Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Short daily walk

julieb

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo
Hello
My daughter and I are planning to walk the Primitivo in her school summer holiday. In order to make it enjoyable, I am planning on walking a maximum of 7 miles a day. Are there sufficiently regular Alberges along the route to support this plan? Many thanks, Julie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello
My daughter and I are planning to walk the Primitivo in her school summer holiday. In order to make it enjoyable, I am planning on walking a maximum of 7 miles a day. Are there sufficiently regular Alberges along the route to support this plan? Many thanks, Julie

I found a very nice guide to the Primitivo online that lists all of the albergues town by town. I am not at my own computer so I can't send it now but I remember it was easy to find. I did most of the Primitivo last year and I do not recall exactly but I seem to remember passing through lots of towns.

Hello

Julieb:

There is a website www.gronze.com that list all the Camino's.
The site also list suggested distances each day and accommodations along the way. If you look at each sections you can see alternate stopping points with accommodation. This should help you plan your walk.

Ultreya,
Joe

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I haven't done the Primitivo, but I tried to set up stages using my Buen Camino app as close as possible to your 7 miles per day requirement, and it wasn't possible. There's several days in the middle where 10 to 13 mile days are unavoidable.
How old is your daughter? You might think that 13 miles is a really long walk, but after you have been on the Camino for a week it might become quite doable for you. I met a French family this summer on the Norte with a son and daughter aged 8 and 11 who were regularly walking 15 - 20 miles per day. Abd the kids were running around and playing in the afternoons!
If you really need to walk such short stages I'd recommend the Frances, where the cities and towns are closer together.
Here's the stages that I came up with
Screenshot_20181229-084021_Buen Camino.jpg

The Primitivo is a very tough walk and does not get easy until after Lugo. The first leg from Oviedo to Escamplero is only 12.74 klms but it is still a difficult climb. Pola Allande to Berducedo is extremely difficult as are many other legs.
i would suggest that if you have doubts about your daughters ability to walk the longer distances she will have even more problems with the continual climbs on the Primitivo. I would say that you should consider the CF from Sarria to Santiago. This is only 100kms and has lots of Albergues.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello

Short Answer No. I walked the Primitivo November 2018 and as the name suggests it’s primitive ....ok for the nay sayers primitivo means original, but ithis route is devoid, in many areas, of any accomodation or anywhere for supplies. Maybe in the summer it’s ‘more touristy’ but my experience was the quietest two weeks of my life. For the first 4 days I walked no less than 14.4 k’s before I found somewhere to stop for the night. 14k’s sounds piddily to most experienced Camino walkers,I imagine but it’s fairly unforgiving for the inexperienced. Avg. walk 20ks Given this was my first Camino and I walked alone it was tough. It’s not so shocking walking a flat, even surface - throw a pack on and navigate hills that are seemingly sometimes endless, for me, distance then seemed harder to conquer. This is not everyone’s experience. I’m a regular walker in the mountains, this route didn’t compare somehow. I can honestly say I would like to do it again, but I set a challenge for myself and it certainly was. I used the ‘Wisely’ Primitivo app a purple icon/white shell and flicked between it and the gronze app., for alternate accommodation if the municipales were shut. For a winter camino though, I’d no real problem. It’s so beautiful and totally doable,definitely not That hard. But you do have to keep ‘supplies’ in your pack as you go because shops are few and Far between and not always open. ‘This is no coffee club crawl’ Enjoy Buen camino

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back