't don't worry. Grab a screenshot. Use Google Lens to get the QR code off the screenshot. If the code is too small them zoom in on the screenshot and save that as another screenshot and try Lens again. Yeah, it is not as easy but doable. Also, since Wikiloc doesn't use files on the phone to get its tracks like OsmAnd does, you would have to use the search box in the app in a text way to the track. I've found that the browser in the PC is the easiest way to search.

On the phone you could also use the browser if you don't mind the smaller font.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
OK, I now have the wikiloc app on my phone, and I see that it has transferred my account from the computer to the phone app. I would strongly prefer not to set up a second account, so if you think that’s the only way to do this, Rick, I think it would be better for me to use another map app for the camino.
The second account was only a suggestion so fewer tracks show up. That would simplify things a bit.
Next step was to download offline maps of Spain and Portugal. (I told you this would be painfully slow and basic). One question — I see that I have downloaded a map of Spain - Castile and León and a map of all of Spain. Not sure how that happened, but my question is whether it makes any sense to have both of them. Are the maps of smaller areas going to be of higher resolution or have more information? Or is there any other advantage to having smaller maps?
The smaller area maps are to save you file space. If you only walk in one province why download the data for the entire country?

Thanks, Rick.

Wow, yeah. I'll take your word for it. Google lens is not something I've ever used, so I'll give this a go, as much as a learning exercise as anything else.
I've only started using Lens. That picture of the sign in Ponferrada on your photo thread shows one way it can be used. Scanning text is another and I am fascinated with how it can identify plants. Well worth trying at least.

Buen camino, Laurie
I use an app for maps called - maps.me - used it recently on the Via de la Plata and it got me out of trouble several times. The route for this Camino was downloaded from Gerald Kellys website. It was a bit tricky but well worth the effort. So maps.me

I do run into power problems but it is easily solved with my favorite power pack. Small, thin, rectangular and with a built in cord it is easy to hold both it and the phone at the same time.
Just to show. It is even easier without having the gap.
Screenshot_20200917-115013.png Screenshot_20200917-114947.png

Last edited:

Buen camino, Laurie
Peregrina 2000, you sure are an expert of the road less traveled and I have a question about using these GPS devices. I tend to stay on main camino routes when I walk. The only time I wandered off was on the Norte but except for one occasion, and I got really lost, I walked with a pilgrim that had a GPS. It was great because it gave me an opportunity to stay on the coast more when the camino veered away from it at different times. I have the Buen Camino and the Wise Pilgrim apps on my phone. They both have GPS which I check only when I think I missed a turn or if I am wondering how far it is to a town if I have to make a pit stop. So for a wandering pilgrim like me is there any reason for me to have these other GPS devices? I do plan to walk some far less traveled caminos in the future. When this stupid pandemic is more under control I will do the VDLP but I know I am covered with the GPS on the above mentioned apps.
Thanks for anyone else who has some insight. Of course I will need someone to hold my hand to download it and learn how to use it!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
WindyMaps!!
I have Windy Maps, but how do I access/see the Camino route?

The closer you get to the area,zoom in more,, more will show up,, also make sure you are looking at the tourist map, after clicking on maps,, let me know how you go!
Thanks for the tip. @ trecile will be interested.... I had to zoom in very far to see the route. I can only see about 5 km of the route at a time. That is a drawback - you need to know roughly where the route is, in order to find it. I like to be able to see the larger route view.

That brings up a list of gps files/tracks.
Yes. But if I have 100 or more such files, I need to know the name of the file that I want, and scroll up and down looking for it. I would like to be able to touch the track on the map screen, and see the track file name, so I can look for it in the list view. (Even then the sort default makes it difficult.)
Another is list settings from which you can rename the file/track.
I don't have the sequence clear in my mind, but I found in the past that renaming KML files in different situations sometimes does not "stick." I understood it to be something that is embedded in the orginal file and cannot be changed. Depending on the program using it, we can rename, but when opened in a different way, the name reverts. Maybe I could change the names on my phone, but it would be painstaking to do for 100s of tracks, especially since the sort order is not controllable.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Next step was to download offline maps of Spain and Portugal. (I told you this would be painfully slow and basic). One question — I see that I have downloaded a map of Spain - Castile and León and a map of all of Spain. Not sure how that happened, but my question is whether it makes any sense to have both of them.
I don't see any instruction to download maps. I can already zoom into Spain or any other country. I am working with the free version, but I am logged into my account. I am thinking about taking the 14-day trial of the Premium.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I don't see any instruction to download maps. I can already zoom into Spain or any other country. I am working with the free version, but I am logged into my account. I am thinking about taking the 14-day trial of the Premium.

You are likely to be currently getting your map online.

For offline maps:

Profile. Settings (up top with cog wheel). Offline maps. Search maps (type-in). Spain. Spain (again). Pick the map you want.

Yes. But if I have 100 or more such files, I need to know the name of the file that I want, and scroll up and down looking for it. I would like to be able to touch the track on the map screen, and see the track file name, so I can look for it in the list view. (Even then the sort default makes it difficult.)

I don't have the sequence clear in my mind, but I found in the past that renaming KML files in different situations sometimes does not "stick." I understood it to be something that is embedded in the orginal file and cannot be changed. Depending on the program using it, we can rename, but when opened in a different way, the name reverts. Maybe I could change the names on my phone, but it would be painstaking to do for 100s of tracks, especially since the sort order is not controllable.
Currently I can't help with these things.

Laurie, sorry I didn't see this yesterday. I agree with all the reasons Rick has given you for using Wikiloc: it's easy, you are familiar with it, you have a premium account, and you want to be able to access other people's trails already posted on wikiloc both for your main route and for your side trips. (We do all our basic walking tasks with Wikiloc alone, but use Gaia to make a master map that shows all our choices on one map and windy for extra info.) I think you will be perfectly happy with Wikiloc alone.

Before our trip, I save the trails I know I am going to use. This is very easy to do. You do not need a second account. Here are the 4 easy steps I use to download a trail on my iPhone:
  1. Find the trail you want on your computer.
  2. Look at the number of the trail. This is given at the end of the URL and is usually 7 digits long. (You may need to scroll to the end of the address bar on the top of your computer screen in order to see the number.)
  3. Type that number into the search field on your phone. The matching trail will come up.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and slide over the "Save Trail" button.
To find your trails when you get to Spain, just open your Profile (bottom of the screen) and look in your "Saved Trails." Put your phone in airplane mode, and off you go!

€60,-
Wikiloc says it is easy. I haven't tried it yet though and with me without a PC it is more difficult. Here is what to do according to them.

Login to Wikiloc.com on a PC or a second phone and find a trail. There should be a QR code to scan if logged in. Open the Wikiloc app on your phone. Click "Explore". Click in search text box. Click "Open a trail from a QR code".

That should bring up the trail in the map but I don't know if it is saved permanently on the phone. I'm still researching.
Sorry. This doesn't work. Wikiloc doesn't use the photo app that you have set as default. I was expecting that it would and Lens is built into Google Photos.

Look at post 54 though for another easy way to get a track from the server to your phone.

Last edited:

Thanks so much.

I have had the same question. I don't believe the resolution is any greater on the regional maps, but I do think they are the better option. On our last trip, Wikiloc wanted to default to the regional maps. I would say keep them both if you have plenty of storage space. If not, use the regional maps.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Another way to get the trails from your computer to your phone (if you don't want to use the method of typing in the wikiloc number I mentioned above) is to make a list of 'Favorites' on your computer and then open that list on your phone and download the trails with the "Save trail" button. Say you have 20 trails you've identified on your computer that you want to have downloaded to your phone.:
  1. On your computer, click on the heart symbol by the words "Add to a list", just above the top left corner of the map on the main page for each individual trail. All the trails are now saved to your Favorites list or to a list that you named.
  2. On your phone, open your Profile, bottom right on the screen.
  3. Tap on the list you just made.
  4. Tap on the trail you want to download to your phone for offline use.
  5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on the Save Trail button.
  6. After your trip is over, tap on the Trail Saved button to take the trail off your phone.

And if you are looking at an individual trail on your computer, you can use the dropdown menu under the word "Maps" to see the choices including the IGN maps of Spain.
View attachment 83182
I fear that having read this entire thread my brains are now fried! I no longer have the faintest what anyone is talking about. I will go back to paper maps and a compass if I need it. I have a variety of route apps on my moby and after that I will shriek for help to anyone listening within a mile radius! Is it just me or now I am in my eighties I no longer speak Old Camino language and techies no matter how simple they believe they are presenting matters simply bamboozle me!

Buen camino to all of you and I hope you dispose of your batteries in the appropriate manner?

sanarkand.

