A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Shipping items to the Albergue

Karihughes

Camino(s) past & future
May/June 2019
Has anyone ever shipped a package containing trekking poles, pocket knife and other items that can’t be included in carry on luggage to a booked albergue in SJPdP?
Have you heard of this being done? I don’t want to check my pack because of a quick plane change in Paris. Also don’t want to have to buy new items on arrival. Is there a service that offers this?

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
Has anyone ever shipped a package containing trekking poles, pocket knife and other items that can’t be included in carry on luggage to a booked albergue in SJPdP?
Have you heard of this being done? I don’t want to check my pack because of a quick plane change in Paris. Also don’t want to have to buy new items on arrival. Is there a service that offers this?
If not the auberge then how about Poste Restante to the post office in SJPP?

1 RUE DE LA POSTE, 64220, ST JEAN PIED DE PORT, FRANCE.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
The general advice is never to ship anything from outside the EU to inside the EU (because nasty customs complications are likely) and try to avoid shipping anything across borders using the postal system (because of good chances of delays.)

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
If you are shipping from outside the EC then your stuff will end up in customs. Possibly forever.... Retrieval will be a amusing introduction to French bureaucracy.

If you have booked a through flight your luggage and your connection are the airlines problem, not yours.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 142 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 236 24.9%