• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Show me your tattoo

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Here's my Camino tattoo

Attachments

• 20180723_214249.jpg
    20180723_214249.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 453
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I got my tattoo on the sight of pain that gave me the most trouble on my first Camino, a scallop shell on my heel. I had to wait 2 years to get it though as it took that long for the area to heal up, the blister that developed there was over 3cm in diameter and ate its way down to the bone. Whenever I see that tattoo it reminds me to grease my feet before I start walking. Never had a bister since.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm starting my camino Sept 8 and excited but nervous. I have an appointment in Santiago to get a tattoo to remember my camino by. Show me your tattoo to see what inspired you!
I've no tattoo yet, but I'm very interested where you're going to get it ;). Please tell me or write me a pn.

It's strange, I never ever wanted a tattoo so far, but I know I want one, when arriving in SdC first time! I even already know, how it's supposed to look and it's going to be on my left hand shoulder!
You have an appointment already and haven't started yet?
The tattoo must be an important part of your adventure.
It's the same for me, I've no idea why, but I also already know, what kind of flip flops I want to wear, when arriving at the cathedral of SdC. Whoever will take a picture then and I hate picures to be taken of me o_O - there'll be flip flops on!

I never ever wear flip flops, especially not at the end of October or the beginning of November. But I know I'll be wearing them this year at that moment!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I decided on a commemorative tattoo as I walked into Santiago the first time in 2015. I got it before I left for home. My Camino was life changing. This is my only tattoo, decided upon and done, at age 60!

Attachments

• IMG_20180723_145447787.jpg
    IMG_20180723_145447787.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 182
View media item 5650
Like Suzanne S. above, this is my one and only tattoo which I got at age 60. It is on the inside of my right wrist. Had it done in Lisboa after completing my second Camino Frances. The shell design is modeled on the shell relief you will see on the armrests of some of the pews in the Catedral in SdC. I know some folks are opposed to "marking" one's body, and I had never thought I would get a tattoo. The Camino changed my mind.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I bought a lovely, quality, metal shell that I put on a chain and wear it frequently. I would not tattoo any part of my body. However, I wish you well with yours!! Buen Camino!
I'm with you Marbe2 for my own personal skin but can admire on others. I also want to dodge avoidable pain whenever possible! Hmmm, some people would then say "why on earth is she walking the Camino" - can't really explain it either. Just heard about it from my friend - read some books, found this site and just know that it is something I have to do. Ultreia!

I'm starting my camino Sept 8 and excited but nervous. I have an appointment in Santiago to get a tattoo to remember my camino by. Show me your tattoo to see what inspired you!

Attachments

• C24370A7-ACCA-493C-81E8-604BFF73C8FD.jpeg
    C24370A7-ACCA-493C-81E8-604BFF73C8FD.jpeg
    975.6 KB · Views: 227
A selection of Camino Jewellery
BlackLines Studio in Santiago...owned and operated by a young couple who are absolutely meticulous and very very conscious of tattoo hygiene...everything in single use or autoclave sterilized...meticulously cleaned. I'm a nurse...I checked...lol

Attachments

• IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1158.jpg
    IMG_1158.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 193
BlackLines Studio in Santiago...owned and operated by a young couple who are absolutely meticulous and very very conscious of tattoo hygiene...everything in single use or autoclave sterilized...meticulously cleaned. I'm a nurse...I checked...lol
Thanks ! Love the shoe

I've no tattoo yet, but I'm very interested where you're going to get it ;). Please tell me or write me a pn.

It's strange, I never ever wanted a tattoo so far, but I know I want one, when arriving in SdC first time! I even already know, how it's supposed to look and it's going to be on my left hand shoulder!
It's the same for me, I've no idea why, but I also already know, what kind of flip flops I want to wear, when arriving at the cathedral of SdC. Whoever will take a picture then and I hate picures to be taken of me o_O - there'll be flip flops on!