I hope you dispose of your batteries in the appropriate manner
I think my pickpocket just threw it away. It had a USB-C connection. Oops, I'm getting techie again; sorry.

Oh, yeah. A problem with paper maps is they show you all sorts of interesting places to go but they don't show you where you are.

Please take no offense. I may be techie but I repair my plumbing with duct tape.

And perhaps a tag. 😄
@Peregrina can change the title, but I tagged it with "maps gps & tracks". Now, if you go to this page, and enter that tag in the Tag box (or even just "gps" and then select the correct tag from the dropdown), you will find a lot of threads on the topic. You can also look down the list of Popular tags and click on it.

If anyone wants to send me a list of links to other good threads on this topic, I am happy to add the tags.

I am interested in this thread. I have an analogue phone and two years ago walk part of the via romea germanica in Italy and I had downloaded maps.me plus the maps they provided on their website. I must admit I really have no idea what i was doing but it seemed to work. I certainly noted when when I was off track. Google maps worked too in this instance. For the future i would like to know what to have.

@Peregrina can change the title, but I tagged it with "maps gps & tracks". Now, if you go to this page, and enter that tag in the Tag box (or even just "gps" and then select the correct tag from the dropdown), you will find a lot of threads on the topic. You can also look down the list of Popular tags and click on it.

If anyone wants to send me a list of links to other good threads on this topic, I am happy to add the tags.
I was looking for that "tags" page earlier today. It seems that it should be easier to find.

Coming inlate, I have used an excellent app called OziExplorer on my Android phone for navigation. Its at http://www.oziexplorer.com. As others have said, the app can upload GPX files from any source, but you will need to set up or buy area maps. It will sound an alarm to tell you when you need to turn on a track.

Inspired by Rick's comments about QR codes above, I decided to try them out with Wikiloc. Wow! It is FAST. With only three clicks, I can move a track from my computer to my phone and have it downloaded for off-line use. This is the method I'll be using from now on.

There are three steps that are prerequisites for making this method work:
1. Become a premium member of Wikiloc.​
2, Install the Wikiloc app on your phone.​
3. Allow the Wikiloc app to access your phone's camera: Settings--->Wikiloc--->Camera slider set to ON (green showing)​
camera.jpg

To move a selected track from Wikiloc on the web to the Wikiloc app on your phone:
1. On your computer, on the wikiloc.com page for the trail you want to move, tap the green Download button at the top right. A page with a QR code will appear. Leave that page open.
download.png qr.png

2. On your phone, in the Wikiloc App Explore window (globe icon bottom left), tap the camera icon that appears at the left end of the search bar.
search.jpg

3. Hold your phone in front of your computer screen so that the square that appears frames the QR code on your computer. Voila! The trail opens on your phone. It happens so fast that you hardly have time to figure out whether you're holding your phone up to the right spot!
QR frame.PNG

4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page on your phone and tap the slider "Save Trail."
IMG_5888.jpg IMG_5889.jpg

Now you are ready to follow the trail offline with your phone in airplane mode.

If there are other people in your group that want to use the same trail, they can follow the directions on this page to get a fast download on their own phones:

Last edited:
The QR code worked woth OSMand too. It was a snap! Very cool.

A problem with paper maps is they show you all sorts of interesting places to go but they don't show you where you are.
Ah, Rick.
That's what a brain is for.
:p

(I'm getting more skilled at using map apps, but still love paper maps. You can't tune out and just follow a blue dot on a line, but really have to pay attention to where you are...and think. They weigh little and require no recharging...)

Buen camino, Laurie
Try Map.me. You down load maps of the area you are in ahead of time in a wifi zone. You do not need to be connected to use the maps after that.

€83,-
Like you, I only wanted a system to check if I was not sure where I was, not given me directions all the time.
I use map.me and download open street maps for Spain or parts of it, depending which Camino. Open street maps are free and very accurate and you can zoom in to lots of details in cities etc.
The Dutch pilgrim association have all the klm files for all Camino routes on there website, just down load them all at one time and there there when you need them. Lots of other features on Map.me you can ignore.
When your not sure where you are just switch on map.me maps you will see the Camino in a think line and a mark shown your current location, hopefully not to far apart!
I use an iPhone and the above has worked well on various casinos.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Buen camino, Laurie

If it is only for navigating and not tracking, I think MAPS.ME is the easier one of those you mentioned. An even easier alternative is to download the free Camino Ninja App I made. The routes have been tracked serveral times and corrections are being made all the time as I walk all year round, every day.

