• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Shipping Luggage to Santiago de Compostela for Camino Travel

andeeb3

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugues
Hello!
My husband and I will be walking the Camino in June and will be traveling to Madrid and Barcelona afterward. We’d rather not carry the stuff we are taking on to Madrid on our Camino and was wondering if we could ship it from home to Santiago de Compostela or if anyone else had done something similar. Thank you!
Andee

A selection of Camino Jewellery
andeeb3,
Welcome to the Forum.
It is complicated to ship from the US into Europe. However once you are in Spain it is much easier. The Spanish post, Correos has s good service. If you are starting your camino in France a luggage transport from Saint Jean Pied de Port is www.expressbourricot.com

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello!
My husband and I will be walking the Camino in June and will be traveling to Madrid and Barcelona afterward. We’d rather not carry the stuff we are taking on to Madrid on our Camino and was wondering if we could ship it from home to Santiago de Compostela or if anyone else had done something similar. Thank you!
Andee
Shipping from outside the EU is not a good idea. It could be stuck in Customs for months.
It's easy to send a suitcase with you "tourist" clothes from within Spain to Santiago de Compostela.

Hello!
Andee
Hi Andee, if you go to the main Forum Page (Home) under "Pilgrim Topics Related to All Caminos" there is a heading "Traveling and Transport To/From/Along" the Camino which contais almost 4,000 threads. I'm sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for using the "search" function. Buen Camino!

andeeb3,
Welcome to the Forum.
It is complicated to ship from the US into Europe. However once you are in Spain it is much easier. The Spanish post, Correos has a good service. If you are starting your camino in France another possibility is Bourcicot.
If you will be starting your Camino in St Jean Pied de Port the easiest way to send your luggage is via Express Bourricot. I've used them twice - it's a little more expensive that the post office, but even easier. You simply pay the fee at their office next to the Pilgrim's Office in SJPdP, they give you a tag to put on your suitcase, and you leave it at your accommodation in the morning, where they will pick it up.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The very nice host of this website, Ivar, has (had) a luggage storage in Santiago.
Used his services twice, always perfect.

Hello!
Andee
Fly in with all your stuff. Send whatever you don’t need to any of the following:

Your hotel in Santiago
Your hotel in Madrid
Casa Ivar in Santiago

There are various transport services available. You don’t say where you’re flying into? Assuming it’s a big city in Spain I’d recommend the Spanish post office ‘correos’.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Fly in with all your stuff. Send whatever you don’t need to any of the following:

Your hotel in Santiago
Your hotel in Madrid
Casa Ivar in Santiago

There are various transport services available. You don’t say where you’re flying into? Assuming it’s a big city in Spain I’d recommend the Spanish post office ‘correos’.
Sorry, we’re flying into Porto, Portugal. Thank you for your help.

Just another option. Go shopping in Santiago - clothes are SUCH good quality in Spain/Portugal compared to what we find in the USA and the prices are great - plus I like supporting local economy. Spain also has the BEST shoes in the world. For what it costs you to ship it, you could probably re-suit yourself nicely.

Are you flying in and out of Porto? If so, there is a hotel right across from the airport where they will keep your luggage while you travel, Park Hotel Aeropuerto.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back