• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Shoes in Logroño?

DuaneS

Time of past OR future Camino
April 4th from SJPDP - May 5, 2017 - Complete!
The shoes I started the Camino with are too small I believe in retrospect - I've been plagued by a few blisters since starting and need to look into getting some new shoes.

Can anyone recommend any stores in Logroño where I might be able to find something? Thanks.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The shoes I started the Camino with are too small I believe in retrospect - I've been plagued by a few blisters since starting and need to look into getting some new shoes.

Can anyone recommend any stores in Logroño where I might be able to find something? Thanks.

Sorry to hear...

You could try Decathlon
https://www.decathlon.es/es/store?store_id=PS_ES_37

And in city centre Calle Sagasta the K2
https://www.facebook.com/K2-logroño-507281412727043/

Good luck!!!

Yes I'd recommend the Decathlon; they're open until 10pm so you might even be able to sort something out tonight! It's on the outskirts of town, and I know Logrono isn't massive but I'd probably get a taxi...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks. I won't be there for another day or so, but just wanted some ideas on where to go when arriving.

Yes I'd recommend the Decathlon; they're open until 10pm so you might even be able to sort something out tonight! It's on the outskirts of town, and I know Logrono isn't massive but I'd probably get a taxi...

The housebrand for their shoes is good. They also sell Lowa and Salomon. And extra bonus is that when you go now your feet will be wider than in the morning due to the heat and exercise.

There is a sporting goods store near one of the main plazas in Logrono where I bought a pair of Keen boots to replace a cheap pair of boots that weren't working for me. Ask at an albergue or a shopkeeper where it is located. The staff were friendly and helpful. Sorry I don't have the name of the store.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There is a sporting goods store near one of the main plazas in Logrono where I bought a pair of Keen boots to replace a cheap pair of boots that weren't working for me. Ask at an albergue or a shopkeeper where it is located. The staff were friendly and helpful. Sorry I don't have the name of the store.
keens are excellent have worn them on all my caminos and never a blister.

There is a sporting goods store near one of the main plazas in Logrono where I bought a pair of Keen boots... Sorry I don't have the name of the store.
I think it is an Planeta Agua store you are thinking of! Avenida de Navarra 8-10 I went there to find a new walking tip for my trekking poles.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There is a Decathlon store in Logrono. It is located at:
Centro Comercial Parque Rioja, Calle Prado Viejo, 68 ;
26008 Logroño, La Rioja, La Rioja, Spain

Hours:
Monday - Saturday: 9:30AM–10PM

Phone: +34 941 51 94 56

As I recall, it is located slightly out of the city in a light industrial area where there are other "big box" stores. You will need to take a bus or taxi to get there. But it is only a few Km out of the downtown. If others in your group, or tag alongs need something, share a taxi...

I hope this helps.

Yes I think you are referring to the K2 I mentioned earlier.
https://www.yelp.es/biz/deportes-k2-logrono

Hope the OP comes back to report if he found some good shoes.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.