Best
Andy

Last edited:
I would appreciate recommendations of a program, knowing that the only thing I want to be able to do is to follow a GPS track for a remote camino.

I have been using OSMAnd on an Android tablet for years. After one downloads the free maps, it works offline, i.e. no data charges during normal use. I like it. It also works on Apple IOS.

Hi, I have just discovered a problem with using maps.me for following the Camino de Levante. Apparently, some, if not all, of the track for the Levante which I downloaded from the forum resources have been redone and remarked for the Levante and can be found in wikiloc. I only noticed this while working my way through stage 9 of the Levante, where my marked track on maps.me is clearly on the opposite side of the highway from the described route. I can ask about this on the virtual camino thread for the Levante, but first I need some idea as to whether and how I need to move to a new map in order to follow the route. All that I know about wikiloc has just been learned by reading about half of this post, after which my mind went into brain freeze. I have downloaded the free version of wikiloc onto my iphone and am wondering what to do next. My preference would be to use the wikiloc tracks for individual stages, when necessary, but I don't know whether this might be possible. Any suggestions?

Welcome to my world, Albertagirl. :p

I asked the question because I wanted a phone app that I could use instead of my hand held Garmin GPS. Since by far the best collection of camino tracks is on wikiloc, and since I have always downloaded tracks from wikiloc to my computer and from there to my Garmin, I did have some basic working knowledge of wikiloc. So I have made the basic decision to forego maps.me, windymaps, OSM maps, etc and just focus on the wikiloc app. I will still have google maps, which I use all the time at home, but wikiloc will be where I put camino tracks. I am working on learning how to use it and will report back as things progress.

But for me, there was an enormous relief as I settled on one program, deleted all the other apps, and decided I would learn how to use wikiloc. I based that decision on the advice I got here in this thread. One thing is for sure, I am not willing/able/mentally strong enough to have more than one of these apps to flip back and forth to.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My preference would be to use the wikiloc tracks for individual stages, when necessary, but I don't know whether this might be possible. Any suggestions?
It's possible ... and easy. Do you know which trail you are trying to save on your phone? If so, try following these steps to see if they work for you:
  1. On your computer (on Wikiloc.com), find the track you want to download. Leave the page open.
  2. On your computer, look at the number of the track. This is given at the end of the URL and is usually 7 or 8 digits long. You may need to scroll to the end of the address bar on the top of your computer screen in order to see the number.
  3. On your phone, type that number into the search field at the top of the Explore window of the Wikiloc App. The matching track will come up.
  4. Tap on the track title.
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the trail page and slide over the "Save Trail" button. It will now show green and the wording will change to “Trail Saved.
If you want to find your trails when you get to Spain, open your Profile (bottom of the screen) and look in your "Saved Trails." Put your phone in airplane mode, and you can now follow the trail without needing wifi.

If you want to use the QR code method for downloading trails to your phone, you will need to have the paid version of Wikiloc.

The wealth of information on Wikiloc (comments by local walkers who have posted the tracks, variations that take one to nearby sites of interest, etc) have opened up a whole new world of walking in Spain for me. I hope you enjoy just as much!

Last edited:
Welcome to my world, Albertagirl. :p

I asked the question because I wanted a phone app that I could use instead of my hand held Garmin GPS. Since by far the best collection of camino tracks is on wikiloc, and since I have always downloaded tracks from wikiloc to my computer and from there to my Garmin, I did have some basic working knowledge of wikiloc. So I have made the basic decision to forego maps.me, windymaps, OSM maps, etc and just focus on the wikiloc app. I will still have google maps, which I use all the time at home, but wikiloc will be where I put camino tracks. I am working on learning how to use it and will report back as things progress.

