A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

SHOUTING! - Sorry I meant Shouting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata.
I've noticed an increasing tendency TO POST MESSAGES IN CAPITALS!!!!

As using capitals in text is the equivalent of SHOUTING it's getting very noisy round here.

Maybe some forum members are not familiar with this convention. It's pretty universal. Regardless, could I make a plea for polite, non capitalised, text? Please?

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
GR10 HENDAYE - BANYULS SUR MERE 600+ MILES 2002 WITH MY SON.
ABERGAVENNY - BEAUPREAU TWIN TOWN 2009
ENGLISH SOUTH WEST COASTAL PATH 630 MILES 2010.
LE PUY EN VELAY -SANTIAGO - MUXIA - FINISTERRE 2011 1,000+ MILES
ABERGAVENNY WALES - MONT ST MICHEL - ST JEAN PdP - CAMINO FRANCES FRANCE - FINISTERRE 2013 1,400+ MILES.
SEVILLA - SANTIAGO VIA DE LA PLATA 2014
LISBON - PORTO - SANTIAGO - MUXIA - FINISTERRE CAMINO PORTUGUESE. 2016.
CAMINO DE LEVANTE PLANNED 2017.
I've noticed an increasing tendency TO POST MESSAGES IN CAPITALS!!!!

As using capitals in text is the equivalent of SHOUTING it's getting very noisy round here.

Maybe some forum members are not familiar with this convention. It's pretty universal. Regardless, could I make a plea for polite, non capitalised, text? Please?
hello kanga,
I am sure this is not done is anyway to cause you any distress to you or your ear drum, and may I offer my total unreserved apologies on behalf of all fellow guilty message posters................ear plugs are in the post, free of charge.
very best regards keith.

Advertisment

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata.
Yes - I've just tried to edit the post but it does not give me the option of editing the title. Sorry.

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
Who makes that rule? Better to eliminate the all caps in things like IMHO, except when spelling words has become too tedious to the elderly. LMAO LOL

Alyssa

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2014)
Norte, Finisterre, Salvador, Primitivo (2015)
Thanks Kanga. Every email from my aunt is in all caps and I can barely stand to read them!

NicoZ

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
You guys now all caps has nothing to do with font size?

The rule against all caps is part of the package of rules. Use the odd space. Use periods,question marks and maybe even commas. Line spaces. Paragraphs.

Youguysnowallcapshasnothingtodowithfontsize?Theruleagainstallcapsispartofthepackageofrules.Usetheodd space.Useperiods,questionmarksandmaybeevencommas.Linespaces.Paragraphs.

Camino(s) past & future
GR10 HENDAYE - BANYULS SUR MERE 600+ MILES 2002 WITH MY SON.
ABERGAVENNY - BEAUPREAU TWIN TOWN 2009
ENGLISH SOUTH WEST COASTAL PATH 630 MILES 2010.
LE PUY EN VELAY -SANTIAGO - MUXIA - FINISTERRE 2011 1,000+ MILES
ABERGAVENNY WALES - MONT ST MICHEL - ST JEAN PdP - CAMINO FRANCES FRANCE - FINISTERRE 2013 1,400+ MILES.
SEVILLA - SANTIAGO VIA DE LA PLATA 2014
LISBON - PORTO - SANTIAGO - MUXIA - FINISTERRE CAMINO PORTUGUESE. 2016.
CAMINO DE LEVANTE PLANNED 2017.
Hola Keith - I think you have deliberately chosen the smallest font available. I had to get out the magnifying glass to read it!!! Cheers
hello st Michel 2,

this font size was not chosen just for its size but also it demands good eyesight and concentration, I was told it is new times roman whisper font. I am in total agreement with the redhaired lady from Australia size is not important, silence is golden compared to the isley brothers hit song of 1959.................................

You know you make me wanna shout (shout)
Look my hand's jumpin' (shout)
Look my heart's thumpin' (shout)
Throw my head back (shout)
Come on now (shout)
Don't forget to say you will (shout)
Yeah, don't forget to shout (shout)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

you can hear a pin drop these words are so quiet.
if you have problems reading this post then maybe specsavers is your next port of call ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................cap that.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
You guys now all caps has nothing to do with font size?

The rule against all caps is part of the package of rules. Use the odd space. Use periods,question marks and maybe even commas. Line spaces. Paragraphs.

Youguysnowallcapshasnothingtodowithfontsize?Theruleagainstallcapsispartofthepackageofrules.Usetheodd space.Useperiods,questionmarksandmaybeevencommas.Linespaces.Paragraphs.
And Ivar has also provided bold and italic and even bold italic and lots of pretty colours........:D:D:D

Guys - I know everyone wants their posts to stand out but please let that be by superb writing and useful information and insights.

The use of multi colours and excessive use of capitals, bold and italic etc is discouraged. Please use these options sparingly if you use them at all.

Again if you wish to report posts which try and stand out just by lurid typography please feel free to do so.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Guys - I know everyone wants their posts to stand out but please let that be by superb writing and useful information and insights.

The use of multi colours and excessive use of capitals, bold and italic etc is discouraged. Please use these options sparingly if you use them at all.

Again if you wish to report posts which try and stand out just by lurid typography please feel free to do so.

Thank you.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply excessive use of these, but occasional to make a point clear. I just 'prettied' up the post to show the possibilities were there. Mea Culpa.

Sraaen

Steven Raaen
Camino(s) past & future
Via Podiensis (Le Puy - Pamplona) [2013]
Via Turonensis (Tours - SJPdP) [2013]
Camino Frances (SJPdP - SdC) [2013]
Via Tolosana (Montpellier - Pau) [2015]
Camino del Norte (Irun - SdC) [2015]
This thread could be a case study in a textbook on passive aggression. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%