• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Short distance out of Pamplona

Lmsundaze

Time of past OR future Camino
CF (2016), CP (2017)
I am starting my Camino next April in Pamplona. I need to start out with the shortest possible distances. Where are the closest places I can stay for the first and second night? I would like to keep my distances for these two days to 10k or less per day. Doesn't need to be an albergue, hotel or casa rural or anything fine. Thanks for helping me!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Cuiz Menor is 5.1k and then Zariquiegui is a further 6.2k (total of 11.3k). The later has the advantage of being at the foot of the Alto de Perdon so you are fresh when starting the climb. Murazabel is then 8.7k from Zariguiegui. There is a new albergue there which looks nice and someone who stayed there last year said they enjoyed it. Obanos is a further 1.8k (about a further 4.5k if you go to visit the church at Eunate on the way), with Puerta la Reina 4.4k after Obanos. All nice places to stay.

I am starting my Camino next April in Pamplona. I need to start out with the shortest possible distances. Where are the closest places I can stay for the first and second night? I would like to keep my distances for these two days to 10k or less per day. Doesn't need to be an albergue, hotel or casa rural or anything fine. Thanks for helping me!
Hola!

Al has already gave you excellent info but maybe check this site too:
http://www.gronze.com/camino-de-santiago/caminos/guia-del-camino-frances
There are maps with distances between places with accomodations and links to albergues (sometimes with photos) with all the info you might need. Hope that helps. Happy planning!

Ultreia!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Try looking at this online guide, Gronze.com It give a list of accommodations along all the Camino's and distances between them.

Hope this helps.

Ultreya,
Joe

To do some planning it is helpful to have a guidebook (Ivar who runs this forum has an online store - see above) that will show the distances, and there are also plenty of apps and online websites with maps and accommodation lists.

Taken from Wise Pilgrim app - suggest you cross check on the Gronze site here: http://www.gronze.com/camino-de-santiago/caminos/guia-del-camino-frances

4.6km Cizur Menor - Albergue de la Orden de Malta, Albergue Familia Roncal
Then 6.6km to Zariquiegui - Albergue San Andres, La Posada de Ardogi
6.1km to Uterga - Albergue Camino del Perdon (and double private rooms)
2.7km to Muruzabal - Albergue El Jardin de Muruzabal
1.6km to Obanos - Albergue
3.00km to Punta La Reina - lots

There are also two hotels in Cizur Major, also a Casa Rural at Astrain.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, some other pilgrims give you already great advice. The only thing I need to do is wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Lots of websites to help you. My fave you get to by googling "camino eroski". It's in Spanish but super easy to figure out. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll find the info you are looking for. Albergure now on top of the hill where there used to only be a tiny shop would be my choice.

We stayed in Zairiquiegui, the albergue up the road on the left, not straight ahead. We had our first really fun evening there as the alberguistes put us all on the same table to eat and we all chatted in a variety of languages. I loved it!

I would suggest you walk the 12km to Zaraquiqui .
It makes the next day to Puerte la Reina enjoyable , also only 12km
Then the next day 18km to the lovely La Casa Magica in Villatuerta.
By then mate you are over the jet lag and the feet are just getting itchy.
The distances will then increase.
Have a great camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not the SHORTEST out of pamplona, but not super far, and very doable, and a really nice place to stay, is Uterga....... Maybe 17 km? Certainly not a "tough" day.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back