• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Should I post 3rd or 4th Covid Vaccine Shot when applying for QRcode?

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marbe2

Time of past OR future Camino
2015-2023 walked all or part of CF 11 times
So last September ‘21, I applied for QR code with Vaccines from 2/21 and early 3/21. Two weeks before we left we got a third shot circa 8/30/21 However, when I applied for the QR code only two dates were necessary, so I used the initial dates. Now Spain requires 3 dates. Recently, I received a 4th vaccine jab as we are flying in less than 4 weeks. Should I use the initial two dates and the 3rd shot,or use the 4th shot….Or, should I start with with 2nd shot and add 3rd and 4th? If I do not include both of the original two previously recorded dates from the last QR code will I create a problem? Anyone know if previous QR codes are correlated with new QR applications?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Keep a complete and updated list. My county health department has all my records and I can access them on line, anywhere.

Now Spain requires 3 dates. Recently, I received a 4th vaccine jab as we are flying in less than 4 weeks. Should I use the initial two dates and the 3rd shot,or use the 4th shot….Or, should I start with with 2nd shot and add 3rd and 4th?
You make a number of assumptions that are not relevant for the SpTH form that must be filled out in order to obtain the required QR code for flying to Spain.

I checked the current requirements in the SpTH app today for a traveller from the USA. Since you don't have an EU DCC or equivalent, you do not upload your vaccination documents. Instead:
  • You fill in your vaccination data manually.
  • You must choose the option "Other Certificate".
  • You then have two options: Complete regimen and Booster.
  • You choose Booster.
  • You enter the Date of last dose administered and the Country issuing the certificate. That's all you can enter.
  • You Validate.
Since you are not able to upload an EU DCC or equivalent, the system performs no checks on your vaccination documents. Unlike the owners of EU certificates or equivalents who receive a Fast Control QR, you receive a Document Control QR. Checks, if any, of your vaccination documentation will be done visually before boarding in the USA and after disembarkation in Spain.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@Kathar1na I didn't realize that now Spain required 3 vaccines, as per initial post. Is this true? I only qualified this week for my booster as I was a bit late with the initial vaccines. I leave in a week and would rather not get the booster this late in the game as I reacted not greatly last time. Would love to hear from you on this. Gracias! Oh and I'm coming from Canada.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
No, it is not true.
Oh thank you for your prompt reply!! I started having a bit of a panic feeling....I am finalizing my plans, my pack etc, and feeling a bit overwhelmed with all I have yet to do so this is a big relief. Thanks again.

For me, a booster shot is required as my initial 2 doses were completed in Early March 2021…which would be more than 365 from days when I will enter Spain in late April. So I am correct..it is not wrong! Whether one needs a booster depends upon when you received your second shot as I understand it. I am somewhat immune compromised, which is the reason I recently obtained a fourth jab.

For Clarification From Spanish Travel health.

As of 1 February 2022, vaccination certificates issued by the competent authorities of the country of origin shall be accepted as valid 14 days after the date of administration of the last dose of the complete vaccination schedule (primary vaccination), provided that no more than 270 days have elapsed since the date of administration of the last dose of said vaccination schedule. Thereafter, the vaccination certificate issued by the competent
authority of the country of origin must reflect the administration of a booster dose. These certificates will be considered valid from the day the booster dose is administered. Complete vaccination schedules are defined as those established in the COVID-19 vaccination Strategy in Spain.

You make a number of assumptions that are not relevant for the SpTH form that must be filled out in order to obtain the required QR code for flying to Spain.

I checked the current requirements in the SpTH app today for a traveller from the USA. Since you don't have an EU DCC or equivalent, you do not upload your vaccination documents. Instead:
  • You choose Booster.
  • You enter the Date of last dose administered and the Country issuing the certificate. That's all you can enter.
  • You Validate.
Since you are not able to upload an EU DCC or equivalent, the system performs no checks on your vaccination documents. Unlike the owners of EU certificates or equivalents who receive a Fast Control QR, you receive a Document Control QR. Checks, if any, of your vaccination documentation will be done visually before boarding in the USA and after disembarkation in Spain.
I am not sure about two things. Do I print out the form and fill it in manually? Who validates it?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
For me, a booster shot is required as my initial 2 doses were completed in Early March 2021…which would be more than 365 from days when I will enter Spain in late April. So I am correct..it is not wrong! Whether one needs a booster depends upon when you received your second shot as I understand it. I am somewhat immune compromised, which is the reason I recently obtained a fourth jab.

For Clarification From Spanish Travel health.

As of 1 February 2022, vaccination certificates issued by the competent authorities of the country of origin shall be accepted as valid 14 days after the date of administration of the last dose of the complete vaccination schedule (primary vaccination), provided that no more than 270 days have elapsed since the date of administration of the last dose of said vaccination schedule. Thereafter, the vaccination certificate issued by the competent
authority of the country of origin must reflect the administration of a booster dose. These certificates will be considered valid from the day the booster dose is administered. Complete vaccination schedules are defined as those established in the COVID-19 vaccination Strategy in Spain.
Can you tell me where we need to go online to apply for a credential? I just had my 4th jab and plan to arrive in Spain on May 4? Thank you.

Can you tell me where we need to go online to apply for a credential? I just had my 4th jab and plan to arrive in Spain on May 4? Thank you.
You can buy a credential from the Camino Forum store, the Pilgrim's Office in St Jean Pied de Port, most large cities on the Camino, or from your country's Camino association. You can find a list here.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

• You choose Booster.
  • You Validate.
I also just got a second booster and will enter Spain within a month. Thanks for posting this. You answered questions that I didn’t even know I had. 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back