I never ever wear flip flops, especially not at the end of October or the beginning of November. But I know I'll be wearing them this year at that moment!
I think I will get in on the inside of my right forearm near the wrist. I want to be able to see it and that is why I probably will never get one on my shoulder. They do look lovely on the shoulder though :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I used to buy bracelets in Santiago to remember may Caminos. It started to become a hassle taking them off everyday before shower.
Instead of buying, I tattooed bracelets for my 4th and the 5th Camino, I then tattooed my first three bracelets and left the bracelets at home

Attachments

• IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0246.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
t's strange, I never ever wanted a tattoo so far, but I know I want one, when arriving in SdC first time! I even already know, how it's supposed to look and it's going to be on my left hand shoulder!

Ive never had an interest in getting a tattoo before at all and in fact have been kind of anti tattoo but the idea of commemorating my camino with one has been rolling around in my brain. I guess at 50 Im old enough choose something I want on my body forever, and a place Ill want to see it forever.
I'm sure if I had gotten a tattoo in high school or university I'd have Duran Duran on the top of my behind.
I just can't decide a good place that I can see it but it can be hidden?????

As a theatre nurse I have seen many tattoos in many different places. Some were new, some were old and faded. Some I thought were nice, some I thought OMG. Some were dedicated to something or someone meaningful. Some people regretted having had them. I particularly like the ones which were in some form of writing. I am always sorry when there is an injury and the incision has to go through the tattoo. Because no matter how the surgeon tried, even the plastic surgeons, they couldn’t quite get it to be as it was.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

From 2007
Best of luck
ingemar

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2980.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2980.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 80
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I kinda don't like the idea of having a tattoo on my body but I thought of branding. Anyone done this?

But what I want to wear is just too much (too long) for branding I think:
"Nada mas pido: el cielo sobre mi y el camino bajo mis pies"

I really do not want to be a spoilsport here but can you imagine that some way or another you have to stop somwhere before reaching Santiago?
Your pilgrimage will still be valuable and precious.
What I want to make clear is that while walking your goals and intentions might shift and the tattoo might become less important.

Ultreïa!

I kinda don't like the idea of having a tattoo on my body but I thought of branding. Anyone done this?

But what I want to wear is just too much (too long) for branding I think:
"Nada mas pido: el cielo sobre mi y el camino bajo mis pies"

Or even shorter:

El horizonte es la ultima frontera

Buen Camino, SY

€46,-
I'm in SJPdP the 7th, starting walking the 8th! I'm also planning a Camino tattoo, (1st) !!! Just don't know where to put it!! : ) I can't book appt. as don't know when I'll arrive!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
To commemorate my first Camino in 2017, when I arrived in Santiago I got a “unalome” tattooed on my forearm. It works on two levels: It’s a pretty spiral doodle, but (more importantly) it also has deep spiritual significance for me. The origins of the unalome are murky, but according to my research: “Unalome are spiritual symbols related to Theravada Buddhism that represent the path to enlightenment. The bottom spiral illustrates the struggle with life, struggle that gets thinner as one progresses on the path and finally reaches the enlightenment or Nirvana.” For me, there was no better commemorative symbol for my Camino tattoo. (And this is coming from someone who used to dislike tattoos!) I wear mine joyfully.

Attachments

• D717AFF5-A867-4CE1-8438-DAF62584987E.jpeg
    D717AFF5-A867-4CE1-8438-DAF62584987E.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 32
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
While I do have tattoos, like them and most likely shall get some more, and my family members have some too, I wouldn't get one right then and there in Santiago after the walk:

- your body will be exhausted and any tattoo is a further stress on it. You normally do have a slight fever in the evening after a tattoo. If you are leaving by plane add the stress of a flight. It's survivable but why? Get your tattoo after returning. You have earned it and the merit doesn't go away.

- fresh tattoo needs special care that is difficult to do in camino-alberge or flight conditions. The first days you have to wear a protective wrap and apply lotions and surely keep it clean and sweat free (which excludes further walk to Finisterre/Muxia). Sweat will wash away parts of the drawing and tattoo will look moth eaten.

- check and recheck the artist doing your tattoo. Apart from "the pictures on the internet look great". First the safety of the procedure, you know, all that single use and sterilisation stuff. The quality of the ink used. While it's still "tattoo ink" there are higher and lower grades. Low grade ink will fade or change colours and the picture may become ugly after some years, you will need to go to your tattoo artist to correct it. Low grade ink also means your skin will try to push it out - more fever evening after the procedure.

- if you leave Santiago within less than a month you will need to find a local artist in your hometown anyway because any tattoo needs an update after a month or so. For a bunch of psychological and technical reasons its better if the same person does the work all the way through. Your tattoo artist is somebody you trust your skin to.

Camino is spiritual and Camino is business. Most anything will be offered if you are willing to pay. Including a tattoo on the go. It's not a cup of coffee, tattoo really is for the rest of your life, make it worthy. Apologies to the tattoo artists that try to build a business or a summer job on the Camino but this is low level and I shall always discourage people from using your services.

While I do have tattoos, like them and most likely shall get some more, and my family members have some too, I wouldn't get one right then and there in Santiago after the walk:

- your body will be exhausted and any tattoo is a further stress on it. You normally do have a slight fever in the evening after a tattoo. If you are leaving by plane add the stress of a flight. It's survivable but why? Get your tattoo after returning. You have earned it and the merit doesn't go away.

- fresh tattoo needs special care that is difficult to do in camino-alberge or flight conditions. The first days you have to wear a protective wrap and apply lotions and surely keep it clean and sweat free (which excludes further walk to Finisterre/Muxia). Sweat will wash away parts of the drawing and tattoo will look moth eaten.

- check and recheck the artist doing your tattoo. Apart from "the pictures on the internet look great". First the safety of the procedure, you know, all that single use and sterilisation stuff. The quality of the ink used. While it's still "tattoo ink" there are higher and lower grades. Low grade ink will fade or change colours and the picture may become ugly after some years, you will need to go to your tattoo artist to correct it. Low grade ink also means your skin will try to push it out - more fever evening after the procedure.

- if you leave Santiago within less than a month you will need to find a local artist in your hometown anyway because any tattoo needs an update after a month or so. For a bunch of psychological and technical reasons its better if the same person does the work all the way through. Your tattoo artist is somebody you trust your skin to.

Camino is spiritual and Camino is business. Most anything will be offered if you are willing to pay. Including a tattoo on the go. It's not a cup of coffee, tattoo really is for the rest of your life, make it worthy. Apologies to the tattoo artists that try to build a business or a summer job on the Camino but this is low level and I shall always discourage people from using your services.
These are wise words and good advice. That said, I got inked in Santiago — it was important to me to be able to do it in the place where I finished my journey — and my tattoo and i survived just fine. It still looks fresh and dark over a year later. Post-inking care is very important, but it was not a hardship to take good care of my new tat while traveling a few more days. HOWEVER — I did not go on to Finisterre and do the ritual ocean swim on that trip. SO — First-timers should note that you are not supposed to immerse your brand-new tattoo in water — no bathing or swimming — for the first few weeks. Showering only, with a gentle blot dry on your fresh ink. If a hot bath and/or dip into the ocean are on your post-Camino agenda, definitely wait till you get home to get inked.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@SeaHorse
Thank you very much for taking time to put down these points which one should consider before immortalising the Camino with a tattoo on ones body.

I confess, the idea came to me only a short time ago, I have never wanted a tattoo before and therefore I had never really thought about it closely, what that decision would/could involve.

So, since I want to walk on to Finisterre and Muxia, I guess - with a slight regret, but nevertheless - that tattoo will have to wait till I'm back home.

@leichecerca
Thanks about telling not to swim. I usually go swimming at least once if not twice a week ...

Last edited:

I've occasionally wondered whether "old pagan" Tincatinker actually ever got a Camino tattoo....

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What is the deal? Why the Camino? I have always been rather anti-tattoo myself and nothing was important enough to mark my body. Yet, by 1/2 way through the Camino, I knew I had to get a tattoo! AND,,, I am 60 years old like numerous posters above. I'm working on the art with an award winning artist near home and looks like we'll be doing the ink during winter because I can't be restricted from water. If this post is still alive after completion I'll add picture. Not big, just important to get it right.