But for me, there was an enormous relief as I settled on one program, deleted all the other apps, and decided I would learn how to use wikiloc. I based that decision on the advice I got here in this thread. One thing is for sure, I am not willing/able/mentally strong enough to have more than one of these apps to flip back and forth to.
@peregrina2000
I have used the downloaded camino tracks on maps.me to walk my caminos for the last several years: VdlP, Madrid, Invierno, and I still have on my iphone all the other camino tracks downloaded from the Dutch pilgrims' resource on the forum. It was one action and was very easy to do. I shall certainly retain maps.me to have continuing access to these. They also do some updates, but, apparently, not for the Levante, as I downloaded available updates before I began planning this camino. I know from a post on the virtual Levante thread how to access the Levante tracks, and from the post immediately above yours how to download wikiloc tracks to my iphone. What I don't know yet, and it is too basic for users of wikiloc to recognize the question, is: 1. How do I get wikiloc on my windows computer? I am told to do various things on my computer, then transfer them to my iphone. But when I enter wikilocs on the computer, it asks me to download the app from Google Play or from the Apple Store, but as far as I know I have never used either to download to my computer and I don't know what to do next? 2. What map should I use for wikilocs? Do I need to download this map to both my computer and my iphone, or just to the phone and only use wikiloc on my computer to find the tracks and record their numbers for transfer to my phone? 3. In your opinion, as an experienced user of wikiloc, do I have to pay for a service in order to get adequate maps for camino use? I look forward to having access to wikiloc for future caminos, as I have noticed that some tracks recorded by yourself and others of side trails and less popular camino routes, seem to be only available on wikiloc. But I am a total technical idiot, always trying to catch up to what I need for camino access. Thanks for helping.

Last edited:
@Albertagirl, I hope you don't mind me answering some of these questions along with peregrina2000.

1. How do I get wikiloc on my windows computer?
In whatever browser you are using (preferably Chrome for the auto-translation feature), go to https://www.wikiloc.com. Scroll down a bit, and right under the big counter that shows how many trails they currently have (18,859,523, at the moment), there is a search box. Use this to find your trail.
Or search on the map: https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/map.do?sw=34.95687270054878,-10.964281257446698&ne=44.41710959492731,2.6148203050533025&page=1
Make sure the the button near the top right is toggled green to "show map". The more you zoom in, the more trails will show.

2. What map should I use for wikilocs? Do I need to download this map to both my computer and my iphone, or just to the phone and only use wikiloc on my computer to find the tracks and record their numbers for transfer to my phone?
You download maps for offline use on your iPhone. I just use the computer to search for trails because the bigger screen gives me more of a view on the map when I am searching. You could do it all on your phone, skipping the computer entirely, if you wished.

3. In your opinion, as an experienced user of wikiloc, do I have to pay for a service in order to get adequate maps for camino use?
I think yes, it is well-worth the paid version, if only for one big reason: the ability to search on the map by what Wikiloc calls "passing area". This lets you put big circles on the map and find all the trails passing though both of the circles. It is a huge help in finding the trail that will serve you best.

Good luck - and ask away with more questions.
Elaine

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@Albertagirl, the way I am understanding your wishes is that you want to use wikiloc to download tracks that you will then use on the app that you already know best, maps.me. The wikiloc app will allow you to download the tracks but they are internal to that app only. It will not download the tracks to a file on your phone.

To do what you want to do you use a browser, even on your phone, to go to wikiloc.com to find the tracks you want and download them from there. However, you can only succeed in doing that if you have logged into the site with your account name. You can sign up for a free account.

I highly recommend that you use a computer to log into the wikiloc site as I expect that you can find the tracks that you download unto your computer a lot easier than you can could if you downloaded them from your phone's browser.

You want to use the Google Earth option in the download dialog to get the kml or kmz file formats that maps.me can use.

@islandwalker has been giving you instructions on downloading for use on wikiloc, not maps.me.

Last edited:
I have signed on and started to use wikiloc. It is already driving me nuts, but that is normal for me with a new app. I may request assistance later, but for now I am just fighting with it. I don't plan on paying for Premium in the near future, as I have no idea when I shall be able to travel, or when I shall feel that I need route markings to find my way on a particular route. At the moment, It is not enough fun for me to pay to use it.

Hooray - sounds like you are getting a good start. As Rick says above, you can download tracks onto your computer without having a paid account and move them to maps.me which you already know how to use.

Hooray - sounds like you are getting a good start. As Rick says above, you can download tracks onto your computer without having a paid account and move them to maps.me which you already know how to use.
I don't understand this. I thought that a track which an individual downloaded to wikiloc could only be accessed by someone who had paid for a Premium account?

I thought that a track which an individual downloaded to wikiloc could only be accessed by someone who had paid for a Premium account?
This is a good question. I just tried it by using a private window and establishing a new wikiloc account with a different email than my paid account. Using this free account, I was able to download a trail to my computer desktop and transfer it to maps.me. Is that what you are trying to do?

The paid account allows you to save trails on your phone directly within the Wikiloc app, but since you would rather use the trail on maps.me, I don't think you need that feature.

