• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Should i or shouldn't i walk on Easter 2021 ? Northern route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larky1888

Time of past OR future Camino
Easter 2020
Hey everyone: i am an single Irish fellow who had to cancel last years trip because of cv19. I have rescheduled and booked flights from Dublin to Biarritz for easter 2021: planning 2 walk from irun to Bilbao before flying back to Dublin. Should i proceed with trip as planned and what is expected ?? Thanks in advance.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well, it is ~ 8 days walk, you are around a bunch of airports and tickets back to Ireland aren't usually that expensive in case of some lockdown/crisis. I believe most of Europe will vaccinate the risk groups by then so I would go for it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey everyone: i am an single Irish fellow who had to cancel last years trip because of cv19. I have rescheduled and booked flights from Dublin to Biarritz for easter 2021: planning 2 walk from irun to Bilbao before flying back to Dublin. Should i proceed with trip as planned and what is expected ?? Thanks in advance.
Without the benefit of a crystal ball I can't help.

- Follow the official rules and laws from your own country and those from Spain. It changes every week.

- Take into consideration that not all risk groups in Europe will be vaccinated by then. And even if that will be the case there is always a risk that you will spread the virus to the more vulnerable.

- And then I refer to my first sentence. What we want to do and what we can do are two very different things. If there is a lesson to learn from this last year than it is just that.

Well, it is ~ 8 days walk, you are around a bunch of airports and tickets back to Ireland aren't usually that expensive in case of some lockdown/crisis. I believe most of Europe will vaccinate the risk groups by then so I would go for it.
Yeah mate hoping i can do it :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
No. You don't know if you are going to be vaccinated. You do not know if every person in every town and village you pass will be vaccinated. Just because someone is not in a risk group and wants to get vaccinated but hasn't been able to it doesn't mean that can't get seriously ill or die because you may have the virus and be asymptomatic or that even though you are vaccinated it doesn't mean you can't spread the virus. This has not been determined yet, Of course we cannot protect everyone. If by summer when there "should" be enough vaccines for everyone and someone has said they refuse to take the vaccine than all bets are off. If they acquire the virus then they have no one to blame but themselves and definitely not you. Please wait.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Even with a vaccination we are still capable of passing on the virus. We have been told that mask wearing and social distancing will still be the protocol for some time to come.
The fact that you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you should. It is a journey still very much in progress. These sort of threads ask the same question...Please wait.

Vacination and mask wearing aside, I have been trying to get home to castaneda for the last 5 months and at my last attempt I was told there is a state of emergency declared in Spain till May with severly restricted travel you may find it difficult to move around, even masked and vacinated.

If anyone knows any different I would love to know, I miss living on the Camino. At the moment it apears that BREXIT has not made things easier. Good luck with your plans Bien Camino.

Can we lock this thread before someone starts to ripping the arguments above into pieces and it will end up like many other threads here before aka pointless arguments about covid and absolute morality. I believe there will be no real contribution to this topic. I am sorry @Larky1888 , but that's how it has been unfortunately ending up here lately :/

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back