• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Short way to Fene or around The Ria?

Knud The Dudu

Time of past OR future Camino
2012 leon - SdC
2013 Porto - SdC
2015 Ferrol - Finisterre ( camino Ingles )
:cool: Hi, Would You suggest to take The short way over the bridge from ferrol to Fene, Or to take The walk around The ria passing Neda? The thing is I d like to have some Time for Pontedeume.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I went by Fene, and if I were to walk the CI in the future, I think I would do the same again.

We went the long way round on Sunday, and for our first day on the trail going from Ferrol to Pontedeume felt *very* long. BUT I would say it was worth it - partly because it gets you into the swing of doing longish stages and helps you find your rhythm, partly for the sense of completeness of doing the whole Way, not skipping a bit, but mainly because of the fantastic sense of achievement you get when you get up on to the hills and look back and see just how far you've walked, up one side of the estuary and down the other.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I took the long way! So glad and I liked the big red bus! Albergue with the view

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back