The paid account allows you to save trails on your phone directly within the Wikiloc app, but since you would rather use the trail on maps.me, I don't think you need that feature.
I have a free wikiloc account. Using the wikiloc app on my phone I can download from wikiloc's server my tracks and anybody else's tracks onto my phone (again, only to a wikiloc database, not to a file). I can also use the app to upload tracks from my phone to wikiloc's server in the cloud, the ones that I have created with the app (using its "Record" feature).

Last edited:
I thought that a track which an individual downloaded to wikiloc could only be accessed by someone who had paid for a Premium account?
No. You do need an account, and be signed in, but a free one will allow this. I have a free wikiloc account and have downloaded many tracks as KML files and use them with maps.me on my phone.

I have a free wikiloc account. Using the wikiloc app on my phone I can download from wikiloc's server my tracks and anybody else's tracks onto my phone (again, only to a wikiloc database, not to a file). I can also use the app to upload tracks that I have created with the app (using its "Record" feature).
Rick, with your free account, can you slide over the 'save track' button on a track page within the wikiloc app? When I set up a free account to try it out this morning, it would not save a track for me (within the app). I was able to download a track from the web page with the free account, though.

No. You do need an account, and be signed in, but a free one will allow this. I have a free wikiloc account and have downloaded many tracks as KML files and use them with maps.me on my phone.
When you do this, do you transfer the tracks from your computer to your phone, or do you make the entire transfer on the phone - ie, download the wikiloc track on the phone (from a browser?) and then move it onto maps.me. on the phone.

I'm playing around with maps.me right now trying to figure out the easiest way to do this.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I haven't tried it all on my phone. I always store on the computer and then email to my phone, but maybe I will try it.

I don't really know, because I don't understand any of it. I know that I already have a track for the Levante on maps.me, as part of the complete set of tracks for all the camino routes in Spain which I downloaded from the resources on this forum. Some of the routes have been changed, so some or all of these tracks do not record the current route of the Levante. But I don't know how the tracks on wikiloc maps are set up even if I can download them without getting a paid account. I don't know where there are changes in the routes, except that stage #9 is obvious, since the maps.me route is on the opposite side of the major highway from the current route from Albacete to La Roda. As I already have tracks on maps.me, I don't know how it would look if I tried to download other tracks on top of them, even if I could figure out how to do so. The file from the Dutch pilgrims' association is designed for people like me. Basically, it is just "click here to download klm files for all the routes." I occassionally find a bit of Dutch (of which I know not a single word) on maps.me, so I just compare it to English and my bits of German and ignore it. If someone could give me exact directions, along the lines of "click here" I could probably put JLW's Levante tracks on my phone. Otherwise, I doubt it. I can't even figure out how to use wikiloc, now that I have downloaded it.

Rick, with your free account, can you slide over the 'save track' button on a track page within the wikiloc app?
I just did this now as a test (that I was sure would work). I used a track I recorded Sunday that I did not upload because I didn't have wifi access at the time. It worked fine and the app changed from showing 4 tracks on my phone only to just 3.

If someone could give me exact directions, along the lines of "click here" I could probably put JLW's Levante tracks on my phone.

Is this the stage 9 track you are trying to download?

If so, you could try this (on your computer):
  1. Click on the green download button in the upper right.
  2. On the page that opens, in the grey tabs across the top of the file, click on Google Earth.This will get you a KML file that you can use on maps.me.
  3. Cllck on the green download button to get the file downloaded on your desktop.
From this point on, I think @C clearly or @Rick of Rick and Peg could give you instructions for getting it onto maps.me better than I can.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Albertagirl,

I think you sometimes feel overwhelmed with all of this like I do. I started this thread so that I could get good advice on which one app I should use with camino tracks. I don’t see any advantage in adding wikiloc if you are already used to maps.me. I chose wikiloc because that has always been the source of my GPS tracks. Now that I am going to use the phone and not my garmin GPS, I decided to use wikiloc as both the offline map base and the source of the tracks. I am learning, slowly, how to transfer a track that exists on wikiloc’s data base and transfer it to my wikiloc app, so I can pull it up on my wikiloc offline map of Spain. So, those are the two pieces you need — a source of GPS tracks, and an app with maps to transfer them to. By using wikiloc for both, I think it‘s easier for me. But it sounds like you already have tracks on maps.me, so I’m not sure what the advantage is. Your decision of course.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.