• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Shopping (some regret)

Diceallion

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino goal mid september 2019
Hi all, ill make this quick and simple. I completed the camino last year and if there is 1 thing I regret is that I didn't shop enough for memorabilia. Obviously I was conscious of the added weight that needed to be lugged.

That being said, I've struggled searching for a online well reputable store that sells almost everything we've all seen along our journey, does anyone have any suggestions please.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi all, ill make this quick and simple. I completed the camino last year and if there is 1 thing I regret is that I didn't shop enough for memorabilia. Obviously I was conscious of the added weight that needed to be lugged.

That being said, I've struggled searching for a online well reputable store that sells almost everything we've all seen along our journey, does anyone have any suggestions please.
Any recommendations for a coffee table book?

There are lots of Etsy stores selling Camino memorabilia, and a Facebook group called Camino Marketplace.
On Etsy you can sort by seller location or "ship to."

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Dutch friends (they met us in Ourense as we were on the Sanabrés in 2018) who introduced the idea of a Camino gave us a book published in 2001 by the Xunta de Galicia, Consular of Culture. All in spanish. They gave it to us after we finished the Francés in 2014. Even though the images are from the 1990s, they still held true for us on both Caminos.498B2CBE-C17C-4D49-A25B-34B68B0C22B5.jpeg

I have obtained a mask, a badge and my Compostela through Ivan Renke shipped from Santiago to my home in Missouri. And a guidebook? Maybe ... he has a fine selection. Everything neatly packed and in perfect order. I trust Ivar for his prices -- more than fair -- and his impeccable service and reliability, Closer to Spring 2021 and a reliable-ish start date for my fourth Camino, I schehall ck out more of his offerings on line. Two thumbs up and a big heart of gratitude, Ivar!😍

Same thing happened to me, I passed on some souvenirs that was specific to the Portuguese Way and thought I'd find them in Santiago. Spent a lot of time in Santiago looking but never found it. Even asked one of the stores and was told that some shops design their own t-shirts and souvenirs.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I also have bought some of the masks from Sargadelos. I think they were (local Galacian) pagan masks used to ward off various things (Against those who want to rob us.). They also had smaller pendants that could be worn on a necklace.👣 :D :cool:
mask-n6-curuxan.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Where did you purchase this? I’d love one for my frustrated walking companion
It was given to me by a dear friend in BC, Canada. I believe the Canadian Company of Pilgrims were selling them to raise money for a refugio they support.
Next time we're in contact I'll ask if they have any more.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Basically what I am looking for is a license plate to put in front of my car and the only nice one I found was on zazzle and with shipping its almost $70. A little ridiculous if you ask me.
Also looking for some bracelets and wooden rosaries.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Love, love, loves this store in Pamplona! They will mail you what you want! 💛💙
Caminoteca is high in my personal list of wonders. In 2014, when I was freezing, I went in and told them I was so so cold and they sold me a wonderful fleece to wear. I kept wearing it for several years, until I wore it out.

Attachments

• 788A829A-AEAB-48B2-8B92-1F5687CC4030.jpeg
    788A829A-AEAB-48B2-8B92-1F5687CC4030.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • EDEA3D05-4C2B-4C66-B7F0-2F56B824D930.jpeg
    EDEA3D05-4C2B-4C66-B7F0-2F56B824D930.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 85616DB6-699A-4DCA-A889-8BEA89D4A2F8.jpeg
    85616DB6-699A-4DCA-A889-8BEA89D4A2F8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Not sure if these pics will turn out I’m not good at this. But the cook book is excellent (I don’t cook but it looks good on the table!) and the other is also. Author has drawn pics throughout.

I just saw this now. As has been mentioned above, you can always make your own coffee table book from your camino. I did that after my 2016 and 2018 caminos.

I also have two professionally edited and published coffee table books:
The Pilgrim Route to Santiago by Brian and Marcus Tate, photographs by Pablo Keller, published by Phaidon in 1987 (ISBN 0 7148 2425 9) That is true to the camino as I first walked it, although it may be a bit dated now.
Being a Pilgrim: Art and Ritual on the Medieval Routes to Santiago by Kathleen Ashley and Marilyn Deegan, published by Lund Humphries in 2009 (ISBN 9780853319894) is a little more recent.

Thirty Days on the Camino is a very nice book, but it isn't of the size that I would associate with a coffee table book. A couple of artistic camino books of a similar size are:
Walking in Watercolor: An Artist's Pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago by Jennifer Lawson with Patricia Lennon, self-published in 2017 (ISBN 9780692860618)
Camino by Peter Coffman, published by Wintergreen Studio Press in 2017 (ISBN 9780991872275)

Finally, a couple of coffee table sized books I don't have (yet)
The Roads to Santiago: The Medieval Pilgrim Routes Through France And Spain To Santiago De Compostela by Derry Brabbs, published by Frances Lincoln in 2008 (ISBN 978-0711227064) is one I could have sworn I possessed but doesn't appear to be on my bookshelf.
1000 Miles: Walking and Painting the Way of Saint James by Sharon Bamber, self-published in 2019, I believe (ISBN 978-1-7771339-0-0) is another book of paintings of the Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back