I've occasionally wondered whether "old pagan" Tincatinker actually ever got a Camino tattoo....
Hahaha, I wonder that too.
That's why I was asking about branding. But obviously nobody has been so "bold" to get him/her-self branded. I think that's more appropriate for us Pagans ;)

@SeaHorse
Thank you very much for taking time to put down these points which one should consider before immortalising the Camino with a tattoo on ones body.

I confess, the idea came to me only a short time ago, I have never wanted a tattoo before and therefore I had never really thought about it closely, what that decision would/could involve.

So, since I want to walk on to Finisterre and Muxia, I guess - with a slight regret, but nevertheless - that tattoo will have to wait till I'm back home.

@leichecerca
Thanks about telling not to swim. I usually go swimming at least once if not twice a week ...
I don't know if you have time on your trip but this is what I did. I got into Santiago and made my tattoo appointment for the day I got back from Finisterre and Muxia. I kept it covered, as per instruction on my flight home...which overall lasted 36 hours. Just a thought...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
@Suzanne S.
That's a very tempting idea. I normally would probably ponder on that for quite some time. It would ever be so nice to complete my Camino with a tattoo [That I did not even start so far is just another issue ... I've so far no idea how it's gonna work out for me, when walking, not knowing yet, if I'll finish it! So much can still happen till I'm going to take off ...] But I must admit, I find these two reasons which SeaHorse wrote quite convincing:

Already having had two life threatening skin issues I'm a bit cautious in general. Guess in that case, I'll better play safe. Thanks again SeaHorse, I've no idea why I didn't think any further, what a tattoo involves ...

It took me three years after my 1st Camino but I finally got one on my back/shoulder blade that says “Cor unum in deum”. It means “One heart in God” and marks a significant experience in Carrion de los Condes.

My first tattoo, after my first pilgrimage in 2016, is on my back to give me the spiritual energy to move forward. Hard to see here, but there is a trinity knot in the middle of the shell to honor my love for Galicia.
Ultreia!

Attachments

• IMG_3733.JPG
    IMG_3733.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Keep it simple. Pick a clean shop. Go with the lead artist even if you have to wait. Post care is easy but important. Touch ups not needed if.you keep it simple. Make it meaningful to yourself. You will know. Always wanted a tat. Had to be 57 and do the camino to figure out what was important

Attachments

• 15328336817991248939638990261671.jpg
    15328336817991248939638990261671.jpg
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 97
Yes, just this year after losing many bracelets when pulling on and off a rucksack, I decided to have a permanent reminder of my joyous walks on the caminos.
On my right arm at the wrist where I would normally wear a bracelet.
Only one person, a wonderful sales assistant in Cotswolds in Belfast, has recognised it so far!

Attachments

• 20180503_081018.jpg
    20180503_081018.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 51
After completing 2 Camino's and a hospitelero duty at Bercianos ( 2015 & 2017) I got 2 tattoo's for myself at Xmas 2017 as a xmas present and to commemorate my achievements . One tattoo is a Tree of life - which represented my past ( Roots) , Present and future ( Branches and leaves) ie. everything ( causes and conditions) that led up to my camino's and also i got a tattoo with a camino shell with a Latin saying from St Augustine .. 'Solvitur ambulando '( 'It is solved by walking ) I'm really happy and proud of them .

Attachments

• 0009.jpg
    0009.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 57

€46,-

Where are you going to get the tattoo? Do you need an appointment? I want to get one at the end, too!!

I too have never wanted a tatoo, although I do find tatoos now to be much more interesting and precise than when I was growing up. I have been going over in my head for the last couple of years for a design to carry with, but more importantly, on me.
I want to thank all who shared their commitment.

Peace be with you.

