Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

~Showers~

Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

pilgrimgal

Sorry 8) Yes, do they have showers? Are they private/communal showers? Can you really bring your clothes/passport in without them getting soaked too? Stuff like that...
Cath

Past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Cath,

Yes, they have showers.
In summer, they're often cold, but it feels good.
Many have hot water, or at least "very warm" but it's not like at home.

The showers are almost always private or at least semi private. For instance, in the girls' locker, the shower stalls may not have doors, but they have walls between each shower. Believe me, nobody is interested in googling you... everyone wants to get their shower and get out. :)

The showers are small. You must take a ziplock baggie to put your passport and money in and TAKE IT INTO THE SHOWER WITH YOU. Never leave it with anyone else or in your bags. There are threads about this that you can find on here.

Does that help?

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

crackmrmac

Veteran Member
In the last week from what I remember. However I always appreciated a bed.

Valenca do Mihno: male & female seperate showers

Redondela: think they're separate; hot water(..when I stepped in.) Warm albergue.

Pontevedra: seperate; hot water AND underfloor heating throughout albergue!!!

Caldas de Reis; 1 shower for all; hot water.

Padron; seperate;hot water.

Buen camino

alipilgrim

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Listed in my signature
There is often no (or at least very little) space to store your clothes while you shower. I brought along a plastic hook that fit over the door/wall so that I could hang my belongings while showering.

ksam

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Portuguese '08, Frances '11, del Norte '14, Invierno '16, Ingles '17, Primitivo October 2018
Crackermac, I think you've got it nailed there! I do remember Redondella being very "modern" Black stone in the bathrooms...Padron and interesting refit for the old Convent...at tad chilly, but it was a really cold wet May in '08. We stayed in Porrino...which had a purpose build Alburge...and the Bathrooms were great..hand dryers in 'em. Although we wanted to kill someone who spend the late night hours using the hand dryer as a laundry dryer! So future Pilgrims beware....do not use hand dryers on you laundry unless everyone else is awake!! :evil:

Buen Camino All,
Karin

mmonomm

hi,
i just came back from the camino portuguese.
the bathrooms are almost all of them very modern. in may there were not so many people walking , so there were no lines standing for showers :) hot water everywhere. so no problem. in Redondela there are even washing mashines !!! so do not panic!!!!! :) everything is fine

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads