• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Shorter stages on the CI

Gary5wift

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese September 2018
Hi,
I am over 60 and unfortunately I have damaged lungs and a pacemaker. I'm currently working to improve my overall fitness and lung capacity by walking regularly.
Next year I hope to complete my first Camino and have chosen the Camino Ingles as one of the shorter routes. I hope to be able to manage a max of 16km/10miles a day. Can those who've walked this route advise if accommodation is available at suitable intervals to facilitate this or alternatively if camping is possible along the route.
Thank you in advance for any info you can provide.
Kind Regards
Gary

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Gary and welcome to the Forum!

Please check out this thread: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/our-slow-camino-inglés-may-2015.34739/#post-319609

@Tia Valeria has good information on how she broke up her stages to create short days.

Please note, though, that the route has changed and no longer goes by Bar Julia. The Wise Pilgrim app and the CSJ guide (https://www.csj.org.uk/planning-your-pilgrimage/csj-guides-and-updates/) will have updated information on towns.

Enjoy all the planning and Buen Camino!
Faith

Hi Gary and welcome to the Forum!

Please check out this thread: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/our-slow-camino-inglés-may-2015.34739/#post-319609

@Tia Valeria has good information on how she broke up her stages to create short days.

Please note, though, that the route has changed and no longer goes by Bar Julia. The Wise Pilgrim app and the CSJ guide will have updated information on towns.

Enjoy all the planning and Buen Camino!
Faith
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction :) xx

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You already have the link to our 2015 Camino Inglés on the forum. (Thank you @natefaith)
We also walked in 2011 and the stages were basically the same.
Ferrol harbour to Hostal Zahara (C Pardo Bajo, not the one facing the river). 3kms
Hostal Zahara to Hotel Kensington Narón. 12.8kms
Hotel Kensington to Pontedeume (Cafe bar Norte) 18kms. This distance was why we stayed at Cabañas in 2015 - a shorter distance and also a warm up next morning for the hill.
Pontedeume to Miño (albergue). 12kms. (No sleeping bags with us in 2015 so we went to the B&B O Cantino)
Miño to Betanzos. 13.5kms
Betanzos to Bar Julia - approx 13kms but pick up for O Meson Novo is now Leiro/Presedo a shorter walk.
Bar Julia to O Meson Novo. 13.75kms As the route no longer passes Bar Julia the overall distance has changed but is probably similar from the new drop off point (Leiro/Presedo). Note that the pick up and return is now only for people who stay 2 nights at O Meson Novo.
O Meson Novo to Cafe Bar O Cruceiro, Calle de Poulo. 13.6kms (Pick up and return for 3rd night at O Meson Novo and return next morning. I am not sure if this still could be done. In 2015 we took a taxi from the bar to Ordes and back.)
Calle de Poulo to Sigueiro. 12kms
Sigueiro to Santiago. 18kms, but this is now shorter with the latest route changes.

You can read more in the blog Return to the Camino posts for May 2011 Camino Inglés
and for 2015 in the blog Camino 2015, one post for June and the rest under July 2015

I am so glad we walked this route for my first Camino, and my last :)
Buen Camino

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back