• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

shortening the le Puy route, lengthening the Camino Frances.

jamok11

Time of past OR future Camino
March-June (2013)
I plan to begin my camino in late March or early April of this upcoming year, and I would like to walk a distance that is a few weeks longer than the Camino Frances, but not nearly as long as the entire le Puy route. Lectoure France looked like a good small town along the le Puy route that is a good distance from St. Jean to begin, and I was wondering what everyones thoughts were on this starting spot, as well as any tips for places to stay there and further down the road towards St. Jeans. Thanks for any advice!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Lectoure is a nice hill town. I stayed at CH La Mouline de Belin, which is a new CH located in an old mill, on the way into town. HIghly recommended. The next day you can continue on via La Romieu if you like. More details of the towns and the lodging in my blog, link below.

Lectoure is an old regional capital and it shows. It's less than a city, more than a small town, just buzzy enough. Great idea!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi,
Lectoure is a lovely town with plenty of accommodation but I don't know how easy it would be to get to in order to start your camino from there. Moissac is two days walk before Lectuore and might be an easier option as a place to start as it has a train connection etc. It is also well worth visiting. Depends on if you can spare two extra days.

Anna

You know, it seems a shame to walk the dull part of the Le Puy route and skip the part with the splendid scenery (although, given the time of year you plan to walk, it would still be cold up on the plateaus). But have you thought about walking from Le Puy to Figeac, and then taking a train from there to SJPP to continue in Spain?

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back