Buen Camino

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Attachments

• 0314A93E-A3E4-4471-A77E-79F51EBE5323.jpeg
    0314A93E-A3E4-4471-A77E-79F51EBE5323.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • AB5D48F7-D8F2-4453-825E-28C347FCF1EB.jpeg
    AB5D48F7-D8F2-4453-825E-28C347FCF1EB.jpeg
    599 KB · Views: 73
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The Camino was very healing for me. I was in physical and emotional pain (tendinitis and crossroads in life) and I learned to be grateful for each step that I took on the Camino, for each breath that I inhaled and exhaled... Even the breaths around cow fields (the smell may not be as soothing as the small of the eucalyptus forests). I considered getting a tattoo in Santiago and decided to wait until my design was clear. I wore a Camino bracelet instead for years, until I figured out my design and got tatooed.

I chose to get two tattoos rather than one, both inspired by the Camino but not typical of the Camino. The first is the word "light" on my ankle, in Hebrew. It reminds me that light will rise again after a Dark Night of the Soul, to choose light over darkness, and, because it is on my right ankle, on the yang side of my body, to act in a way that honours the light in all of us. It is the first thing I see when I open my eyes after sitting down for meditation. It is a daily reminder to choose light and all the lessons I learned on the Camino.

I asked the Camino for clarity for what my next step in life should be and the answer I got was to do a yoga teacher training. From the very first day of the Camino, I had been teaching fellow pilgrims to breath and stretch. It was not until after I returned from the Camino that the signs had been there all along and that the Camino had been answering my question from Day 1. My advice is to notice the signs. :)

And so my second tattoo is the word "pilgrim", written in Sanskrit, on my ribcage. साधन "Sadhana" means pilgrim, but also so much more- practice, pursuit of a goal, seeker, etc. It represents my journey as a pilgrim, as a seeker, as a spiritual being in a human body in this life. It integrates my Camino and my yoga teacher training. It is on my ribcage as a reminder to breath through the difficult moments, and close to my heart to allow me to keep integrating the magic of the Camino into my heart. There is so much loving kindness on the Camino!

I hope you will ask the Camino to show you your tattoo design. I know it will answer. :)

Feel free to browse through my 2013 and 2017 Camino pictures on my Instagram feed at https://www.instagram.com/loreley_gold/.

Buen camino dear One and good luck finding your unique tattoo design!

Attachments

• Pilgrim in Sanskrit- Sadhana.png
    Pilgrim in Sanskrit- Sadhana.png
    254.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Light-Hebrew.png
    Light-Hebrew.png
    386.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Trikonasana on the Camino.png
    Trikonasana on the Camino.png
    725.4 KB · Views: 73
As it is looking more and more likely that I will be able to board the plane in 2.5 weeks to do my 2nd CF (starting in Sahagun, by my best calculation) I am thinking of the *next* tattoo -- I will be taking photos of the flowers along the way that I first started to see about 2-3 days before León, and which I *think* are a kind of broom plant. I certainly hope they are a long season bloomer as this walk is off from my first by about 6 weeks). At any rate, I am hoping to get the long stalk and blooms to wrap around my rib-cage and scapula. I stay away from inks with red pigments because of my own potential for allergic reaction to the components in them, so yellow flowers that were ubiquitous make sense... otherwise, I'd probably have a sliced open fig somewhere.... literal life-savers on my last walk.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'm starting my camino Sept 8 and excited but nervous. I have an appointment in Santiago to get a tattoo to remember my camino by. Show me your tattoo Mto see what inspired you![/QUOTE

Neglected my feet, paid the price. “Ipsius Vulnera”, self inflicted wounds. Bussed for 10 days on account of bad blisters. Returning 2018. 7D9D3A3F-C07F-44F7-A6BF-385B718D48ED.jpeg

Where are you going to get the tattoo? Do you need an appointment? I want to get one at the end, too!!
I'm going to Sagrado Corazon Tatuajes. It was recommended on the forum. I just emailed them and they were very easy to book an appointment with.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Very nice tattoo ! I got the same inscription ' Solvitur Ambulando ' but with different imagery . Well done !
Thanks Mark! I see you too served at Bercianos! Hoped you loved it as much as I did! :D

€149,-
Thanks Elleley , Yes I really loved serving pilgrims and meeting local community members at Bercianos last October . It was a deeply rewarding experience for me . I'm heading back to the Camino this September ( 2018) and not entirely sure which route i will walk this time , but hoping to pop into the Albergue in Bercianos & say hi cheers :))

Thanks Elleley , Yes I really loved serving pilgrims and meeting local community members at Bercianos last October . It was a deeply rewarding experience for me . I'm heading back to the Camino this September ( 2018) and not entirely sure which route i will walk this time , but hoping to pop into the Albergue in Bercianos & say hi cheers :))
Buen Camino Mark! I also am off to the Portugués in September, but unfortunately, no where near Bercianos. Someday, hope to serve again/visit. Ultreia! elle

€60,-
Here's one a guy showed me. He updates it after each walk. I offered to do a temporary update in biro, but he declined. The guy who sells the bus tickets at Seville airport also showed me all his camino tattoos, minutes after I entered the country :p
20170802_151345.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it's been months in the making. I finished my full Frances in May.
My base idea came directly from the street, base idea.jpgI'm sure many have sern it along the way.
When I got home, I worked with a local artist and we created the design.
Now I have the finished product on my left calve.1539032763827_IMG_3222.jpg

At 60, it was a big deal to get my first tattoo. I took the time and worked with an artist, to get something that really meams a lot to me. As I add future Caminos, I plan to add route/year in the rays of the sunburst.
BTW, the yellow was difficult ;-)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Love it, Bob! It's just like a gorgeous painting!
BTW, where was the stonework located. I don't think I ever saw it, even though I walked every step SJPdP to Santiago!

Almost sure it was in Portomarin. I know it was before Ventas de Naron. I don't keep notes, but I do keep pictures and the picture before was surely in Portomarin and the picture after was in Ventas de Naron. My memory is saying it was in the morning, departing Portomarin.

The camera's memory is saying "Palas de Rei" as location. Guess I should looked there first...

Well, it's been months in the making. I finished my full Frances in May.
My base idea came directly from the street, View attachment 47301I'm sure many have sern it along the way.
When I got home, I worked with a local artist and we created the design.
Now I have the finished product on my left calve.View attachment 47302

I love that design. i was thinking of a combination of the scallop and the cross of St James, but I love the idea of somehow incorporating the cobblestones. I have until we get back from our first Camino in May to finalize. Thanks for sharing!
Jerry

I love that design. i was thinking of a combination of the scallop and the cross of St James, but I love the idea of somehow incorporating the cobblestones. I have until we get back from our first Camino in May to finalize. Thanks for sharing!
Jerry
And you added "triskelion", one of Celtic/Galician symbols. Nice, I like that :)

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

€149,-
They're amazing Eric. Looks fantastic. Did you get them done all at the same time?
No. I got the shell on my calf of my right leg done in Santiago. Everything else was done in the States the after each Camino. It's still a work in progress
They're amazing Eric. Looks fantastic. Did you get them done all at the same time?
Hi Terry,
No I didnt. I initially got just a shell on my calf in Santiago after my first Camino( 2014). After my second, I came up with the idea of having stamps to remember a special albergue, memory, City or just cool looking stamp. Now, it's got a mind of it's own lol. I'll be returning on 28 April with my daughter for the CF and I'm sure I'll update my personal credential when I return. Attached is the original shell which was done in Spain the "Culprit " of it all!!
Thanks for asking!!
Eric

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190120-062621_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190120-062621_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
No. I got the shell on my calf of my right leg done in Santiago. Everything else was done in the States the after each Camino. It's still a work in progress

Hi Terry,
No I didnt. I initially got just a shell on my calf in Santiago after my first Camino( 2014). After my second, I came up with the idea of having stamps to remember a special albergue, memory, City or just cool looking stamp. Now, it's got a mind of it's own lol. I'll be returning on 28 April with my daughter for the CF and I'm sure I'll update my personal credential when I return. Attached is the original shell which was done in Spain the "Culprit " of it all!!
Thanks for asking!!
Eric
They've done a great job Eric, the stamps are really lifelike.

€46,-
The lines are still healing, looks better in real life and after washing the ink off still being expelled. Next week another one :)

3D938295-0B9D-45F8-A9D4-C5AF2932A5EA.jpeg

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.