Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Shipping Luggage From Home?

andeeb3

Past OR future Camino
Portugues
Hello!
My husband and I will be walking the Camino in June and will be traveling to Madrid and Barcelona afterward. We’d rather not carry the stuff we are taking on to Madrid on our Camino and was wondering if we could ship it from home to Santiago de Compostela or if anyone else had done something similar. Thank you!
Andee

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
andeeb3,
Welcome to the Forum.
It is complicated to ship from the US into Europe. However once you are in Spain it is much easier. The Spanish post, Correos has s good service. If you are starting your camino in France a luggage transport from Saint Jean Pied de Port is www.expressbourricot.com

Last edited:

trecile

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
PAST - Francés, Norte, Salvador, Portuguese
Hello!
My husband and I will be walking the Camino in June and will be traveling to Madrid and Barcelona afterward. We’d rather not carry the stuff we are taking on to Madrid on our Camino and was wondering if we could ship it from home to Santiago de Compostela or if anyone else had done something similar. Thank you!
Andee
Shipping from outside the EU is not a good idea. It could be stuck in Customs for months.
It's easy to send a suitcase with you "tourist" clothes from within Spain to Santiago de Compostela.

palmah

Past OR future Camino
Hello!
Andee
Hi Andee, if you go to the main Forum Page (Home) under "Pilgrim Topics Related to All Caminos" there is a heading "Traveling and Transport To/From/Along" the Camino which contais almost 4,000 threads. I'm sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for using the "search" function. Buen Camino!

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

trecile

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
PAST - Francés, Norte, Salvador, Portuguese
andeeb3,
Welcome to the Forum.
It is complicated to ship from the US into Europe. However once you are in Spain it is much easier. The Spanish post, Correos has a good service. If you are starting your camino in France another possibility is Bourcicot.
If you will be starting your Camino in St Jean Pied de Port the easiest way to send your luggage is via Express Bourricot. I've used them twice - it's a little more expensive that the post office, but even easier. You simply pay the fee at their office next to the Pilgrim's Office in SJPdP, they give you a tag to put on your suitcase, and you leave it at your accommodation in the morning, where they will pick it up.

The Austrian

Past OR future Camino
CF Nov 11, 2016
CF Oct 31, 2018
The very nice host of this website, Ivar, has (had) a luggage storage in Santiago.
Used his services twice, always perfect.

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
X
Hello!
Andee
Fly in with all your stuff. Send whatever you don’t need to any of the following:

Your hotel in Santiago
Your hotel in Madrid
Casa Ivar in Santiago

There are various transport services available. You don’t say where you’re flying into? Assuming it’s a big city in Spain I’d recommend the Spanish post office ‘correos’.

andeeb3

Past OR future Camino
Portugues
Fly in with all your stuff. Send whatever you don’t need to any of the following:

Your hotel in Santiago
Your hotel in Madrid
Casa Ivar in Santiago

There are various transport services available. You don’t say where you’re flying into? Assuming it’s a big city in Spain I’d recommend the Spanish post office ‘correos’.
Sorry, we’re flying into Porto, Portugal. Thank you for your help.

Camino Way Markers
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Just another option. Go shopping in Santiago - clothes are SUCH good quality in Spain/Portugal compared to what we find in the USA and the prices are great - plus I like supporting local economy. Spain also has the BEST shoes in the world. For what it costs you to ship it, you could probably re-suit yourself nicely.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 104 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads