• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sick in Larrasoana

• Thread starter Former member 59618
  • Start date
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, plenty, as advised above. I used one some years ago, you need simple Spanish, or to find someone in the clinic with English. Also, but that is secondary right now, check out your insurance. You can also check in a pharmacy...
A quick search brought up this:
1679040549407.png
primer ensanche is the first 'circle' in the city, widening out to the next development. Depends where you land, but show this to anyone with an eye for maps and you will be directed to the nearest one. You have probably missed the morning bus into Pamplona, the one from Roncesvalles. All the best. Be sure to have a mask. This is not a political statement, it is a recommendation based on manners at this point in time.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Pharmacies in lots of Europe will be able to provide assistance. They often speak very good English ( especially in tourist cities) At the very least they would be able to point you where you need to go if they cannot help you

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Truenorth,
We met pre covid on the Le Puy route at the gite in Moissac. Hope you get better soon and the illness does not spoil your camino.
After Pamplona, the next stage, as I'm sure you already know, involves the climb up the Alto de Perdon, so figure that into your plans.
Best wishes
Felice
xxxx

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Antibiotics, if you are put on them, can really effect your energy levels so take it easy for a few days.
They can also cause gastrointestinal upset and sun sensitivity. See if you can get some probiotics to help with the first, and wear sunscreen for the latter.

Hi Truenorth,
We met pre covid on the Le Puy route at the gite in Moissac. Hope you get better soon and the illness does not spoil your camino.
After Pamplona, the next stage, as I'm sure you already know, involves the climb up the Alto de Perdon, so figure that into your plans.
Best wishes
Felice
xxxx
I remember! Thank you for your well wishes. Yes, I am going to fully rest before tackling that stretch.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Having been caught in the situation of needing proper medical help, I recommend going straight to the emergency department of the public hospital in Pamplona. Pharmacies in Spain cannot prescribe antibiotics, medical centres, clinics and the private hospital would not help and sent us to the public hospital where something was finally done. We were not charged on visiting, but a bill was sent to our address a few months later. Hoping you get better soon.

I would like to know if there’s a clinic in Pamplona I can visit. Potential bronchitis developing.
Furthermore: I have had it, and I know: It can be painful. I got it while serving in the army in Arctic Norway. To further elaborate on bad clinics: There are numerous reports about clinics that will offer all kinds of unecessary expensive treatment. Stay in contact with your insurance company.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Update: thanks for everyone’s suggestions. Yesterday I procured some excellent drugs from the farmacia (Spanish farmacias are absolute gems) which helped loosen the gunk in my lungs and lozenges with licodaine that soothed my throat. Fever broke last night and I woke up feeling much better. Thank goodness for not needing antibiotics. Staying one more night near Cizur Menor and then doing a short day to Uterga tomorrow (hopefully).

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: thanks for everyone’s suggestions. Yesterday I procured some excellent drugs from the farmacia (Spanish farmacias are absolute gems) which helped loosen the gunk in my lungs and lozenges with licodaine that soothed my throat. Fever broke last night and I woke up feeling much better. Thank goodness for not needing antibiotics. Staying one more night near Zizur Menor and then doing a short day to Uterga tomorrow (hopefully).
Delighted everything worked out for you.
Buen Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
truenorthpilgrim,
Thanks for your update. So glad that you are feeling better.
If on Sunday's walk you are planning to climb the Alto de Perdon please be aware that there are very few stops to eat/drink between Cizur Menor and Uterga. Be prepared. Carry water and snacks. Do take care and Buen camino!

Last edited:
truenorthpilgrim,
Thanks for your update. So glad that you are feeling better.
If on Sunday's walk you are planning to climb the Alto de Perdon please be aware that there are very few stops to eat/drink between Cizur Menor and Uterga. Be prepared. Carry water and snacks. Do take care and Buen camino!

Absolutely-I went to the supermercado this morning and stocked up on nuts, yogurt, and bananas.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Update: thanks for everyone’s suggestions. Yesterday I procured some excellent drugs from the farmacia (Spanish farmacias are absolute gems) which helped loosen the gunk in my lungs and lozenges with licodaine that soothed my throat. Fever broke last night and I woke up feeling much better. Thank goodness for not needing antibiotics. Staying one more night near Cizur Menor and then doing a short day to Uterga tomorrow (hopefully).
I'm assuming that you also took a Covid test?

Splendid news! Buen Camino! Uterga tomorrow is VERY wise.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hotel Albert is my last place to stay for full creature comfort before I begin my last Camino. My place to recover from jet lag.
It’s quite nice and the staff are so friendly. Farmacia a few doors down and very close the the public hospital, which thankfully I didn’t need to visit. Unfortunately the hotel could only accommodate me one night so now I’m in Zizur Mayor at another perfectly lovely hotel (which had a bathtub, so of course I indulged in a hot tubby!) 🛀🏻

Still on the fence if I’m walking tomorrow as I’m tired and very “coughy”.

I'm assuming that you also took a Covid test?
Yes I had a rapid test on me.

Edited: yes, always assume this, but your question feels slightly invasive. Trust that I took the necessary precautions to take care of myself and the surrounding community.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most read last week in this forum

I'm about a 6 weeks away from beginning the French Camino. Depending on how I feel when I get to St. Jean, I will either take a train back to Portugal, or continue on to Santiago. In the...
Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.